The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 684, 685, 686, 687, 688, 689, 690 ... 912
Online now: Google [Bot], ukimalefu
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
If I still had a slot loader drive, or ancient floppy drive, that would be awesome to buid.
dv
maurvir posted:
If I still had a slot loader drive, or ancient floppy drive, that would be awesome to buid.

Yeah, but do you need an external optical? That's almost like a double-anachronism.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
dv posted:
maurvir posted:

Yeah, but do you need an external optical? That's almost like a double-anachronism.

even if you don't buy them anymore, don't you have a bunch of CDs, DVDs, and blurays stored somewhere? some of those may not be available on your hard drives or for download/stream. You might want to use them sometime.

I'd like one of those things. I'd like to hack an iPad mini into an e-mate case. I'd love to put a mac mini inside an apple //c case. Probably never will, but I'd love to.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
dv posted:
maurvir posted:

Exactly, that makes it twice as awesome! :D
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
Except it was all faked by the Illuminati and Majestic 12, but you're all just too vaccinated to see it!!
juice Inadvertently correct
Pithecanthropus posted:
Except it was all faked by the Illuminati and Majestic 12, but you're all just too vaccinated to see it!!

Don't forget the chemtrails
juice posted:
Pithecanthropus posted:

and the dihydrogen monoxide they put in your water
Why we can't have nice things, part #8,432,876,843:

A driver of a semi went off-roading across the Nazca Lines, driving between 50 and 100 meters before stopping.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
j_tso posted:
Lambo Miura

(first?) mid engine production car before Ferrari made one.

Ugh, you're right. Logo fail... :(
sturner Ancient Soldier
TOS posted:
this one's for "fulda gap" sturner

Yes, fun and games! Black Horse Regiment (11th Armored Cavalry Regiment) had nightmares about that.
:D
sturner Ancient Soldier
ukimalefu posted:

I had two of those.”!

that would work on me, I'd buy them :heh: Image
ukimalefu posted:

reminds me years ago on my macbook. i used to use bunch of custom icon art to decorate my desktops
I knew I had some ancient screengrabs of those!

ha! those are cool

I got high octane fuel and a leaded foot for you if you know what I mean Image
sean Royal Wombat
ukimalefu posted:

I mean... yeah... that works.
juice Inadvertently correct
sean posted:
ukimalefu posted:

I mean... yeah... that works.

Technically correct. The best kind.
TOS
DEyncourt posted:
Why we can't have nice things, part #8,432,876,843:

A driver of a semi went off-roading across the Nazca Lines, driving between 50 and 100 meters before stopping.

those lines survived the centuries, only to to truly face risk in the age of stoopid
user Stupid cockwomble
Seinfeld had one
What the bands were paid at Woodstock 1969

Pithecanthropus Roast Master
juice posted:
Pithecanthropus posted:

They use the chemtrails to hide the edge of the world.
ukimalefu posted:
What the bands were paid at Woodstock 1969

Sure, but one estimate for the price of an average house in the US in 1969 was $16 K.

For whatever reasons--possibly the huge disparity between individual (overly inflated?) markets--I could not find an equivalent estimate for 2018 US houses. Some numbers I saw ranged from $200 K to over $1 M (for San Francisco).
dv
DEyncourt posted:
For whatever reasons--possibly the huge disparity between individual (overly inflated?) markets--I could not find an equivalent estimate for 2018 US houses. Some numbers I saw ranged from $200 K to over $1 M (for San Francisco).

Capture.PNG
dv posted:
DEyncourt posted:

Capture.PNG

Living in LA I scoff at that $248 K. That's not even an entry price to a condo, but LA housing prices have been over-inflated since at least 1980.
dv
DEyncourt posted:
dv posted:
DEyncourt posted:

Capture.PNG

Living in LA I scoff at that $248 K. That's not even an entry price to a condo, but LA housing prices have been over-inflated since at least 1980.

Sure, but you said:

Quote:
Sure, but one estimate for the price of an average house in the US in 1969 was $16 K.

So, nationwide. (Difference between median and average notwithstanding.)

Congratulations on living in one of the country's more expensive housing markets, I guess?
dv posted:
DEyncourt posted:
dv posted:
DEyncourt posted:

Capture.PNG

Sure, but you said:

Quote:

Congratulations on living in one of the country's more expensive housing markets, I guess?

And so your purpose for posting that reply? It wasn't as if I hadn't given any explanation for the differences between the US housing markets of 1969 and 2018.
dv
DEyncourt posted:
dv posted:
DEyncourt posted:
dv posted:
DEyncourt posted:

Capture.PNG

Sure, but you said:

Quote:

And so your purpose for posting that reply? It wasn't as if I hadn't given any explanation for the differences between the US housing markets of 1969 and 2018.

You seem unwilling to believe the numbers. As the saying goes, "They don't think it be like it is but it do."

I also object to your insinuation that a post - any post - needs a "purpose." :p
Séamas Honorary Consul General
dv posted:
As the saying goes, "They don't think it be like it is but it do."

Thank you for the tribute to the recently departed Oscar Gamble.
dv
Séamas posted:
dv posted:
As the saying goes, "They don't think it be like it is but it do."

Thank you for the tribute to the recently departed Oscar Gamble.

Holy crap, I had no idea. RIP, dude.
TOS
ukimalefu posted:

oh how i craved one of those, it seemed so awesome to me

i later heard they were terrible, performance-wise
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I never did "get it". If you wanted to use a monitor and keyboard with your laptop, just plug in a couple of wires ... no need for expensive, complicated hardware.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 684, 685, 686, 687, 688, 689, 690 ... 912