The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 719, 720, 721, 722, 723, 724, 725 ... 918
Online now: Majestic-12 [Bot], ukimalefu
sean Royal Wombat
maurvir posted:
we really don't deserve dogs.

No, we don't. They are too good for us lowly humans.
dv
dv
TOS
dv posted:

it's canada ... favoring one over the other would be rude!
TOS
playboy playmate judi monterey, 1963

maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
I absolutely love that first picture.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
TOS
"you done stick fiddled up now, son"

Yeah. The cold war sucked.

That said, the two best places to be were the sticks, outside of any major city, and right at ground zero. The first location should put you out of immediate harm's way. The second guaranteed you would be vaporized before you knew something was going on.

Anything in-between is going to involve a lot of radiation burns and likely a slow, agonizing death.
juice Inadvertently correct
I grew up close enough to SAC HQ that if the human waste should happen to hit the fan, we knew we were toast.
TOS
i lived not far from a nuclear submarine base and my house was on the flight path to the international airport ... so many nights i lay awake wondering if the next jet would be a soviet bomber

i would sometimes brace myself in my bed for the expected explosion

reagan really scared the crap out of me ... people forget how casually he talked about nuclear war
I was raised on NORAD bases. My dad assured me that we were probably the last target of a Soviet attack. I once asked him what the air defenses were where we lived. He laughed.
I grew up just down the road from the Pine Bluff Arsenal. A little known Army base where all of the US supply of biological and chemical agents were mass produced. (They were only designed at Ft. Detrick) I remember as a kid going out there for boy scout camporees and being warned to stay away from the igloos.

We didn't know it at the time, because that little detail was classified, but that base was a tier 1 target for the Soviets. Or, in other words, we would have been among the first group of Americans "raptured" by atomic weapons.

These days, the only thing the PB Arsenal produces are smoke munitions and marking grenades. All of the nasty stuff has been incinerated.
TOS
maurvir posted:
I grew up just down the road from the Pine Bluff Arsenal. A little known Army base where all of the US supply of biological and chemical agents were mass produced. (They were only designed at Ft. Detrick) I remember as a kid going out there for boy scout camporees and being warned to stay away from the igloos.

We didn't know it at the time, because that little detail was classified, but that base was a tier 1 target for the Soviets. Or, in other words, we would have been among the first group of Americans "raptured" by atomic weapons.

These days, the only thing the PB Arsenal produces are smoke munitions and marking grenades. All of the nasty stuff has been incinerated.

i hope they got all of the fev tanks
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Growing up on Long Island, I was 30 Miles east of NYC and surrounded by Grumman, Republic, and other defense contractors. I assume we would have not had a good day if we went into nuclear combat toe to toe with the Roosskies.
dv
That's a little too tacticool for me...
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
maurvir posted:

I want to see the picture from two seconds later when the dog is frantically trying to remove that annoyance from his head.
it will be a hit in the next comicon
Mustapha Mond Daring to be stupid
Paw Patrol cosplay?
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
Pithecanthropus posted:
/quote]
I want to see the picture from two seconds later when the dog is frantically trying to remove that annoyance from his head.

https://woof.doggles.com/
dv
ukimalefu posted:

That seems like a reasonable request.
TOS
Mustapha Mond posted:
Paw Patrol cosplay?

that goddam show is the bane of my goddam existence
Mustapha Mond Daring to be stupid
TOS posted:
Mustapha Mond posted:
Paw Patrol cosplay?

that goddam show is the bane of my goddam existence

There was a short-lived infatuation with it here, and now it's like in 5th place behind Elena of Avalor, Peppa Pig, Vampirina, and Doc McStuffins. I'm very grateful. Somehow Paw Patrol strikes me as uniquely vapid among kids shows.

and then Michio Kaku kicked both their asses.
jkahless Custom Title
Pithecanthropus posted:
Robert B. posted:
juice posted:
Stovetop percolator coffee reminds me of going to my grandfather's house as a kid.

Percolators are awesome! No better way to brew!

Taste is subjective, but from a coffee science standpoint, percolators totally suck.

Seriously, it's about the worst thing you can do to coffee. You're running the same boiling water through the grounds over and over and over until you're left with something that resembles coffee the way a strip mall resembles the Taj Mahal.

The percolator's detriments are too many to list, but they include horribly high temperatures, terrifying brewing time, hideous extraction rates and utter damnation of flavor.

If you want to send your beans to Hell, put them in a percolator.

While I understand the brew process and why peroclators suck, the best coffee in the world is made in one over a campfire. Ideally midwinter.

Muhammed Ali, scratching a bunch of 45s in a car.
TOS
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
TOS
thereifixedit.com
TOS
user Stupid cockwomble
that fallout scene looks so real
TOS
libertalia, chock full o' raiders
TOS
in case harvey weinstein's lawyer looked familiar ...

nMiAHpn.jpg
dv
TOS posted:
in case harvey weinstein's lawyer looked familiar ...

nMiAHpn.jpg

Oh wow. I hope he does as well this time.
TOS
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 719, 720, 721, 722, 723, 724, 725 ... 918