The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 610, 611, 612, 613, 614, 615, 616 ... 919
Online now: Google [Bot]
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Donkey Butter jerk face
I want to build a kicker and jump that road on my snowboard.

I hope there is more snow than that when I get to Japan next winter.
Is that one of the roads around Mammoth Mtn? I've seen it like that in remarkable snow years, like this year.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Kirk posted:
Is that one of the roads around Mammoth Mtn? I've seen it like that in remarkable snow years, like this year.

I have driven country roads in Wisconsin with snow about half that high.
TOS
TOS
Donkey Butter posted:

Heh, you want MORE?

According the linked article this region of Japan--Toyama--is the snowiest part of Japan and arguably of the whole world.
US Army announces RAMBO, a new grenade launcher nearly completely made from 3D parts:

RAMBO = Rapid Additively Manufactured Ballistics Ordnance.

Only the springs and some fasteners had to produced elsewhere.
UnknownComic.jpg
The unknown comic! *rushes off to google*

Huh. Murray Langston. Not so unknown. But Canadian!
TOS
Donkey Butter jerk face
DEyncourt posted:
Donkey Butter posted:

Heh, you want MORE?

According the linked article this region of Japan--Toyama--is the snowiest part of Japan and arguably of the whole world.

I think I just found out where we will be snowboarding next year. Thanks
Donkey Butter posted:
DEyncourt posted:
Donkey Butter posted:

Heh, you want MORE?

I think I just found out where we will be snowboarding next year. Thanks

Well, maybe.

Myself not being in any way active with snow-related sports I'm not sure of the differences, BUT it may be that the warmer winter weather that coincides over Toyama to dump a lot of snow there is such that it renders most of that snow into something that more resembles cement rather than the lighter snow which would be better for snowboarding and other winter activities.

Perhaps it is just better infrastructure (partly due to it being a larger city) that allows more northerly Sapporo in Hokkaido to hold winter sports events like the Asian Winter Games in 1986, 1990 and 2017 on top of the Winter Olympics of 1972.

Just saying that there might be reasons why Toyama isn't (yet?) a well-known winter sports destination. On the other hand, I hadn't heard before about Aomori, Japan, which held the 2003 Asian Winter Games.
For lots of dry snow, its hard to beat the Wasatch Range, just east of Salt Lake City. All I saw was the rooster tails off my ski tips when doing a powder run back in my youth. I suggest Alta Ski Resort.
http://www.alta.com/
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Some of the banks in Donner Pass are nearly as high as that Toyama pic this year.
dv
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
juice Inadvertently correct
ukimalefu posted:

Paul and John look stoned out of their gourds, unless the cameraman caught them with their eyes closed.
TOS
juice posted:
ukimalefu posted:

Paul and John look stoned out of their gourds, unless the cameraman caught them with their eyes closed.

i'm assuming them all having their hands on the sign was meant to be some pathetic "in" joke
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
jkahless Custom Title
maurvir posted:

If this happened on land the headline would read "ATVers playing in traffic dragged to safety by security."
Donkey Butter jerk face
Kirk posted:
For lots of dry snow, its hard to beat the Wasatch Range, just east of Salt Lake City. All I saw was the rooster tails off my ski tips when doing a powder run back in my youth. I suggest Alta Ski Resort.
http://www.alta.com/

I will agree that Utah has some of (if not THE) best snow on earth. As for Alta. Their backwards thinking prevents me from riding there. They are one of the last hold outs not allowing snowboarders on their lifts.

When I'm in Utah I always go to Brighton. (Their 80th year this year and it was one of the snowiest on record) Even if it hasn't snowed in days there is still powder stashes to find.
Alta is higher than Snowbird, the next resort down canyon, and hence has the driest powder on the west facing canyons. As for the snowboard issue, meh. I ski. :p
TOS
i was in ikea yesterday and noticed they were selling organic coffee in funky paper-wrapped packages:

juice Inadvertently correct
/me waits for pith's commentary
TOS posted:
i was in ikea yesterday and noticed they were selling organic coffee in funky paper-wrapped packages:

Do you have to assemble it yourself?
TOS
Farmerkev posted:
TOS posted:

Do you have to assemble it yourself?

it does require the väter accessory, which of course is sold separately
TOS
TOS
Someone needs to recalculate. Why did it need the second horizontal upward thrust before it ignited, the first thrust should of been timed correctly to avoid the second correctional one.
Aaron_R posted:
Someone needs to recalculate. Why did it need the second horizontal upward thrust before it ignited, the first thrust should of been timed correctly to avoid the second correctional one.

I'm guessing to stop the rotation.
TOS
Aaron_R posted:

the top thrust started the nose pointing down, the bottom thrust stopped it
dv
An object in motion tends to stay in motion.
TOS
i posted it because i find it terrifying ... it's an advanced russian cruise missile designed to take out carrier groups

it travels at several times the speed of sound and skims just a hair above the ocean's surface, so it's basically immune to interception

previous generations of the missile worked cooperatively, so when fired in volleys they would network with one another one, decide which of them had the best chance of interception, and take turns popping to higher altitude to get a solid radar lock (if one got shot down another would take its place)

the saudis have been taking severe damage off yemen from anti-ship missiles and it freaks me to imagine what they'd do to a supercarrier
Interesting. Anti ship missile development has been a big thing here. Supposedly the new supersonic one has no clear Chinese counter, and is the best available tool to try to hold off China while the US comes to help (were they to invade).
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Taiwan still believes in US ?
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 610, 611, 612, 613, 614, 615, 616 ... 919