The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 621, 622, 623, 624, 625, 626, 627 ... 914
Online now: Google [Bot], Kirk
Donkey Butter jerk face
Donkey Butter jerk face
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
TOS
TOS
macnuke Afar
i hope she is holding up McDonald's for a cheeseburger or two
macnuke posted:
i hope she is holding up McDonald's for a cheeseburger or two

Only if a KAOS agent was undercover there.
macnuke Afar
sadly there aren't enough of them for that
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
I had a crush on Barbara Feldon when I was young.

juice Inadvertently correct
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
Oh I like that.
user Stupid cockwomble

Read the caption.
TOS
it can drive a guy to drink
dv
Poe's Law level: "Woah, really?" unlocked.

user Stupid cockwomble
::folds genitals::
TOS
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
Very distracting giant white blur, or that would be pretty good.
TOS
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle

A bit too cozy for me, but still a very cool house.

I still have a blue Compaq IA-1 at home with the rare, and sadly non-functional, Ethernet port in it. I also had the Intel dot.station until it's integrated CRT finally died. I think I kept the processor box for a while, but it was a PIII based system, so not terribly swift. Note, I got both of them from eBay.

For what they were, they weren't bad. They were sort of like tablets before tablets existed, in that they really only surfed the web - until you pulled the hard drive and installed full Linux or Windows on it.
dv
Ooh, that Compaq actually looks kinda neat.
TOS
tom cruise on set

dv posted:

It is a neat little machine, and completely silent. In fact, it looks amazing until you turn it on and see the complete crap LCD screen on it. :squint: It topped out at 800x600 and had awful pixel bleed issues. Not too bad on mostly white websites, but on darker pages it was very noticeable. They also had small plastic cases and passive cooling that meant the processors were seriously under-clocked. I had a second IA-1 I cut a hole in to allow for a full size heatsink/cooler, and it ran FAR faster. (I managed to get an AMD K6-2 running in one with a little hanky-panky and it actually performed nicely - but the end machine wasn't even close to silent anymore)

Also, they went cheap on the keyboard and used an IR port. This meant it could be easily blocked and only worked with direct line of sight. The wireless keyboard on the dot.station, while absurd in so many ways, was actually better. (the one I got was originally from Spain, so I had to remap the keys)

Let's just say there is a reason they didn't exactly take over the world.
dv
maurvir posted:
dv posted:

It is a neat little machine, and completely silent. In fact, it looks amazing until you turn it on and see the complete crap LCD screen on it. :squint: It topped out at 800x600 and had awful pixel bleed issues. Not too bad on mostly white websites, but on darker pages it was very noticeable. They also had small plastic cases and passive cooling that meant the processors were seriously under-clocked. I had a second IA-1 I cut a hole in to allow for a full size heatsink/cooler, and it ran FAR faster. (I managed to get an AMD K6-2 running in one with a little hanky-panky and it actually performed nicely - but the end machine wasn't even close to silent anymore)

Also, they went cheap on the keyboard and used an IR port. This meant it could be easily blocked and only worked with direct line of sight. The wireless keyboard on the dot.station, while absurd in so many ways, was actually better. (the one I got was originally from Spain, so I had to remap the keys)

I'll just have to build a pi-based one out of wood, with a Bluetooth KB.

:shrug:
dv posted:
maurvir posted:
dv posted:

Hey, if you like the case, I can mail you a fully functioning one IA-1. My wife wants me to dump all my old tech gear anyway, and I haven't pulled it out of its box in ages. As I mentioned, the screen is crap, but if you can find a replacement display, the case is in perfect condition.
dv
maurvir posted:
dv posted:
maurvir posted:
dv posted:

Hey, if you like the case, I can mail you a fully functioning one IA-1. My wife wants me to dump all my old tech gear anyway, and I haven't pulled it out of its box in ages. As I mentioned, the screen is crap, but if you can find a replacement display, the case is in perfect condition.

Nah. It's an ugly beige, and, well... *giggle* I like wood. *giggle*

Would be crazy-easy to build an enclosure for a Fire Tablet, actually.
dv posted:
maurvir posted:
dv posted:
maurvir posted:
dv posted:

Nah. It's an ugly beige, and, well... *giggle* I like wood. *giggle*

Would be crazy-easy to build an enclosure for a Fire Tablet, actually.

The remaining one is dark blue, actually. I can't find a picture of it, but it is definitely not beige.

This is why people have a hard time taking modern art seriously.
dv
maurvir posted:

This is why people have a hard time taking modern art seriously.

Quote:
Sally Reaper, Look Again Festival Director said: ‘It’s a bit of a mystery – we really have got no idea who did it. It was very clear to us it was a prank but we have decided to leave it there because it’s in keeping with the playful spirit of our festival.

Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 621, 622, 623, 624, 625, 626, 627 ... 914