The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 669, 670, 671, 672, 673, 674, 675 ... 913
Online now: Google [Bot]
How about Magic Desk. It sounds to a newer generation that it might've been one of the first 'insert occupation' simulators games around i.e. working as an office assistant/clerk but it was actually one of the first actual desktop environments at the time.
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
dv posted:
Mustapha Mond posted:
I like the design of that page.

There's... so much text. It's almost like facts matter.
They were so silly back then!
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Completely transistorized.
China launches the first all-electric cargo ship:

It takes about 2 hours to recharge all its battery cells which is about the time it takes to unload its cargo which rather ironically will be coal.
TOS
ukimalefu posted:

i know other ways to get cream into conditioner
huh, look at this post from 2014

Kirk posted:

DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I don't think that's right.
They'll split the social networks and video providers into different levels, so if you want Facebook and Twitter, or Netflix and Hulu, you have to buy more plans at higher cost.
Yori Program
This is the employees' Xmas present I got from work today. :)

dv
That's pretty comprehensive. Somebody likes you. Hopefully Jem (Jen? My brain is fiddlesticks today) doesn't get jealous.
Yori Program
Jem's happy enough. She can eat some of the things. She doesn't like nuts or dried fruit so some of the biscuits, the mince pies, the panettone and the chocolate brazils are all mine. :D
dv
I got a knit hat that says "DELL EMC" on it. So yay.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
dv posted:
My employer told me they weren't going to furlough me after initially telling me they were going to furlough me for two weeks during the holidays.

So now not only do I not get two weeks off that I thought I was going to have, but now I just get two unpaid days off for Christmas and another unpaid day off or two for New Years instead of the 10 days unpaid that I was expecting to have.

So my oh-so-magnanimous employer can go fiddlesticks themselves.

:2up:
dv
obvs posted:
dv posted:
My employer told me they weren't going to furlough me after initially telling me they were going to furlough me for two weeks during the holidays.

So my employer can go fiddlesticks themselves.

We're closed for the week. Manager said to check email because China and India are working, but we'll be exactly as responsive during my holiday break as they are during theirs. (Which is to say, only a little.)

We've had it blocked off on the calendar since the 2017 calendar came out in December of last year.

Big faceless corporate bureaucracies ftmfw.
user Stupid cockwomble
Yeah, I got 3 extra days off (for a full week) that I have to burn through my PTO on if I don't want a short check at the end of the year.
obvs posted:
dv posted:

So now not only do I not get two weeks off that I thought I was going to have, but now I just get two unpaid days off for Christmas and another unpaid day off or two for New Years instead of the 10 days unpaid that I was expecting to have.

You don't get paid holidays??
Mustapha Mond Daring to be stupid
Every year we get to vote on how we'd like to be screwed on vacation time for next year. The tradeoff is always between a short Xmas break and only a few pre-service/PD days and a long Xmas break and endless pre-service/PD days. I voted for two weeks of Xmas break for next year. Fingers crossed!
user Stupid cockwomble
you getz a vote?

amazing
MacAddict4Life posted:
obvs posted:
dv posted:

You don't get paid holidays??
Or any other kind of PTO, either.

I had never heard of such a thing until after I started this position.

Unfortunately, this is the best-paying job I've ever had(and by a good margin), so it's put me in a major bind. I know the job is unsustainable because I'm borderline breaking from not having taken a single day off in seven months, and I've gotten sick three times during that time(when I average about once per year). I've gotten to the point where I just don't care at all. And I am doing my best to get out ASAP.

It's a *great* place to be in.
I learned today that I know more about the labor law in Taiwan than our principal.

The upside: She listened, and the office staff are not losing the 3 days she thought the parent company would object to them getting. Instead they can take them then or a different week, but SOMEONE needs to be in the office so they can't all choose the same. It helps when the English page for the Ministry of Labor makes things clearer and easier to find than the Chinese page!
Yori Program
My contract ends on the 22nd so I have the whole Xmas/new year period off. :P
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I get the 25th and the 1st off.
That's it.
at least it'll be 3 day weekends
Yori Program
You don't even get Boxing Day off?

someone needs a new passport

4 8 15 16 23 42
Did they not know that NCC-1701 and NCC-1701-A were different ships?
dv
obvs posted:

Or that the extensively refit and heavily modified 1701 was the "Movie" enterprise for Star Trek 1-3? They rebadged some other ship as 1701-A after Kirk & Co. saved the Earth in STIV. It's like nobody actually watched the damn movies.

Or that it doesn't really stick fiddling matter because it all comes down to an artist's taste?
user posted:
you getz a vote?

amazing

The superintendent puts together a committee of staff and parents, and then the committee presents us with options, and staff and parents vote on the options. It's a good deal. My only complaint is that each year the superintendent adds more professional development days just to be a dick and show that he can make us show up. Could be much worse, I admit.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
Being a junior engineer, there is a pretty good chance I’ll be forced to work a yard job over the holidays. Meaning I’ll end up spending christmas, Christmas Eve, Boxing Day and new years either at work, or in a hotel several hours from home :/
dv
dv
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I guess the point is,
All the DO's and DONT'S make sense for any website?
dv posted:
obvs posted:

Or that the extensively refit and heavily modified 1701 was the "Movie" enterprise for Star Trek 1-3? They rebadged some other ship as 1701-A after Kirk & Co. saved the Earth in STIV. It's like nobody actually watched the damn movies.

Or that it doesn't really stick fiddling matter because it all comes down to an artist's taste?

I read somewhere the model maker for the Trek movies hated the refit design and was glad to blow it up in STIII, only to be disappointed they continued with it.
DukeofNuke posted:
I guess the point is,
All the DO's and DONT'S make sense for any website?
Except the contrasting colors part. In one area they say do, and in another area they say don't.

I say do. Please, for the love of God, DO.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 669, 670, 671, 672, 673, 674, 675 ... 913