The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 618, 619, 620, 621, 622, 623, 624 ... 913
Online now: Bing (sucks), gd, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot]

Fancy iPhone stand
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway

Uhm... 6 is 50% of 12... and 12+6 = 18? right?

anyway, gluten free mustard! as opposed to the mustard that has gluten in it?
ukimalefu posted:
[snip of pic]

Of course your math is correct though I suspect what the questioner was asking was "If 18 is 100% and 12 is 66.7% of 18 which means 18 is only 33.3% more than 12, yes?" which WOULD be right except for that smaller print of "than our 12 oz". THAT makes the questioner wrong because he begins with the wrong number for his base.

And the notation of "gluten-free" IS very important for those who suffer from celiac disease THOUGH that condition has been estimated to affect about 1.5% of humans. Large enough that food product makers have to worry about turning away a group of people who do not have any clear idea of "is there gluten in X?", especially for shoppers buying groceries for a household with a person or two affected by celiac disease.

On the other hand: there are NOW a LOT of people who have latched themselves to "gluten-free" labels as if celiac disease were a common problem for most or all people. But even if you were to pin them down and figure out that no one in their household has celiac disease, he can always retort with "Well, I'm getting it for anyone who might stop by who suffers from that, so there :p
ukimalefu posted:
I can't count the number of times I've seen "gluten free" printed on foods that don't normally contain gluten.
dv
DEyncourt posted:
ukimalefu posted:
[snip of pic]

Of course your math is correct though I suspect what the questioner was asking was "If 18 is 100% and 12 is 66.7% of 18 which means 18 is only 33.3% more than 12, yes?" which WOULD be right except for that smaller print of "than our 12 oz". THAT makes the questioner wrong because he begins with the wrong number for his base.

And the notation of "gluten-free" IS very important for those who suffer from celiac disease THOUGH that condition has been estimated to affect about 1.5% of humans. Large enough that food product makers have to worry about turning away a group of people who do not have any clear idea of "is there gluten in X?", especially for shoppers buying groceries for a household with a person or two affected by celiac disease.

On the other hand: there are NOW a LOT of people who have latched themselves to "gluten-free" labels as if celiac disease were a common problem for most or all people. But even if you were to pin them down and figure out that no one in their household has celiac disease, he can always retort with "Well, I'm getting it for anyone who might stop by who suffers from that, so there :p

I see that and assume it's an attempt to "trap" dumb people on Facebook.
DEyncourt posted:

This is mustard, why would there ever be gluten in mustard?

I once saw a bottle of WATER labelled as gluten free.

I'd think that people that KNOW they suffer from celiac disease, know what to avoid, or not to eat something if they're not sure.

I believe that a lot of companies are putting "gluten free" on their product labels just because a lot of people think "it's good for you".
dv
ukimalefu posted:
DEyncourt posted:

This is mustard, why would there ever be gluten in mustard?

Flour is frequently used in various gravies and sauces as a thickener.

Quote:
I once saw a bottle of WATER labelled as gluten free.

That is a bit silly. But have you ever noticed how many foods are listed as "may contain peanuts?" Food labelling standards generally apply to ALL food products, there's no "common sense" test. Which is why there's a nutrition info diagram on bottled water, too.

Quote:
I'd think that people that KNOW they suffer from celiac disease, know what to avoid, or not to eat something if they're not sure.

http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fitnes ... luten.html

Quote:
I believe that a lot of companies are putting "gluten free" on their product labels just because a lot of people think "it's good for you".

True. Of course, the problem there is that it's occasionally a lie. Only a small minority (people with actual gluten sensitivities) will ever notice.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
Gluten-free coffee beans. Image
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
dv
juice Inadvertently correct
RIP, Freddie...
Donkey Butter jerk face
I really want to take my motorbike for a ride out there. looks like beautiful country.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Any beach I can't go swimming in is a failure.
user Stupid cockwomble
If you really want to, you can....
user Stupid cockwomble
Holy human waste webcam:

user Stupid cockwomble
::mr sparky::

I really like that gif.
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
jkahless Custom Title
Donkey Butter posted:
I really want to take my motorbike for a ride out there. looks like beautiful country.

Do it, it is. Ride the Cabot Trail on the way to the ferry too. I spent one of the best weekends of my life camping along the Cabot Trail, hiking up waterfalls.
Donkey Butter jerk face
does anyone else suddenly feel hungry (like the wolf)?
Donkey Butter jerk face
jkahless posted:
Donkey Butter posted:

Do it, it is. Ride the Cabot Trail on the way to the ferry too. I spent one of the best weekends of my life camping along the Cabot Trail, hiking up waterfalls.

just did a web search for images of "Cobot Trail". I'm sold.

Turns out the claims about this pool having magical healing properties were full of crap - literally.
user Stupid cockwomble
well human waste
TOS
user Stupid cockwomble
green and full of very small seeds
sorry, not a real game

TOS
heels plus ice equals ...

uhm... would that be the hand of... what's his name... devil hero guy with horns... hellboy?

anyway, that's a waste of a poor tiny warermelon
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
maurvir posted:

Turns out the claims about this pool having magical healing properties were full of crap - literally.

I really don't feel sorry for any of the people who drank this thinking it was magic water.
dv
Pithecanthropus posted:
maurvir posted:

I really don't feel sorry for any of the people who drank this thinking it was magic water.

Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 618, 619, 620, 621, 622, 623, 624 ... 913