The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 710, 711, 712, 713, 714, 715, 716 ... 912
Online now: Google [Bot], j_tso, macaddict4life, maurvir
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway

whoever did that did not make it through the night
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
That is not a look of happiness.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
obvs posted:
That is not a look of happiness.

Nope, that's the look of "I will end you". :lol:
obvs posted:

Well that was subtle.
I remember my sister and me laughing our asses off as we were driving around and my mom didn't notice that there was anything unusual about that song as it played on the radio.
juice Inadvertently correct
All the boys and all the girls
juice posted:
All the boys and all the girls

As near as I can tell, she really wasn't kidding.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Wow...I like something by Brittney Spears. Is it coming out time?
couldn't stand watching that video, seriously, how could you? so I don't know what it is about.
But I think this kind on topic

Metacell posted:

you can come out as someone who likes britney, we accept people without brains as equal
I....don't like anything else she's ever done....so far. I swear it.
Metacell posted:
I....don't like anything else she's ever done....so far. I swear it.

the cool kids now like Taylor Swift... I'm told
ukimalefu posted:
Metacell posted:

you can come out as someone who likes britney, we accept people without brains as equal
Go all the way.

I listen to Britney Spears music when doing strenuous things. It's good exercise music.
No, it's still unlistenable synth-pop drum machine heavy muzak garbage, but the lyrics in the F.-.-.-.Me song are funny.
user Stupid cockwomble
obvs posted:
:shrug:

Don't feel bad. If I have a coming out party, it will be to Judas Priest', Eat Me Alive.
I was doing my usual scans of sites.

On SpaceWeather.com they featured this picture on Saturday, 4/28:

which is possible to be seen on the Moon for a few hours about 4 days before any Full Moon.

Do note: SpaceWeather.com changes nearly everyday, so eventually that picture will disappear from the front page.

The writer there mentioned that this mountain range can also be seen in "2001" during the sequence where the trans-lunar shuttle Aries (huh, I had forgotten that that ship had a name) is going to the Moon. So I had to find that online. As it happened you can see that mountain ridge in the very first shot in that video, although in "2001" the lunar phase a BIT more advanced that in the picture above.

Of course having the Blue Danube playing is always pleasant so I let that video play on.

But then I noticed something starting at the 1 minute mark: why does the Aries have to deploy her retracted landing gear?

I suppose that in terms of clean lines, having the smooth surface of the nearly spherical Aries--aside from her rear engine cluster--is a bonus, BUT for a trans-lunar shuttle that presumably never enters the Earth's atmosphere this does seem like a rather unnecessary feature.

I guess an argument could be made that the landing gear is retracted to help protect it from possible strikes from meteors or man-made space debris, but if that were a common problem in "2001" then that would also call for other changes like removing those big windows from the cockpit of the Aries.
macnuke Afar
so they didn't trip over any zip lines
TOS
dear god, the hair
TOS
Metacell posted:
obvs posted:

Don't feel bad. If I have a coming out party, it will be to Judas Priest', Eat Me Alive.

Vaginaattori:

Am i the only who's sensing some major gay vibes from the lyrics? My gaydar literally went haywire. Hadn't really noticed it before ;D. Not that it matters, halford's still the king. I've sensed these repressed gayish messages before on other priest songs. Maybe i've just got an overactive imagination, but i think i'm onto something ;D.

TOS
user Stupid cockwomble
photo of a dog with a breath-rite strip on his nose?
TOS
animated image of dog running like hell as soon as she's off the leash
maurvir posted:
Metacell posted:
obvs posted:

Vaginaattori:

Am i the only who's sensing some major gay vibes from the lyrics? My gaydar literally went haywire. Hadn't really noticed it before ;D. Not that it matters, halford's still the king. I've sensed these repressed gayish messages before on other priest songs. Maybe i've just got an overactive imagination, but i think i'm onto something ;D.

you don't say

but most people were surprised when he came out, I guess "gaydars" weren't so good/prevalent in the 80s.
user Stupid cockwomble
TOS posted:

it's not....seems like some people get these, i really don't know what gives with these files

they have an odd look to them - have you changed how you post gifs lately?
ukimalefu posted:
maurvir posted:
Metacell posted:
obvs posted:

Vaginaattori:

you don't say

but most people were surprised when he came out, I guess "gaydars" weren't so good/prevalent in the 80s.

Having lived through the 80's, I can attest that it was exceptionally difficult to know who was gay and who was just a hair band rocker. Men used more hair spray, got more perms, and wore more tights than women. At the same time, women were wearing suits, wearing mohawks or other male hairstyles, and generally looking more like men than women. Well, when they didn't look like Cocker Spaniels. It's actually kind of sad that the transgender movement didn't happen then, because transitioning would have been as simple as joining a band.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
ukimalefu posted:

Crocodile Rock!
TOS
user posted:
TOS posted:

it's not....seems like some people get these, i really don't know what gives with these files

they have an odd look to them - have you changed how you post gifs lately?

the original file was an .mp4 but i changed it to .gif
dv
ukimalefu posted:

This is what happens when you buy groceries at the Dollar Tree.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 710, 711, 712, 713, 714, 715, 716 ... 912