The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 730, 731, 732, 733, 734, 735, 736 ... 867
Online now: Google [Bot], ukimalefu
TOS
god bless canada and the princess pat's!
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu dysfunctional
macnuke Afar
STOL at it's finest :up:
TOS
this makes me miss dan
ukimalefu dysfunctional
macnuke Afar
it's got electric start .. and it's green.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
I would love to be there when that guy contests the ticket. :lol:
TOS
sometimes you just need a corgi

ukimalefu dysfunctional

Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife, Sophie, leave Sarajevo City Hall on June 28, 1914.
TOS
funnily enough, though next in line for succession (and the emperor would die in just a few years), ferdinand was strongly opposed to the dynasty's imperialistic policies, especially as pertaining to serbia ... letting him live might have changed history completely

at the same time as a person, he was a truly awful human being
TOS
theda bara, 1916

she was hollywood's first big sex symbol ... she usually played the exotic seductress (despite being from ohio), but eventually got tired of being pigeonholed and quit the business when she couldn't get any other roles

TOS
jfk, rfk and you-know-who

TOS

Curious George got a bit too curious.
dv
ukimalefu dysfunctional
TOS
dv
That's about right.
obvs My password is "contraseña"
So do you just *never* go outside, then?
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
obvs posted:
So do you just *never* go outside, then?

I do my best out here in Arizona to stay indoors during the summer.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
TOS posted:

It was brutal today here.
Last night I went to bed in my nice air-conditioned bedroom and awoke after three stifling with my sheets glued to my sweaty body. The power was off. I found out talking to some of my neighbors that it went off at 1:30 or so. Came back on about 5am.
Little Chico was still cuddled up to my back, poor little dude was half wet from my sweat getting on him.
And today the hammer really fell, super hot and super humid. The cats spent the day in the basement.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Just about 3 months before the iMac, came the all in one G3 Mac

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Mac ... All-In-One
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu dysfunctional
and then everything changed when the iStuff arrived

a suit! he's wearing a suit!

at least there's no tie
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu posted:

I remember using these, but I swear there was also a more boxy one, and I liked the boxy one more than the smooth one.
dv
obvs posted:
ukimalefu posted:

I remember using these, but I swear there was also a more boxy one, and I liked the boxy one more than the smooth one.

There were the 54xx and 55xx series powermacs before them.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
dv posted:
obvs posted:
ukimalefu posted:

There were the 54xx and 55xx series powermacs before them.

There were other all in ones, hey, THE original Mac is all in one, but the one I posted is a G3, and you can't see it in that image but the top is translucent.
sean Royal Wombat
IIRC, the AIO (All In One) G3s were available only to educational markets.

I fondly recall the G3 Minitower I had of the same generation.
TOS
i think those first-gen imacs will be remembered as one of the all-time greatest marketing innovations of all time
sean Royal Wombat
Pariah Know Your Enemy
obvs posted:
ukimalefu posted:

I bet you are thinking of the eMac.

I seem to be the only person who hated the original iMac line. Heinous, little crap boxes. Anyone who ever had to work inside one knows what utter pieces of cheap human waste they were.
The Bondi iMacs had a 10 to 15% dead out the box rate and Apple refused to allow replacements. They had to be sent to Apple for repair.
I worked at the only Apple certified repair center in a 70 mile radius and that first Xmass after the iMac came out was a God damned nightmare. I had a stack of at least 30 DOA iMacs to process and send back to Apple and had to deal with the anger of all those people who were sold a dead one and could not simply exchange it for a new one the way you could with any other stick fiddling brand on the market.
I actually had an eMac as my main work computer for several months(and it was several years out of date by that point).

No, I mean when I was back in high school I feel like there were G3 machines that were all-in-one and not curvy, because I remember seeing the curvy one and thinking "Oh, that's different." They didn't have eMacs when I was in high school.
TOS
obvs posted:
I actually had an eMac as my main work computer for several months(and it was several years out of date by that point).

No, I mean when I was back in high school I feel like there were G3 machines that were all-in-one and not curvy, because I remember seeing the curvy one and thinking "Oh, that's different." They didn't have eMacs when I was in high school.

didn't gateway or somebody make similar models?
dv
obvs posted:

You are hallucinating. That's ok though.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 730, 731, 732, 733, 734, 735, 736 ... 867