The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 652, 653, 654, 655, 656, 657, 658 ... 912
Online now: Google [Bot]
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
TOS
who among us can say we never did this with our kids?

maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
user Stupid cockwomble
cinderella story, came out of nowhere....
user Stupid cockwomble
Looks like the first VCR I operated at NCSU.
Those beasts are still around, too. We have an ancient rack-mount beta deck in the video control room of our church. It works, but no one uses it because we updated to DVRs.

This would be amazing - if VW would sell it in the US. :(
macnuke Afar
yes, a resurgence of the Candy Man's Candy Van is needed.
dv
I thought conversion vans were still a thing?
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
Oh that looks like it would be cool.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
My dad had a VW pickup with a camper installed on top of it.
sturner Ancient Soldier
ukimalefu posted:

I had Betamax! Loved it.
Yori Program
sturner posted:
ukimalefu posted:

I had Betamax! Loved it.

This was our first VCR.

IMG_4695.jpg
user Stupid cockwomble
TOS
TOS
human-fly hybrids need therapy too sometimes
Donkey Butter jerk face
Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 08.25.57.jpg
TOS
fungus is very in this season, very of the moment
user Stupid cockwomble
Quote:
Designer Emily Fischer has created a wind-up toy that flies on its own.

Called the Flying Martha Ornithopter, it's an homage to Martha, the last living passenger pigeon who died in 1914.

TOS
i made an unboxing video with my daughter (a couple of years ago)

juice Inadvertently correct
She's cute as hell.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Quote:
Married students Starr Lewis, Travis Lewis and daughter Ariel Lewis, 3 weeks, attend the Owsley County High School prom.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/2 ... 50163.html

Last edited by DukeofNuke on Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:06 pm.

Damn, talk about your mixed feelings.

On the one hand, they are high school students and may have just wrecked their future. On the other hand, they decided to keep their child and get married. Of course, they probably won't make it long-term, given the circumstances. However, they did opt to stay in school, so it's possible they haven't totally wrecked their future, which is good. They also aren't flat broke and dressed in burlap sacks means they clearly have supportive family, which is even better.

However, they still ended up screwing the pooch in the end and dressed their child in a camo onesie. :squint:
dv
maurvir posted:

On the one hand, they are high school students and may have just wrecked their future. On the other hand, they decided to keep their child and get married. Of course, they probably won't make it long-term, given the circumstances. However, they did opt to stay in school, so it's possible they haven't totally wrecked their future, which is good. They also aren't flat broke and dressed in burlap sacks means they clearly have supportive family, which is even better.

However, they still ended up screwing the pooch in the end and dressed their child in a camo onesie. :squint:

Hey, it's cultural.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I've edited the post to include the link to the original article.
Lots of other pics there.
TOS
maurvir posted:

there are some jurisdictions where it's just a normal thing, including up here, though it's mostly a small town thing

recently a town in ontario made the news where a young woman had a baby girl, and the baby marked the sixth generation living in the same family

it of course doesn't matter that the data shows really depressing outcomes for women who have kids in their teens, especially if they're single moms
jkahless Custom Title
Who gives a human waste what the data shows. It's people that matter. The strongest and possibly best woman I know was a teenage mom.
TOS
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
I think it's not such a judgement just against the teenage parent, but all the socio-economic forces against them...and against families in general, and against individuals, rather than in support of them. Is a society where it's a safer bet to wait till you're 40 before having kids really a healthier one?
Metacell posted:
I think it's not such a judgement just against the teenage parent, but all the socio-economic forces against them...and against families in general, and against individuals, rather than in support of them. Is a society where it's a safer bet to wait till you're 40 before having kids really a healthier one?

There ARE a lot of advantages for having a stable marriage, a stable job, set housing, etc. vs. the opposite.

Not that any of those situations are a simple requirement of age--I'm sure that EVERYONE can think of exceptions at BOTH ends of the age spectrum--but such markers of stability are less likely for younger adults than older.

On the other hand in this thread I pointed out that at least in the US there has been a growing tendency for fewer younger women to give birth. It has been such that while the birth rate for women in the 25-29 age bracket has been roughly stable from 1972 (I am discounting the numbers for 1970 and 1971 as they seem to be disproportionally large for women in ALL age brackets), the birth rate for women between 30-34 has grown to a rough parity with that previous group over that same period. Meanwhile the birth rates for women younger than 25 have drastically decreased with the tendency that the younger the women are as a group the more their birth rates have dropped.

Though a caution here because the table linked at the above link was ONLY when American women were giving birth in a given year and NOT when they FIRST gave birth.

But it is dramatically overstating the case that in the US women are waiting until they are 40 before their first kids. At least not yet.
For some reason the police in Germany stopped this car:

It was only a decal, so the police let the driver go.

Though frankly if he got stopped by EVERY police car on his way home, maybe the driver would get the idea that maybe he should remove it.

It may look like a stadium, but I think it's a death star prototype in disguise
TOS
definitely worth a bajillion tax dollars

i mean why spend on schools, housing or health care when you can build a goddam stadium for a sport that's slowly dying, right?
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 652, 653, 654, 655, 656, 657, 658 ... 912