The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 731, 732, 733, 734, 735, 736, 737 ... 867
Online now: Google [Bot], ukimalefu
Pariah Know Your Enemy
I had a Molar Mac G3/233 w/768MB of ram. OS9.2.2 ran like a dream on it.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
sean posted:

I had one of these (Ok, technically the university did, but it was in my office). It was an awesome machine, but a bit of a pain to work on at times.
sean Royal Wombat
maurvir posted:
I had one of these (Ok, technically the university did, but it was in my office). It was an awesome machine, but a bit of a pain to work on at times.

I owned one for a number of years, eventually putting a G4 upgrade in it, and running an early version of OS X on it. Eventually it got replaced with an MDD G4. One of the best machines I ever owned; I remember it fondly.
obvs posted:
I actually had an eMac as my main work computer for several months(and it was several years out of date by that point).

No, I mean when I was back in high school I feel like there were G3 machines that were all-in-one and not curvy, because I remember seeing the curvy one and thinking "Oh, that's different." They didn't have eMacs when I was in high school.

Are you thinking of the all-in-one form factors of the Performa?

obvs My password is "contraseña"
I remember there being several 5200/75 systems in my high school(and I remember that model number exactly), and I swear that I remember a Mac G3 in the same form factor(and boxy), but I also remember the curvy form factor with the top that looked like the iMac's plastic(and curvy).
Maybe it's just the angle on the G3 AIO?
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu dysfunctional
maurvir posted:
sean posted:

That was my second computer after the Commodore 64. I learned Photoshop, Quark, and Illustrator on it. It was the workstation for a 60" 1200dpi inkjet printer and Howtek drum scanner back in 1998 so that was pretty cutting edge for the time when 300 dpi was the inkjet standard.

But it had its flaws. It often needed to be shut down at the rear switch because of freezing up and the hard drive failed maybe because of poor case ventilation.
TOS
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu dysfunctional
TOS
lead-free fuel? damn commie hippies are trying to destroy america!
TOS
Pariah Know Your Enemy

Pro tip: The Performa 5215 has a lifetime warranty on it because of a law suite over bad mobos. Included is unlimited telephone tech support.
TOS
oh. my. gawd.

TOS
ukimalefu dysfunctional
I dunno, that doesn't seem like a very Farrah price for those.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Aaron_R posted:
I hated english and didn't care to pay attention to it while in school so most of those maps that are trying to describe the differences between pronunciations of a vowel is lost on me. (I'd so get my butt kicked on smarter than a 5th grader anything english related!)

However when I moved from Milwaukee to Iowa, Soda (pop), Bubbler (fountain) and Bags from a grocer (knapsacks) were all foreign to them. When I moved back to Wisconsin the only thing I changed saying was soda, but I don't refer to it as pop ethier, I call it one combined word now, sodapop.

The map talking about the large sandwich is missing a couple:
Around where I now live it is called a Wedge--then a few miles east going through various parts of New England it is called a grinder. A few counties to the wast and you will find pockets where hoagie is heard.
Where I grew up it was called a Sub or hero interchangeably. Some delis would call the bread itself a torpedo.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
That reminds me of a few things. First, I am grateful that Apple ditched that "aqua" look in OS X. Second, I have an old "Pismo" G3 Powerbook 2000 I need to get rid of. Unfortunately, it's in much worse condition than either of those.
TOS
i loved those chicklet ibooks

but my fave mac was the powerbook 1400

TOS posted:
i loved those chicklet ibooks

but my fave mac was the powerbook 1400

The Powerbook 2000 was a massively better machine in every way:

That thing had one of the best keyboards I have ever used on a laptop.

TIL When Terry Pratchett was knighted, he forged his own sword out of meteorite and 81kg of ore that he dug up and smelted using a makeshift kiln.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
juice Inadvertently correct
That was a good movie.
maurvir posted:

That thing had one of the best keyboards I have ever used on a laptop.

That's my favorite. My father bought one in the debut year for work. I liked the curves and texture of the plastic. The rubbery strip that went on the outside and the embossed Apple logo were nice touches. The only part that felt cheap was the plastic closure latch, but I liked it more than the sliding lock or buttons most laptops had at the time.
macnuke Afar
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Dude's got 4 supersubwoofers.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
user Stupid cockwomble
psssh...a bb gun would take care of those helmets
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu dysfunctional
macnuke posted:

DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
DukeofNuke posted:

BARDSTOWN, Ky. (WKYT) - A bourbon barrel storage facility has collapsed in Bardstown, and crews are assessing the damage.

WLKY is reporting the building collapsed at the Barton 1792 Distillery around 11 a.m. Friday. No one was injured in the collapse.

Nelson County Emergency Management spokesman Milt Spalding says about 9,000 barrels filled with aging bourbon were affected Friday at the Barton 1792 Distillery in Bardstown.

Spalding says there were no injuries inside the structure, which was holding about 20,000 barrels. Half the structure remains standing.

Bardstown Fire Chief Billy Mattingly says the remainder of the building, which was built in the 1940s, is very unstable and at risk of collapsing too. A crew had been making repairs to the facility.

The Environmental Protection Agency is at the scene along with county firefighters. The EPA is looking at a nearby creek where bourbon may have spilled.

The distillery announced it will close its visitor center and not offer tours for the rest of Friday. It plans to reopen tomorrow morning.

WKYT will have reports from Bardstown on-air beginning at 4:00 p.m., and this story will continue to updated.

Well, the other side fell ...
Quote:
Despite attempts to shore up Barton 1792 Distillery's seven-story warehouse in Bardstown, Kentucky, after half of its wooden-structure collapsed June 22, the rest of the rackhouse imploded Wednesday. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 758301002/

ukimalefu dysfunctional
ImageImage

Early Muppets merchandise from 1966.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
ukimalefu posted:
ImageImage

Early Muppets merchandise from 1966.

I didn't think the Muppets were that old. The original Muppet Show started in 1976. Sesame Street began in 1969...Rowlf was never on it except maybe as a guest cameo. Did they begin life as toys, or is this from some obscure British comedy? (does research)...holy cow...Sam and Friends started in 1955. Kermit began life as a lizard!
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 731, 732, 733, 734, 735, 736, 737 ... 867