The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 718, 719, 720, 721, 722, 723, 724 ... 919
Online now: Google [Bot]
TOS
a fresh steamy pile of dog justice
TOS
remember to get out there and vote!

TOS
TOS
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
"One chord is fine. Two chords are pushing it. Three chords and you're into jazz." - Lou Reed
TOS
my grandparents thought spam was one of the basic food groups

i remember the first time i saw it ... damn thing slid out of the can, lubricated by gelatin, landing on the plat with a horrific smack

it was just so ... pink

thinking back now it's probably fair to just think of the stuff as luncheon meat
juice Inadvertently correct
I've heard Spam is the number one selling meat product worldwide.

I hope that isn't true.
dv
juice posted:
I've heard Spam is the number one selling meat product worldwide.

I hope that isn't true.

It's the number one canned meat product (so, basically, in a class by itself). In terms of mass sold/eaten, it's way behind things like "chicken wings."
I was referring to processed meat or packaged meat, not including items like wings or ground beef.

Bologna, hot dogs, other cold cuts, pepperoni, etc.
dv
juice posted:
I was referring to processed meat or packaged meat, not including items like wings or ground beef.

Bologna, hot dogs, other cold cuts, pepperoni, etc.

Well, they've sold "over 8 billion" cans since 1937, so that's 6 billion pounds (12oz per can) or 3 million tons. Over 81 years.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/econom ... rs-n451571

Quote:
Of the roughly 24 billion pounds of pork produced last year, roughly 60 percent was processed into products like bacon, sausage, according to the National Pork Producers Council. A little over one-quarter of total production was exported.

24B pounds = 12M tons * 0.6 = The US produced 7.2 million tons of processed pork products in 2014 alone.

So for Hormel to claim "most popular" it's gotta be a pretty narrow category.
Now you've got me curious. I'll have to do some investigation on this.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
ukimalefu posted:
"One chord is fine. Two chords are pushing it. Three chords and you're into jazz." - Lou Reed

Really, Lou? "Who Loves The Sun" has seven chords in it. "Take The A Train" has six.
TOS
Pithecanthropus posted:
ukimalefu posted:

Really, Lou? "Who Loves The Sun" has seven chords in it. "Take The A Train" has six.

he may not have been clean 'n' sober when he said that
user Stupid cockwomble
doo doo doo doo doo doo doo
And all the colored girls sing, "
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Pithecanthropus posted:
ukimalefu posted:

I do like a lot of Lou's Music. I also like a lot of Zappa's music.
Both of them strike me as competitors in the most sanctimonious asshats in rock.
The two of them hated each other I think for that reason. There can be only one.
Isn’t that Gene Simmons?
TOS posted:
my grandparents thought spam was one of the basic food groups

i remember the first time i saw it ... damn thing slid out of the can, lubricated by gelatin, landing on the plat with a horrific smack

it was just so ... pink

thinking back now it's probably fair to just think of the stuff as luncheon meat

I remember seeing a commercial for it on TV and told my mom I wanted to try it.

I couldn't finish the sandwich.
I thought it was the grossest meat thing imaginable--until I worked in a supermarket deli and had to slice Head Cheese for someone.
Even the sound it made as it sliced was disgusting.
juice posted:
Isn’t that Gene Simmons?

KISS doesn't rock.

There, I said it.
TOS
macnuke Afar
they could have filled with 1080ti's and it still would have been cheaper than the Novec
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
That's really not that new, though the fact they have it working as a table-top demo is a bit neat. It actually works really well, but the reason most people don't do it is that it has many of the problems of a small aquarium and all the problems of liquid cooling.
Séamas posted:
juice posted:
Isn’t that Gene Simmons?

KISS doesn't rock.

There, I said it.

7th grade me hates you.
maurvir posted:
That's really not that new, though the fact they have it working as a table-top demo is a bit neat. It actually works really well, but the reason most people don't do it is that it has many of the problems of a small aquarium and all the problems of liquid cooling.

Is that water boiling?
Pithecanthropus posted:
Séamas posted:
juice posted:
Isn’t that Gene Simmons?

KISS doesn't rock.

There, I said it.

7th grade me hates you.

I got only one KISS album ever in the 80s when they used no makeup.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lick_It_Up

My favorite song is not from that, it is Detroit Rock City.
God Of Thunder is less overplayed and is thus better.
juice posted:
maurvir posted:

Is that water boiling?

It's not water, it is a low viscosity, non-conductive oil.

Quote:
The signs of a graduation party are still left around the house of the Koscinski family.

Jacob graduated Saturday with the highest honors from a Christian-based home-schooling program. So, his mom ordered a cake.

"He did not know we were getting a cake because he's not a big cake eater. So we were all standing there waiting to see it and when we opened it, it was a huge shock to all of us," said Cara Koscinski.

She explained how she ordered the 3/4 inch sheet cake online through Publix.

But when she requested the bakery include Jacob's honor, she was alerted that profane or special characters weren't allowed. Cara clarified her request with special instructions.

"The website had censored me and this is a website that you can refer to for the Latin term for Summa ejaculate Laude which means highest honors," she said.

Cara said when her husband picked up the cake from Publix on Savannah Highway and Main Road, he didn't know the bakery omitted the middle Latin word. It was replaced with hyphens.

:facepalm: Seriously, the irony here is astounding.
Pithecanthropus posted:
Séamas posted:
juice posted:
Isn’t that Gene Simmons?

KISS doesn't rock.

There, I said it.

7th grade me hates you.

I think I had a brief interest of them when I was 10 or 11 (they had their Kiss meets the Phantom of the Amusement Park TV special). Not long after that I sort of associated them with the Bee Gees and bay City Rollers, etc.
Séamas posted:
Pithecanthropus posted:
Séamas posted:
juice posted:
Isn’t that Gene Simmons?

KISS doesn't rock.

There, I said it.

7th grade me hates you.

I think I had a brief interest of them when I was 10 or 11 (they had their Kiss meets the Phantom of the Amusement Park TV special). Not long after that I sort of associated them with the Bee Gees and bay City Rollers, etc.

OMG! My friend and I planned our week around that little number. I've seen parts of it since, and I can't believe how terrible it is. Peter Criss got replaced partway through by a black guy. Just truly godawful.
juice posted:
Isn’t that Gene Simmons?

Jean
TOS
maurvir posted:

Quote:
The signs of a graduation party are still left around the house of the Koscinski family.

Jacob graduated Saturday with the highest honors from a Christian-based home-schooling program. So, his mom ordered a cake.

"He did not know we were getting a cake because he's not a big cake eater. So we were all standing there waiting to see it and when we opened it, it was a huge shock to all of us," said Cara Koscinski.

She explained how she ordered the 3/4 inch sheet cake online through Publix.

But when she requested the bakery include Jacob's honor, she was alerted that profane or special characters weren't allowed. Cara clarified her request with special instructions.

"The website had censored me and this is a website that you can refer to for the Latin term for Summa ejaculate Laude which means highest honors," she said.

Cara said when her husband picked up the cake from Publix on Savannah Highway and Main Road, he didn't know the bakery omitted the middle Latin word. It was replaced with hyphens.

:facepalm: Seriously, the irony here is astounding.

maybe change it to "have a gay old time"
TOS
this pitbull is trained to protect owner's head in the event of a seizure

We may have created them, but we really don't deserve dogs.
maurvir posted:
We may have created them, but we really don't deserve dogs.

Well said.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Created them? Maybe current breeds, but my understanding is they adapted to our behavior first.
dv
Metacell posted:
Created them? Maybe current breeds, but my understanding is they adapted to our behavior first.

Both are kind of true.
dv posted:
Metacell posted:

Both are kind of true.

Yup - the initial domestication of wolves into dogs was largely on the dogs. However, once they became semi-domesticated, the rest was on us.
dv
maurvir posted:
dv posted:
Metacell posted:

Both are kind of true.

Yup - the initial domestication of wolves into dogs was largely on the dogs. However, once they became semi-domesticated, the rest was on us.

Well, that and we've adapted to dogs a bit too.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 718, 719, 720, 721, 722, 723, 724 ... 919