The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 737, 738, 739, 740, 741, 742, 743 ... 867
Online now: Google [Bot]
macnuke Afar
TOS
TOS
TOS
bah! spotters are for sissies, amirite?

TOS
macnuke Afar
he should have stuck with a tide pod
jkahless Custom Title
TOS posted:
bah! spotters are for sissies, amirite?

Bench press is the most dangerous exercise.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
user Stupid cockwomble
amazing how that raunchy phrase has penetrated ordinary discourse
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
ukimalefu dysfunctional
TOS
walked on the moon, and decades later fighting his own family in court

the future turned out pretty lousy
TOS
user Stupid cockwomble
TOS
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Séamas Honorary Consul General
That's aboard the Starship, is it not?
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Séamas posted:

huh? umh... no?

It should move, but for some reason, it doesn't work as a gif, only as gifv. I've noticed this recently. It's an imgur thing, not the forum's fault.

it's a jet ski with lights
ukimalefu dysfunctional

Confession: I've never seen that movie. But you can't spoil it for me. I know it's people.
TOS
ukimalefu posted:

Confession: I've never seen that movie. But you can't spoil it for me. I know it's people.

it's actually a pretty good movie ... one of the few to portray global warming in addition to overpopulation

haven't seen it in awhile so it's probably horribly dated by now, but it's worth checking out
ukimalefu dysfunctional
maurvir posted:
[snip of Elton John pic]

Hmmm...let's see: a relatively narrow area with those lit windows near the left edge of the pic with THAT certain shape? I guessed that this was taken aboard a (John's?) private jet.

A Google image search found me this:

Yup, that's most likely the one. The photo I posted was of him playing at the electronic organ bar aboard that plane in 1974.
ukimalefu posted:
Séamas posted:

huh? umh... no?

It should move, but for some reason, it doesn't work as a gif, only as gifv. I've noticed this recently. It's an imgur thing, not the forum's fault.

I was referring to the Elton John picture. It's aboard a Boeing 720 that was called the Starship. It was totally outfitted interior, and used by Led Zeppelin on a number of tours--as well as other bands including Deep Purple, Allman Bros and the Rolling Stones.

Each band would change the livery for their tour.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Starship
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Ah, when it was good to be a musician.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Elton John tour 1974?
I saw that show.
Thompson-Boling Arena, Knoxville TN, the Saturday that "The uncouth individual Is Back" hit Number 4.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Séamas posted:
ukimalefu posted:
Séamas posted:

huh? umh... no?

I was referring to the Elton John picture. It's aboard a Boeing 720 that was called the Starship. It was totally outfitted interior, and used by Led Zeppelin on a number of tours--as well as other bands including Deep Purple, Allman Bros and the Rolling Stones.

oh, ok

I've seen pics of Led Zeppelin in a plane. They shared the plane with other people? so much for being a rockstar.

Iron Maiden owns their plane, and the singer can fly it. THAT is how you do it.
juice Inadvertently correct
ukimalefu posted:
Séamas posted:
ukimalefu posted:
Séamas posted:

huh? umh... no?

oh, ok

I've seen pics of Led Zeppelin in a plane. They shared the plane with other people? so much for being a rockstar.

Did you see the story of the time that The Allman Brothers arrived to use the plane and "Welcome Allman Brothers" was spelled out in cocaine on the bar?

If you're going to share a plane that's not a bad way to do it. If you're into those kind of lifestyle choices.
ukimalefu posted:
Séamas posted:
ukimalefu posted:
Séamas posted:

huh? umh... no?

oh, ok

Iron Maiden's plane (Ed Force One), is not owned by Iron Maiden--it is leased from Air Atlanta. (Starship was also leased)

No sense in not "sharing" it for a fee when you aren't using it.
TOS
DukeofNuke posted:
Elton John tour 1974?
I saw that show.
Thompson-Boling Arena, Knoxville TN, the Saturday that "The uncouth individual Is Back" hit Number 4.

i was a bit young, but i remember well my older sibs playing his records on pretty much a continuous loop
Séamas posted:
ukimalefu posted:
Séamas posted:
ukimalefu posted:
Séamas posted:

huh? umh... no?

oh, ok

Iron Maiden's plane (Ed Force One), is not owned by Iron Maiden--it is leased from Air Atlanta. (Starship was also leased)

Leasing makes more sense as well in that you can claim the cost as a business expense on taxes. When you're pulling in the kind of cash that they were and spending so much of it on the proverbial hookers and blow in support of a rock and roll lifestyle, it's nice to have a legit expense that you can write off.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Séamas posted:
ukimalefu posted:
Séamas posted:
ukimalefu posted:
Séamas posted:

huh? umh... no?

oh, ok

really? but... I thought...

googles it

damn

At least Bruce Dickinson IS a pilot.
TOS
TOS
juice posted:
Séamas posted:
ukimalefu posted:
Séamas posted:
ukimalefu posted:
Séamas posted:

huh? umh... no?

oh, ok

Leasing makes more sense as well in that you can claim the cost as a business expense on taxes. When you're pulling in the kind of cash that they were and spending so much of it on the proverbial hookers and blow in support of a rock and roll lifestyle, it's nice to have a legit expense that you can write off.

see, this is one of the reasons why i love this place ... you never know which insanely obscure topics everyone will be experts in
juice posted:
Séamas posted:
ukimalefu posted:
Séamas posted:
ukimalefu posted:
Séamas posted:

huh? umh... no?

oh, ok

Peter Grant was an extremely dedicated manager for Zeppelin.
I don't know that I agree with the assessment of Zeppelin being an "insanely obscure topic." They are the second-biggest album selling group in the world behind the Beatles.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 737, 738, 739, 740, 741, 742, 743 ... 867