The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 700, 701, 702, 703, 704, 705, 706 ... 913
Online now: j_tso, Majestic-12 [Bot]
TOS
obvs posted:
TOS posted:
You made me snortlaugh.

myself as well!
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle

Quote:
MahaNakhon Tower is a luxury mixed-use skyscraper located in Bangkok, Thailand and was opened in late August 2016. Designed with a unique pixelated facade, it features the unconventional appearance of a glass curtain walled square tower with a cuboid-surfaced spiral cut into the side of the building. It has been recognized as the tallest building in Thailand at 314.2 m (1,031 ft), with 77 floors

TOS
that is extremely awesome
jkahless Custom Title
We are living in the future.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
TOS posted:

...until it transforms into a giant robot and starts obliterating the city, and then... the world!
TOS
ukimalefu posted:
TOS posted:

...until it transforms into a giant robot and starts obliterating the city, and then... the world!

yeah but on the upside: megan fox

Quote:
NEW YORK—This year's New York International Auto Show was rather busy when it came to new car reveals. It was the North American debut for Jaguar's exciting I-Pace and Hyundai's Kona Electric electric vehicles. It saw the world premieres of the new Toyota Corolla and Nissan Altima, both of which should sell in their hundreds of thousands. Not to mention the new Audi RS5 Sportback, which almost certainly won't. But unusually for an auto show, the one thing that wasn't thick on the ground was the concept car.

However, the few that we did see were all rather exciting, each in its own way. Most were thinly veiled production cars, stalking horses for models soon to arrive in the showroom, like Lincoln's Aviator. But the most jaw-dropping was a machine unlikely to ever go into production, the Genesis Essentia.

TOS
shocking headline: concept car impresses car show attendees, but no plans to put it into production
TOS posted:
shocking headline: concept car impresses car show attendees, but no plans to put it into production

What is impressive is that it shows how far Hyundai has come.
TOS
i love these gif remixes

TOS
juice Inadvertently correct
My son plays Steam on my 1,1. :shrug:
TOS
macnuke Afar
they be better off just stuffing letters in a missile and firing that.
DEyncourt posted:

it hit right between the windows

failed "postal drone"? that's what they say. Maybe it's really a very accurate weapon guidance system they were testing.
Mustapha Mond Daring to be stupid
TOS posted:

Such is my life.

Except this year the weather can't decide what's up, so this morning it's beautiful and warm and blue and green, and this weekend we're supposed to get 8 inches of snow.

It's beating the human waste out of me.
TOS
Mustapha Mond posted:
TOS posted:

Such is my life.

Except this year the weather can't decide what's up, so this morning it's beautiful and warm and blue and green, and this weekend we're supposed to get 8 inches of snow.

It's beating the human waste out of me.

it's beating the human waste out of all of us, brother

my kids and i stepped out of the house and into a freezing wind this morning and my first-grader son looked at the sky and wailed, "OH COME ON!!"
TOS
TOS posted:

The improvement is that now both are unrealistic male body standards, whereas before it was only the first picture.
ukimalefu posted:
DEyncourt posted:

failed "postal drone"? that's what they say. Maybe it's really a very accurate weapon guidance system they were testing.

Well, that depends on a lot of things.

If the intention was KILLING PEOPLE then running into a wall would not have been a good design. That drone (or at least the main body aside from the rotors) was small enough to fit through one of those windows, so conceivably some sort of a delayed fuse could have increased "yield".
OH, WAIT...I'm saying that with my "public voice"? Image
dv
DEyncourt posted:
ukimalefu posted:
DEyncourt posted:

Well, that depends on a lot of things.

If the intention was KILLING PEOPLE then running into a wall would not have been a good design. That drone (or at least the main body aside from the rotors) was small enough to fit through one of those windows, so conceivably some sort of a delayed fuse could have increased "yield".
OH, WAIT...I'm saying that with my "public voice"? Image

oldnews.jpeg

Watching cruise missiles enter a building via a closed window was Quality Entertainment for about two months in 1991.
TOS
when a forest eats too much taco bell

TOS
TOS
looks like a great neighbourhood

DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Quote:
Ticks rising
In a warming world, ticks thrive in more places than ever before, making Lyme disease the first epidemic of climate change
https://aeon.co/essays/how-lyme-disease ... ate-change

TOS posted:
when a forest eats too much taco bell

Cool, but not all that surprising, especially if this was a sick tree (though you can get tannic acid water pools in healthy trees as well). In this case, the tree filled up with water, which was infused with tannic acid, creating a reservoir which the lumberjack released.

There used to be a relatively famous tree in the park I camped in as a child that was well known for its tannic acid pool. It had originally been two trees, but the second trunk collapsed, leaving a gaping hole. Amazingly, rather than dying, the tree continued with its remaining trunk and a pool formed where the old trunk had been as the heartwood rotted away. It was probably 6-8 inches deep with stinky brown water like that. People believed it could be used to treat ailments.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Similar effect--or so I have heard--is when you cut into a tree that has a raccoon in there.
Maybe not as much liquid, but nasty.
jkahless Custom Title
I’m getting flashbacks to Fern Gully.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
I know it's a bit late, but I had to share this:
AprilFools.jpg
TOS
50 years since 2001 came out ... it's actually going to be released in a limited theatrical run next month

i might check it out if it's screening near me
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Oh I wish they would make a 3d version of that! I would even go to a Phish concert to score some acid! (I've seen it at the theater before).
Metacell posted:
Oh I wish they would make a 3d version of that! I would even go to a Phish concert to score some acid! (I've seen it at the theater before).

3D sounds like a good idea... if it could be done right. And they would also need to give it surround sound.

But wouldn't the acid solve those problems for you?

In my god forsaken country nobody ever had the... initiative, to screen old classic movies in a theater every now and then. The only thing I remember is once some Star Wars club arranged to show Episodes I through VI (all that existed back then) in one theatre, one day only.

More recently some theaters tried showing concerts and sports. Don't know if that worked for them but I never heard about it from anyone.

I'm surprised we still have movie theaters because of everything being expensive... but I digress...

2001, I like it, a lot, have seen it a few times, but I still think it's only for true sci-fi fans because it's loooong, and slooow...

science!

stay in school
Séamas Honorary Consul General
ukimalefu posted:

2001, I like it, a lot, have seen it a few times, but I still think it's only for true sci-fi fans because it's loooong, and slooow...

I'm not a science fiction fan--it is one of the few Sci Fi movies I like. It ids just plain beautiful to look at.

Funny thing about the pace of movies is the ones that bother me are the more contemporary super kinetic ones-the jittery Lego Movie nearly made me walk out. Fight scenes in actio movies --especially the superhero ones irritate me.
I'm the same way with music. Techno/EDM/Speedmetal, etc don't appeal to me at all.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 700, 701, 702, 703, 704, 705, 706 ... 913