The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 680, 681, 682, 683, 684, 685, 686 ... 913
Online now: Bing (sucks)
:lol:

We get used games from head office all the time in generic cases. Our manager refuses to stock them since he feels it makes the store look a little trashy. If we got one like this, I almost think he would keep it for the lulz.

That one looks like some bored employees had a go at making a generic case look better.
TOS
they make the store look trashy? but not wall after wall of stupid bobbleheads?
dv
TOS posted:

You say trashy, they say gamer chic.
dv posted:
TOS posted:

You say trashy, they say gamer chic.

And more profitability per unit than most games. The days of a game only gaming shop are gone. It is adapt or die.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Sure that's Boris Vallejo?

I don't see any giant breasts.
this is a thing that really exists?

I'd love to try that
TOS
ay, papi, it's the real thing
just so you know

Séamas Honorary Consul General
My neighborhood needs a couple of those.

I know of three stop signs that are frequently ignored--often by teachers on their way to the elementary school around the corner from us.
Awesome drivers can do high speed rolling stops.
dv
I will admit to doing rolling stops when I don't see other traffic around and don't want to risk getting stuck in the snow. (When driving on a skating rink, momentum is your best friend and worst enemy.) But when kids are around or something? fiddlesticks no.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
dv posted:
I will admit to doing rolling stops when I don't see other traffic around and don't want to risk getting stuck in the snow. (When driving on a skating rink, momentum is your best friend and worst enemy.) But when kids are around or something? fiddlesticks no.

What is this snow you speak of.

The thing I see here all the time is people waiting to turn left sitting out in the middle of the intersection waiting for traffic to clear. Drives me insane.
dv
arkayn posted:
dv posted:

What is this snow you speak of.

The thing I see here all the time is people waiting to turn left sitting out in the middle of the intersection waiting for traffic to clear. Drives me insane.

When I did Driver's Ed as a kid, that was recommended practice. (Enter the intersection and you are legally required to complete your turn after the light turns red. Do not turn your wheels to the left until you are ready to turn.)
Yori Program
ukimalefu posted:
this is a thing that really exists?

I'd love to try that

On a similar note, one of our local chip shops does a deep-fried battered Oreo. We tried them tonight and they're amazing. :D
TOS
TOS
TOS
TOS
sean Royal Wombat
dv posted:

^ this. If there is snow on the ground, and no other cars in sight in any direction, stop signs and back road red lights become optional. Getting stuck is no fun.
TOS
mathematically delicious

ok, that's cool
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
juice Inadvertently correct
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle

This is why you can't buy a high-end graphics card anywhere close to MSRP right now unless you get really lucky.
dv
maurvir posted:

This is why you can't buy a high-end graphics card anywhere close to MSRP right now unless you get really lucky.

Yup. It's nucking futz.

I'd been replacing my GPU every ~2 years (sometimes more often) for over a decade, but my 3-year-old GTX 970 is only "old" in calendar years - it's only a single generation behind, and anything I can get today for the same $330 I spent on the 970 is actually slower than the 970.
user Stupid cockwomble
::waits for the insertable version::
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
dv posted:
maurvir posted:

Yup. It's nucking futz.

I'd been replacing my GPU every ~2 years (sometimes more often) for over a decade, but my 3-year-old GTX 970 is only "old" in calendar years - it's only a single generation behind, and anything I can get today for the same $330 I spent on the 970 is actually slower than the 970.

I bought a second GTX-1070 in mid-October. I paid $390

The cheapest 1070 now cost $780. The same card, being sold by another seller is $1,040.
dv
arkayn posted:
dv posted:
maurvir posted:

Yup. It's nucking futz.

I bought a second GTX-1070 in mid-October. I paid $390

The cheapest 1070 now cost $780. The same card, being sold by another seller is $1,040.

I was hesitant to replace my 970 with a 1070 event when they were "only" around $400. It didn't seem like much of an upgrade at that price, let alone double or triple.
maurvir posted:

Yeah the current generation HBM Radeon cards are going for 4 times the MSRP I paid for my last generation a couple years ago (I paid 650 and the new gen cards are going for 2k+).
Now I feel like I should be trying to sell my 1060...
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
user posted:
Looks like that version's insertable.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
dv posted:

I was hesitant to replace my 970 with a 1070 event when they were "only" around $400. It didn't seem like much of an upgrade at that price, let alone double or triple.

The first 1070 replaced a 960 and it was a very significant upgrade.
dv
arkayn posted:
dv posted:

The first 1070 replaced a 960 and it was a very significant upgrade.

https://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1731?vs=1744

vs.

https://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1731?vs=1743

Yeah, it's basically 2x as fast as what I have, but it doesn't really let me do anything I can't already do. Generally speaking, I get excited at 3-4x.

I upgraded to the 970 from a 660:

https://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1778?vs=1743

Hell, for strategy games, I can even run at 4k resolution and the 970 is fine.
user Stupid cockwomble
obvs posted:
user posted:

harsh trade
dv
user posted:
obvs posted:
user posted:

harsh trade

Anything's a dildo if you're brave enough.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
ukimalefu posted:

At first glance? :lol:

Then I realized that mighty Thor could pull that off without fear of anyone laughing.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 680, 681, 682, 683, 684, 685, 686 ... 913