The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 637, 638, 639, 640, 641, 642, 643 ... 913
Online now: Majestic-12 [Bot]
TOS
please don't feed the ..

maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
DEyncourt posted:
maurvir posted:
ukimalefu posted:
[snip of woman wearing a literally conical bra]

I'm still at a loss as to why those were ever a thing.

Women's FASHION is rather mysterious and is rather keyed for their time. :shrug: Weird idealized women's shapes have little to do with reality.

There was a time in the US when it was de rigueur for men to wear a hat when outdoors, and NOT including a baseball cap EXCEPT when attending a baseball game (and for no other sports). If you were an adult and seen wearing a baseball cap it was assumed you were on your way to/from a baseball game AND probably with a youngster wearing a similar hat.

Then JFK ran for the presidency and rarely wore a hat at all. BOOM--men's hats nearly went completely out of fashion (except for those caps at baseball games).

This is true, but still, those look like they would have to be uncomfortable. Of course, I think the same thing about high heeled shoes that come to a point. Why the hell would you want to wear something that funneled your toes like that?
maurvir posted:
[snip]
Why the hell would you want to wear something that funneled your toes like that?

Heh.

I believe that somewhere in this very string there were links to stories about Chinese women's bound feet:

Speaking of dress codes for women: Speaker Ryan wants to enforce a "no sleeveless" dress code for women within the halls of the House.

It would be one thing to apply such a rule to MEMBERS of the House, but apparently this will apply to ALL women including reporters. Remember: it gets hot and muggy in DC during the summer.

In that linked article there is a video of Ryan mentioning this rule among others. Do note during the first 30 seconds the young woman in the lower left corner wearing the sleeveless AND strapless black-and-white dress. I'm guessing that she is probably a relative of a House member.

While there is a House rule on dress AND its interpretation and enforcement is at least partially up to the Speaker, there is not one for the Senate.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
Bare arms gives Paul Ryan a boner.
TOS
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
TOS posted:
please don't feed the ..

must be at a zoo/tourist spot because they preemptively knew to swarm on the shadow of the fish before the water was even psychically disturbed. which is why you never feed wild animals in a park
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
jkahless Custom Title
TOS posted:

Insufficient or poorly stowed ballast during launching before fitting out.
Aaron_R posted:
TOS posted:
[snip of fish (sharks?) feeding frenzy]

must be at a zoo/tourist spot because they preemptively knew to swarm on the shadow of the fish before the water was even psychically physically disturbed. which is why you never feed wild animals in a park

FTFT

Indeed, taking a look at that GIF frame-by-frame, the first shark quite near the boat begins to move--albeit a BIT uncertainly--such that it disturbed the water surface in frame 175 BEFORE the chum fish fully left the hands of that guy throwing the fish (think of people who fool their dogs by faking throwing a ball). Those sharks had learned this routine well enough to follow the shadow of the fish well before it landed in the water in frames 192-195.

It might be interesting to see if a cloudy day significantly changed the sharks' behavior.
TOS
TOS
this is very hard to watch

TOS
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
Oh dear GOD that is terrifying.
TOS
TOS
looking back over sturner's career

TOS posted:
[img]lucky%20guy[/img]

I was expecting the gator, but not that outcome.
macnuke Afar
ukimalefu posted:
TOS posted:
[img]lucky%20guy[/img]

it's the original food :D

and it's croc, not a gator
TOS
i think that dress might be a wee bit tight

user Stupid cockwomble
maybe she's just part-crab
macnuke posted:
ukimalefu posted:
TOS posted:
[img]lucky%20guy[/img]

it's the original food :D

and it's croc, not a gator

potato-potatoh

https://www.google.co.ve/search?q=gator ... 56&bih=651
user Stupid cockwomble
::touches dis::
TOS

Explanation: Robert Capa photo from 1951, France colorized and white-balanced.
user Stupid cockwomble
didn't know Capra had such a bod
TOS
the boys definitely wanted his milkshake
you're damn right, it's better than yours
TOS
i guess when you've been married that long you just don't give a crap anymore

maurvir posted:

This drives me a little crazy. If Capa had wanted the image in colour, he would have shot it on colour film.

The process of composition is quite different in black and white photography. I am not sure why people think colourizing black and whites is a great idea. Does no one remember the debacle when they started butchering movies with colourizing?
No, the people who remember are dead.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Warin posted:
maurvir posted:

This drives me a little crazy. If Capa had wanted the image in colour, he would have shot it on colour film.

The process of composition is quite different in black and white photography. I am not sure why people think colourizing black and whites is a great idea. Does no one remember the debacle when they started butchering movies with colourizing?

At first glance, I thought she was Mila Kunis, Photographed with one of those toy cameras or some kind of Photoshop or Instagram filter.

Saudi Arabia's take on Disturbia

An oldie, but goodie - I hadn't see the animated version like this before.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 637, 638, 639, 640, 641, 642, 643 ... 913