The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 676, 677, 678, 679, 680, 681, 682 ... 913
Online now: Google [Bot], j_tso
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
juice Inadvertently correct
Those Beetles must have had more torque than I thought.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
If you were a beetle being chased by a mastodon, you'd get your ass in gear, too!
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
DEyncourt posted:
"Terrifying explosion demonstrates great examples of of stabilization technologies":

which shows the tank that was ejected from the explosion heading to close to where the videographer was standing.

Unclear where or when this explosion took place (except sometime during or before November 2017).

Proof that with sufficient thrust, anything can fly.
obvs posted:
DEyncourt posted:
Interior designers argue for putting books on shelves with spines inward:

'Cause you wouldn't want anything actually USEFUL like the books' titles to show, right?

Heck, why stop there? What is with that STUPID picture in that frame on the top shelf, a wedding picture? Wouldn't it have been more "neutral" just leave the picture out and have the frame display its plain white backing?

I really do mean this seriously, but wasn't this just a test to show how far some people are willing to go? Please?
I think Lauren has some kind of mental disorder.

You could've fooled me. I thought they stacked a bunch of different kindling wood on the shelf. Than I read it was books, WTF.
TOS
you know this is going to become a thing, right? six months from now pinterest will be plastered with this
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
NO, this is so wrong.
You go to goodwill and fleamarkets and yard sales and look for books whose covers match your color scheme ...
books as decoration isn't really a new thing

for example, if you ever see a bookshelf like this in a house, the people who live there don't really read

bookshelves of people that read look more like this

And finding your books is not the only reason to put them the right way, you also want people to see what books you have.
dv
ukimalefu posted:

Aww, man, I remember KB Toys. That was the human waste.
Photo-essay: pictures of sometimes solitary Japanese vending machines in odd locations:

Do note: these are NOT cases where the photographer deliberately placed a vending machine in these locations as an art project, but merely "found objects".
"Banner Ladies: The Human Billboards of Yesteryear":

This reached a level of popularity in the US during the 1870's. It might have been initially inspired by famous theater actresses merely holding up or "using" some product, but then other photographers began to hire young women to be dressed in costumes featuring particular items for sale.

I THINK the woman on the right is displaying a variety of light fixtures.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Headline:
"Pretzel Lady killed by attack of flock of wild pigeons"
TOS
DEyncourt posted:
Photo-essay: pictures of sometimes solitary Japanese vending machines in odd locations:

Do note: these are NOT cases where the photographer deliberately placed a vending machine in these locations as an art project, but merely "found objects".

riiiiiiight
TOS
DEyncourt posted:
RE: supermoons--how about NEXT month? In January 2018 not only will there be TWO full Moons (so the second is a so-called "blue moon") but both might be classified as supermoons:

Full at 2:24 UT on January 2nd, perigee at 21:56 UT on January 1st, so separated by only 2.5 hours.

Full at 13:26 UT on January 31st, perigee at 9:55 UT on January 30th, so separated by 27.8 hours.

I suppose that some people will quibble about the latter being separated by more than 24 hours.

BTW: as a consequence of that late blue moon, there will be no full moon during February 2018 AND another blue moon in March 2018 (full on March 2nd and 31st, though neither will be close to the Moon's perigee date of March 26th).

I hadn't realized this at the time I posted the above, but that January blue moon will also have a lunar eclipse. Not so good for folks in the Western Hemisphere because for most the maximum will happen during daytime:

and even for folks in the western parts of the US and Canada the maximum will happen during those hours approaching dawn.

Eastern Asia and Australia and New Zealand should get a good show during an earlier part of the night (though I THINK for New Zealand the full Moon/maximum lunar eclipse happens on February 1st, so technically not a blue moon eclipse at least for folks living there).
TOS posted:
DEyncourt posted:

riiiiiiight

:shrug:

You would have to explain this then:

Sure, it is not inconceivable that someone MIGHT go to the effort and long-range planning of setting up a vending machine somewhere just so he could get a picture of it standing relatively pristine in the snow months later.

But that photographer has dozens of examples with many different models of vending machines. Not just in terms of their contents but the entire layout of these machines.

AND we are talking about Japan.
Who got hurt more the jockey or the mount?
3 rocks

The weirdest thing in that picture is the blackberry. Pic must be old.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
TOS posted:
DEyncourt posted:

riiiiiiight

You are incorrect in doubting Zen sense of humor.
Apple OSX Developer Preview 1 and OPENSTEP 4.2

And that, boys and girls, is why you don't tailgate other drivers. :facepalm:

Crappucino anyone?
TOS
greetings from the future

user Stupid cockwomble
maurvir posted:
Crappucino anyone?

TOS
Interactive map showing the locations of all "Quantum Leaps".

Click on an icon (which differ by season) to get an episode description.
Donkey Butter jerk face
City Skyline 012.jpg
TOS
ukimalefu posted:

lol
TOS
Donkey Butter posted:
City Skyline 012.jpg

home sweet home

Donkey Butter jerk face
did you actually go out on the ice?

When I went down there, there were a couple other photographers out on the ice and you could here it creaking under their feet.

(I shot from the shore)
Donkey Butter jerk face
frozen lake 005-Pano-2.jpg
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 676, 677, 678, 679, 680, 681, 682 ... 913