The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 615, 616, 617, 618, 619, 620, 621 ... 912
Online now: Google [Bot], maurvir, Warin
DEyncourt posted:
"The Making of the Medieval-inspired 3D printed women’s Sovereign Armor":

http://lumecluster.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/SovereignArmor_DreamerRegalia.jpg

The left armor--named Dreamer Regalia--was made by Melissa Ng for Felicia Day (who models it here) while that on the right--Sovereign Armor--is Ng's latest project.

username and pw? :brow:
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
TOS posted:
sfx

I knew the day would come when it was cheaper to CGI it then it was to actually find a picturesque setting left in the real world.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
DEyncourt posted:
Pariah posted:
ukimalefu posted:
Pariah posted:
dv posted:
jkahless posted:
It's a shame someone went to ask that effort, made such beautiful pieces, and doesn't know the first thing about armour design.

It's not about armor, it's about making D&D artwork real.

And, arguably, about paying Felicia Day roughly my annual salary to spend 6 hours wearing it in public.

I would be surprised if Day was paid anything to do that shoot and even if she was paid it would not be 5 figures, more like 3 figures if she is very lucky.

What about "all travel expenses, plus you get to keep the costume"?

Is that the case? If that was laid out in the story I missed it.
Modeling is like sports. Most models work for pics and credits, a smaller number get paid a small amount and only a tiny elite actually make a living doing it.
Consider this: The centerfold models for Playboy used to be paid travel, lodging and $10,000 and that was considered a top gig. A young model doing a shoot for a clothing catalog might get paid as much as $500 for an entire day of shooting.

The article I linked to was for the second set of fantasy armor but there were links on that page to the first set.

Ng--the maker of both sets of armor--made Dreamer Regalia SPECIFICALLY for Day. Ng did it as a "favor" to Day for being the inspiration via Day's "The Guild" series for Ng to go for her dream of being a creator of such pieces.

I am uncertain as to where Dreamer Regalia is currently. My impression is that Ng kept it as a demo of what she is capable of making and not that Day has it on display in her living room. On the other hand Day did use her influence to persuade a leading 3D modeling company to allow Ng access to their equipment so that Ng could fully realize its creation. I would fully understand if Ng simply gave Dreamer Regalia to Day.

Look, very simple: pics or it didn't happen.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Metacell posted:
TOS posted:
sfx

I knew the day would come when it was cheaper to CGI it then it was to actually find a picturesque setting left in the real world.

I think it's more that there are no surprises when you use CGI backgrounds. No stupid guy photobombing your shoot, no unanticipated surprises with the weather, etc.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
TOS
mattes were only for static shots; chroma keying now allow for moving cameras, they can create perfect locations

though it's still fairly expensive to do it that way
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Incorrectamundo!
Read the link. Moving actors and cameras matte was developed in 1918. It's called The Williams Process.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
DukeofNuke posted:
Incorrectamundo!
Read the link. Moving actors and cameras matte was developed in 1918. It's called The Williams Process.

I think he means now everything in the background can move.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
well, ok. But it's still matte; painted on glass or in a computer, it's the same thing, basically. Serving the same purpose.
The ark of the covenant must be inside that truck

Aaron_R posted:
DEyncourt posted:
"The Making of the Medieval-inspired 3D printed women’s Sovereign Armor":

http://lumecluster.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/SovereignArmor_DreamerRegalia.jpg

The left armor--named Dreamer Regalia--was made by Melissa Ng for Felicia Day (who models it here) while that on the right--Sovereign Armor--is Ng's latest project.

username and pw? :brow:

<sigh> As I posted later: the maker's website got hit by too much traffic and so dv had to change my link so that it wouldn't cause problems for people just browsing this thread.

Here are some pics from elsewhere (at least until the maker's site is back up).

Felicia Day modeling the Dreamer Regalia:

The Sovereign's Armor:

TOS
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
user Stupid cockwomble
DukeofNuke posted:

Is Ackroyd dry-humping Lorraine?
TOS
everybody's dry-humping everybody
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
ukimalefu posted:

Now that's some good acid ...
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
TOS
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
user Stupid cockwomble
cute

shopped but cute
TOS
TOS
TOS
macnuke Afar
I don't know which would be worse..
being hit with that.
or being the hand that used it.
macnuke posted:
I don't know which would be worse..
being hit with that.
or being the hand that used it.

If it's any consolation, that at a minimum has a handle made of a polymer or resin material, probably resin, not actual bone and gums. The teeth are still pretty grim, though.
TOS
personally i think that simply whipping that thing out would end most arguments
Happy Inception Day, Leon Kowalski!

DEyncourt posted:
Happy Inception Day, Leon Kowalski!

Somebody should start using the The Voight-Kampff test, here and there, on certain people... just to make sure.
ukimalefu posted:
[snip]
Somebody should start using the The Voight-Kampff test, here and there, on certain people... just to make sure.

Probably too late. WAAAY too late.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Trump: "What's a tortoise?"
TOS
eye of the tiger!

maurvir posted:

That's really not funny, yet I :lol:d
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 615, 616, 617, 618, 619, 620, 621 ... 912