The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 696, 697, 698, 699, 700, 701, 702 ... 912
Online now: Google [Bot], juice, Lombo, maurvir, mmaverick
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Séamas posted:
ukimalefu posted:
Séamas posted:
I can't make out what that is.

you don't see a tiger on the highway?

No--

I see it is a gif, I just see a still image, is it supposed to be a moving image?

yeah, it's a moving image
Séamas Honorary Consul General
user posted:

I think I was at that baby naming.

awkward
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
TOS posted:

Obviously created by someone who doesn't understand what that card actually symbolizes.

Still, it's funny.
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
Séamas posted:
ukimalefu posted:
Séamas posted:

No--

I see it is a gif, I just see a still image, is it supposed to be a moving image?
  1. Go to Account:Site Settings:Forum Display
  2. Check the .gifv videos should load instead of .gif files when possible box.
  3. Submit.

Dude.

No way.

That is really impressive.
dv
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
obvs posted:
Séamas posted:
ukimalefu posted:
Séamas posted:

No--

3. Submit.

Image HAH! I don't see that option. Oh. Image
TOS
DEyncourt posted:
obvs posted:
Séamas posted:
ukimalefu posted:
Séamas posted:

No--

3. Submit.

Do you have javascript enabled for the site?

Are you using the MacStack theme?
obvs posted:
DEyncourt posted:
obvs posted:
Séamas posted:
ukimalefu posted:
Séamas posted:

No--

3. Submit.

[snip]

Nah, I am using Firefox in which I have killed off JavaScript as dead as I possible could.
:shrug: I'll live with that consequence.
obvs posted:
Dude.

No way.

That is really impressive.

Absolutely.
BUT...I have to ask: there MUST be shots of someone eating that stormtrooper's codpiece. :lol:
DEyncourt posted:
obvs posted:
DEyncourt posted:
obvs posted:
Séamas posted:
ukimalefu posted:
Séamas posted:

No--

3. Submit.

[snip]

Nah, I am using Firefox in which I have killed off JavaScript as dead as I possible could.
You don't trust the javascript on this one site?

I mean it was almost all written by me and a lot of people here have been talking to me for almost 20 years.

And I enabled caching, so all javascript on this site will pretty much only be downloaded once and then cached.

And instead of taking 300ms to load a page it might take 500ms, but it adds *so much* functionality.

(Really. Javascript does not slow down this site appreciably.)

:shrug:
obvs posted:
DEyncourt posted:
obvs posted:
DEyncourt posted:
obvs posted:
Séamas posted:
ukimalefu posted:
Séamas posted:

No--

3. Submit.

[snip]

You don't trust the javascript on this one site?

I mean it was almost all written by me and a lot of people here have been talking to me for almost 20 years.

And I enabled caching, so all javascript on this site will pretty much only be downloaded once and then cached.

And instead of taking 300ms to load a page it might take 500ms, but it adds *so much* functionality.

(Really. Javascript does not slow down this site appreciably.)

:shrug:

My apologies for not being able to appreciate all your efforts that had gone into JavaScript for Macstack, but while I think most of us can trust that you will not do anything even just a little odd--much less suspicious--with JavaScript, the reason why I have gone to such efforts with JavaScript is that Firefox is my general browser. While there are some sites like YouTube which absolutely require JavaScript (and for which I will toss at Safari which does have JavaScript enabled), my preference is to decide on a case-by-case basis whether or not I want to trust some web page requiring JavaScript (and sometimes my answer is "nah").

Though maybe I should look at Macstack with my Safari.
That's fine. I did go through a lot of effort a long time ago to make sure that the site would degrade gracefully so that anyone could use it without javascript.

To be honest, though, I never expected anyone to use it that way.
obvs posted:
That's fine. I did go through a lot of effort a long time ago to make sure that the site would degrade gracefully so that anyone could use it without javascript.

To be honest, though, I never expected anyone to use it that way.

Well, it looks like all that work paid off! :up:
TOS
"degrade gracefully"

i'm picturing the site as a former movie star grinning in her wheelchair as the dementia slowly takes hold
Explosion which killed its maker so contaminated his apartment building complex that authorities decided to burn the buildings:

This aerial shot was taken from Google Maps and is pre-explosion (which was in unit 109).

Police and FBI are investigating and have requested for any leads from the public, though people who knew the bomb maker were completely puzzled upon learning about his death.
The amazing thing about that is that none of the other people in that building seem to mind having all their stuff burned to the ground. I'm still having a hard time with that one, unless the insurance payout is massive.
dv
maurvir posted:
The amazing thing about that is that none of the other people in that building seem to mind having all their stuff burned to the ground. I'm still having a hard time with that one, unless the insurance payout is massive.

Must have been some pretty nasty chemicals.
dv posted:
maurvir posted:

That, and we may see some post-explosion (though pre-fire) pics showing the extent of damage to the surrounding buildings. In the one shot that my linked article did show, one can only clearly see damage to 109.
dv
DEyncourt posted:
dv posted:
maurvir posted:

That, and we may see some post-explosion (though pre-fire) pics showing the extent of damage to the surrounding buildings. In the one shot that my linked article did show, one can only clearly see damage to 109.

Well, they're only burning down the 109 building, so...
dv posted:
DEyncourt posted:
dv posted:
maurvir posted:

Well, they're only burning down the 109 building, so...

Ah, apparently the linked article was updated with that explanation. My (wrong) impression was that they were burning down most of the numbered buildings inside the red circle in the pic.
TOS
"where's the dog?"

"oh i don't know, he was here a second ago. where's the dog?"

"where, oh where is the doggy?"

TOS
that's a spoiler
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Where's Thor and Spiderman?
i made this

it's supposed to be iphone x resolution, if anyone cares
dv
TOS
DukeofNuke posted:
Where's Thor and Spiderman?

spidey's right beside tony stark (to the right) while i believe thor is standing right behind spidey
dv
TOS
TOS
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 696, 697, 698, 699, 700, 701, 702 ... 912