The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 665, 666, 667, 668, 669, 670, 671 ... 913
Online now: Bing (sucks), juice
dv
20621833_1827150837589977_8128027515985620427_n.jpg
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Perhaps you have seen this or other images of this futuristic library that just opened in Tianjin, China?

Sure, quite a marvel to look at but MY very first thought was "how do people get to those books on those upper shelves?" I tried to imagine that the upper levels was something of the inverse of those lower shelves seen here so that people could reach them from the other side that isn't visible from this view (although the weight-bearing problem of so many people quickly quashed that idea). Or perhaps there were special movable lifts like these that only the librarians could use to reach those books.

It turns out that they don't have to because those shelves are just aluminum panels with book spines painted on them. In fact most of the books in this library are in other rooms aside from this entrance room which look much more like a standard library.

There is also a problem with those white-on-white stairs which have irregularly sized steps. They are such that people have had problems using them. Especially prone has been anyone who is distracted from where they are walking by reading something.

Last edited by DEyncourt on Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:06 pm.

dv
DEyncourt posted:
Perhaps you have seen this or other images of this futuristic library that just opened in Tianjin, China?

Sure, quite a marvel to look at but MY very first thought was "how do people get to those books on those upper shelves?" I tried to imagine that the upper levels was something of the inverse of those lower shelves seen here so that people could reach them from the other side that isn't visible from this view. Or perhaps there were special movable lifts like these that only the librarians could use to reach those books.

It turns out that they don't have to because those shelves are just aluminum panels with book spines painted on them. In fact most of the books in this library are in other rooms aside from this entrance room which look much more like a standard library.

There is also a problem with those white-on-white stairs which have irregularly sized steps. They are such that people have had problems using them. Especially prone has been anyone who is distracted from where they are walking by reading something.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... mpractical
dv
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
user Stupid cockwomble
ukimalefu posted:

Galorious!
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
user Stupid cockwomble
"He's gonna POP!"
Salt and Potato
ukimalefu posted:
Salt and Potato

because the probably made out of corn like everything else is nowadays
Séamas Honorary Consul General
maurvir posted:

It should have another sculpture next to it of a Pope giving money to the child's parents under a table.
Father why does that man have ridges on his penis?
dv
maurvir posted:

Something something Magua something something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STA0u6kQB4w
obvs posted:

Notches for lives shattered?
dv
macnuke Afar
first to get a purple heart while guarding a tomb stateside?
jkahless Custom Title
macnuke posted:
first to get a purple heart while guarding a tomb stateside?

It happens.

https://www.google.ca/amp/nationalpost. ... -loose/amp
A 75-year old Groucho Marx dancing with Diana Ross at a party in Bel-Air

ducks are gonna eat a turkey, think about that

happy thanksgiving
TOS
obvs posted:

"for her pleasure"
TOS
dv
23844637_1523653131005066_3896354810362686771_n.jpg
That's awesome.
explanation not needed, I like turkey

but I want to see that Lord Gobble movie. I hope it's claymation.
Thank God it was a turkey and not a rooster. :eek:
TOS
happy thanksgiving, all you fun uncles

obvs posted:
[snip of cans of PRONGLES on store shelf]

Very odd. Earlier today I got an e-mail supposedly from Cards Against Humanity with the text of:
Quote:
Dear horrible friends,

You’ve been with us since the beginning, and today we’re excited to share some important news regarding the future of our company.

We’ve done some soul searching and decided that it’s time to bring our hit party game, Cards Against Humanity, to an end.

We’re quitting the gaming industry to focus on our real passion: revolutionizing snack food with our new brand, Original Prongles.

Prongles are available today at OriginalProngles.com and at retailers nationwide, including Target. When you crunch into one of these bad boys, available in both Salt & Potato and Onions & Cream flavors, you’ll go HOG WILD!

Once you pop, THAT’S GREAT!

- The Prongles Corporation (formerly Cards Against Humanity)

Our mailing address is:
Prongles
1917 N. Elston Ave
Chicago, IL 60642

[links omitted]

On the other hand that mail came from mail@cardsagainsthumanity.com THROUGH mail240.wdc02.mcdlv.net. The latter is a Mail Chimp address so who knows who is responsible.

There is a link which is https://cardsagainsthumanity.us2.list-m ... k/click?u=<a bunch of stuff which I suspect would personally ID my mail account>

Maybe I will be getting an apology later?
TOS
this perfectly encapsulates how i view dogs

macnuke Afar
that dog is almost.... but not quite as vicious as mine are.
DEyncourt posted:
Library in Tianjin

A smaller, more practical version:

Beth Mole:
Compared to the other muffins, the cricket muffins stood out as not being food.
The cricket muffins, to me, were inedible. The powder smells and tastes exactly like crickets—go figure. And baking doesn’t make that go away. If you’re having trouble conjuring cricket flavor in your mind, it’s like an earthy, bitter dirt flavor with a hint of “wrong.” The muffin batter does its best to mask that horror, but it’s still there. Behind the pleasant clove and nutmeg notes, the icky basement insect notes lurk. And worse, they stay in your mouth to haunt you until you eat real food. And whatever you do, don't burp. It... yeah, I just can't.

:lol:
TOS
C. Ives Lacks Critical stick fiddling Thinking
DEyncourt posted:
obvs posted:
[snip of cans of PRONGLES on store shelf]

Very odd. Earlier today I got an e-mail supposedly from Cards Against Humanity with the text of:
Quote:
Dear horrible friends,

You’ve been with us since the beginning, and today we’re excited to share some important news regarding the future of our company.

We’ve done some soul searching and decided that it’s time to bring our hit party game, Cards Against Humanity, to an end.

We’re quitting the gaming industry to focus on our real passion: revolutionizing snack food with our new brand, Original Prongles.

Prongles are available today at OriginalProngles.com and at retailers nationwide, including Target. When you crunch into one of these bad boys, available in both Salt & Potato and Onions & Cream flavors, you’ll go HOG WILD!

Once you pop, THAT’S GREAT!

- The Prongles Corporation (formerly Cards Against Humanity)

Our mailing address is:
Prongles
1917 N. Elston Ave
Chicago, IL 60642

[links omitted]

On the other hand that mail came from mail@cardsagainsthumanity.com THROUGH mail240.wdc02.mcdlv.net. The latter is a Mail Chimp address so who knows who is responsible.

There is a link which is https://cardsagainsthumanity.us2.list-m ... k/click?u=<a bunch of stuff which I suspect would personally ID my mail account>

Maybe I will be getting an apology later?

I'm not sure what they're up to, but it's a real thing.
http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2017/ ... ppers.html
(I know, Fox News. But it's about the only real article I could find about this.
user Stupid cockwomble
TOS
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 665, 666, 667, 668, 669, 670, 671 ... 913