The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 692, 693, 694, 695, 696, 697, 698 ... 913
Online now: Google [Bot]
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
user Stupid cockwomble
whiskey on your breath all morning....
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
user posted:
"Self diagnosed asburgers"?
Like I said, that user is attempting to parody.
TOS
this one is not a parody (a university just outside toronto):

dv
TOS posted:

...and? Seems pretty on-target to me. Explains what it means, gives some examples.

Although "unearned social power" apparently just means "racist bigots will willingly associate with you and/or engage in business deals" so I'm not sure how lucky I feel, even if that is a pretty lucrative market.
TOS
dv posted:
TOS posted:

...and? Seems pretty on-target to me. Explains what it means, gives some examples.

Although "unearned social power" apparently just means "racist bigots will willingly associate with you and/or engage in business deals" so I'm not sure how lucky I feel, even if that is a pretty lucrative market.

i'm sorry but i'm a huge believer in social justice but to turn it into a scorecard of victimhood is absurd and will fix nothing
user Stupid cockwomble
dv
TOS posted:
dv posted:
TOS posted:

i'm sorry but i'm a huge believer in social justice but to turn it into a scorecard of victimhood is absurd and will fix nothing

Well, yeah, it's a bit reductive I suppose.

Still, before one gets all grumpy about "those people" and how they need to _____ to solve their problems, one should remember that not everybody starts from the same place.
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
TOS posted:
dv posted:
TOS posted:

I really didn't see that one as any more cringey than most other billboards.
TOS
TOS
TOS
dv
TOS posted:

I miss that show.
TOS
Pariah Know Your Enemy
TOS posted:
dv posted:
TOS posted:

I do try to keep up but I have no idea what cisgender means.
Yori Program
Opposite of transgender.
Brian May playing with Tony Iommi. You can't get any more rockstar than that, so I'm gonna get myself some plastic sandals and wear them with socks, and don't you dare calling it "hipster fashion".

maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Pariah posted:
I do try to keep up but I have no idea what cisgender means.

Don't feel bad - it's all a mess. If you aren't actively involved in one of these communities, and most people aren't, it turns into a word salad fast.

However, here is a primer:
Homo, as a prefix, comes from the Greek word homos, or "same". (this gets confusing because it can also mean "man")
Hetero comes from the Greek word heteros, or "other, different"
Cis is actually a latin prefix meaning "on this side of"
Trans is also Latin, and means "across"

When used in this context, homo/hetero is tied to "sexual", which is bad in several ways (it mixes language roots and isn't very descriptive anyway). Similarly, Cis and Trans are tied to gender, and suffers from the same problems. That said, cisgender means "on the side of" + "your birth gender", while transgender means "across from" + "your birth gender"

Notably, all of these usages assume a binary gender model. If you don't subscribe to that model, or are demonstrably outside of it, all of these terms are as useless as teats on a rain barrel. Unfortunately, the English language, even augmented with Greek and Latin, fails horribly at describing things.
The 1977 Pontiac Trans Am Type K concept

dv
ukimalefu posted:
The 1977 Pontiac Trans Am Type K concept

I'd totally buy a modern version of that.

If only Toyota had built the Dodge Magnum...

Side note: Everything in the film from equipment, systems, procedures, etc., save for the Russian "doomsday device", was known to be entirely real and operational at the time of filming. Much of it still exists, and additionally, we now know that there was actually a real Russian "doomsday device" that the US did not know about at the time as well.

Thus, the movie would be more accurately described as a "docudrama"
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Great movie, one of my all time favorites. Just about every scene and character has some sort of sexual innuendo.
TOS
user Stupid cockwomble
TOS
i didn't realize babe ruth was amish
juice Inadvertently correct
The illustration to "A Modest Proposal"?
ukimalefu posted:
engineering!

Not unless those pipes are decorative only, and there is some plastic tubing in there. Otherwise, ew. :sick:
pipes could be clean...

or you could replicate the contraption with plastic tubing i guess
dv
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Well, if you're gonna drink that swill, you're gonna have to mix it with Coke or something just as nasty. I don't think you'll be able to tell if it's poured through a lead pipe ...
macnuke Afar
DukeofNuke posted:
Well, if you're gonna drink that swill, you're gonna have to mix it with Coke or something just as nasty. I don't think you'll be able to tell if it's poured through a sewer pipe ...

Ftfy Duke
Séamas Honorary Consul General
TOS posted:

Babe-raham Lincoln.
user Stupid cockwomble
Séamas posted:
TOS posted:

Babe-raham Lincoln.

explanation

Those guys were popular enough at the time that Major League teams would play them wearing fake beards.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
macnuke posted:
DukeofNuke posted:
Well, if you're gonna drink that swill, you're gonna have to mix it with Coke or something just as nasty. I don't think you'll be able to tell if it's poured through a sewer pipe ...

Ftfy Duke

:up:
I just added the eyes

Hyundai’s Le Fil Rouge concept

some people don't like the grill

https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/6/17085 ... -show-2018
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 692, 693, 694, 695, 696, 697, 698 ... 913