The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 727, 728, 729, 730, 731, 732, 733 ... 868
Online now: Betonhaus, Bing (sucks), DukeofNuke, Google [Bot], iDaemon
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Oh, I like that one. :up:
dv
Lombo Opiofiend
ukimalefu posted:

TOO LATE !!!!
TOS
TOS
lord of the rings, the canadian cut

ukimalefu dysfunctional
one ring to rule them LOL :lol: :stoned:

Last edited by ukimalefu on Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:44 pm.

ukimalefu dysfunctional
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
That looks like something my friend Joe would have built when he was a kid.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Pithecanthropus posted:

After how many Cokes?
TOS
Séamas posted:
Pithecanthropus posted:

After how many lines of coke?

fixed
macnuke Afar
'Murica

now getting 400lb bubba or 450lb bubbette in the back should be a hoot.
dv
maurvir posted:

Quote:
Perhaps, when you were watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, you were wondered how they filmed the scene in the Great Lake, where Harry and other contestants were competing in the Second Task of the Triwizard Tournament. Well, it's time for you to learn how it all happened!

Apparently. the scene required quite a lot of preparation (after all, no one *really* had Gillyweed that'd let them breathe underwater). Daniel Radcliffe and other actors underwent a 6-month training program to make sure that they'd do everything safely and proficiently. The entire scene was filmed in a huge tank of water. Every few seconds, the assistants would come to Daniel and others to give them breathing apparatus'. Everyone had to be extremely attentive and careful following the director's instructions throughout the entire scene. Seaweed, merpeople, and everything else were all CGI, of course.

Come Christmas time, though, the cast added the trademark Rudolf's nose and antlers and sent this edited shot out as their Christmas card!

https://www.thethings.com/15-behind-the ... the-films/
TOS
i should probably watch those movies at some point
user Stupid cockwomble
The first one is cute. Don't bother with the rest.
user Stupid cockwomble

Chubbs the cat.
"Toy UFO taken off shelves for ‘teaching kids that Nazis achieved space travel’":

Quote:
The company said it agrees with the [Military History Museum of Dresden], adding that “it is in fact a legendary, extraordinary aircraft which cannot be proven in terms of its existence.”

"Unfortunately, our product description does not adequately express this and we apologize for it," Revell said in a statement. A spokeswoman emphasized that Revell explicitly distances itself from any kind of glorification of wars and the Nazi period.

Revell is currently looking into how a product of this nature was developed and brought onto the market. The development of a new product usually takes the manufacturer at least one year. Product managers are responsible for the development of models and toys and sometimes suggestions from fans are taken into consideration.

dv
Somebody watched Iron Sky one too many times.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
That's the flying saucer off the Wheels of Fire cover and a thousand Japanese video games! Now I know its origins.
TOS
TOS
ukimalefu dysfunctional
TOS posted:

There is some trickery in the photograph, as the hotend can’t extrude so far away from the print. Also, it looks like it’s using 100% infill. Wasteful AND slow!

;) :goth:
dv
Warin posted:
TOS posted:

There is some trickery in the photograph, as the hotend can’t extrude so far away from the print. Also, it looks like it’s using 100% infill. Wasteful AND slow!

;) :goth:

They just retracted the head between each layer and took the photo then. You can set up Octoprint to do that with a RaspPi and camera.
Yori Program
Tried my hand at making a Philly cheese steak tonight. It came out quite well. :)

dv posted:
They just retracted the head between each layer and took the photo then. You can set up Octoprint to do that with a RaspPi and camera.

Exactly! Trickery! Man, that print must have taken forever. I didn’t know that octopi could do that. Super cool.
TOS
TOS
TOS
TOS
TOS
user Stupid cockwomble
TOS
TOS
"what's it like outside?"

"bit windy"

TOS
TOS
get a few beers in her and watch her work

user Stupid cockwomble
made that indian hump the droid, didn't she?
Cabinet of noses on display in a museum in Denmark:

The noses on statues were the most vulnerable parts for breakage, so in the 19th century there were replacements made from marble or plaster and put into place because the value of even an ancient statue was in part based on its completeness.

Later starting in the 20th century curators wanted more authenticity so the fake noses were removed--hence this collection.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 727, 728, 729, 730, 731, 732, 733 ... 868