The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 606, 607, 608, 609, 610, 611, 612 ... 913
Online now: Google [Bot]
user Stupid cockwomble
I think a splinter peeled off it.
DEyncourt posted:
[snip]
As it happens Jupiter is about as large in diameter as any planet can be. Adding more mass to Jupiter would compress its gases more without increasing its diameter very much up to the point when fusion could be sustained at the core. When that happens a dwarf star will balloon out to a much larger size though still tiny compared to our Sun.
[snip]

A correction: I was figuring that heating due to fusion at the core likely would dramatically increase the size of a dwarf star even one at the edge of fusion like TRAPPIST-1, but those folks studying that system have an estimate that the diameter of that star is slightly larger than that of Jupiter.
iDaemon infinitely loopy
Kelly Cuoco from Big Bang Theory has facial expressions that are so remindful of her Dad William Shatner from back in the Star Trek original series days. (I only just recently learned she was his child). I suppose mostly maybe "A Piece of The Action" sitcom-stylings.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
this battle station is fully operational

TOS
she'd rather look at an endlessly-looped image of herself than do her wifely duty in the bedroom? outrageous!
dv
iDaemon posted:
Kelly Cuoco from Big Bang Theory has facial expressions that are so remindful of her Dad William Shatner from back in the Star Trek original series days. (I only just recently learned she was his child). I suppose mostly maybe "A Piece of The Action" sitcom-stylings.

That was a commercial, not reality.

http://www.treknews.net/2013/01/10/kale ... ommercial/
dv
TOS posted:
she'd rather look at an endlessly-looped image of herself than do her wifely duty in the bedroom? outrageous!

Hahah, you said "doody"!
New Giant Penguin fossil found (left) compared to the current largest species on the right (Emperor Penguin). Dinosaur Penguins, I never knew (61 billion years isn't dinosaur era, but still neat)!
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle

Warning: This resulted in an unexpected emotional event at my desk.
you have to wonder what would that notebook say if it was from the dogs pov?
dv
Aaron_R posted:
you have to wonder what would that notebook say if it was from the dogs pov?

Bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon?
TOS
TOS
user Stupid cockwomble
no, it's "legoe".

:P
iDaemon infinitely loopy
dv posted:
iDaemon posted:

uhhh...dang. Thanks. I took the word of relative-by-marriage.

But, Kelly Cuoco sure does have eerie similarities.
iDaemon posted:
dv posted:
iDaemon posted:

Indeed

Pariah Know Your Enemy
iDaemon posted:
dv posted:
iDaemon posted:

Yes, with her looks it is plausible seeming that she could be Shatner's daughters, right age range as well.
TOS
Pariah posted:
iDaemon posted:
dv posted:
iDaemon posted:

Yes, with her looks it is plausible seeming that she could be Shatner's daughters, right age range as well.

well ... in theory

she's 30ish, he's mid-80s
iDaemon infinitely loopy
TOS posted:
Pariah posted:
iDaemon posted:
dv posted:
iDaemon posted:

well ... in theory

she's 30ish, he's mid-80s

Yes.

Big Bang Theory. :lol:
iDaemon infinitely loopy
RIP Ren Hang (Chinese photographer.)

The Microsoft time warp ad.
user Stupid cockwomble
Ford's theater?
maurvir posted:

The Microsoft time warp ad.

Needs more Meatloaf. Let's Do the Time Warp again
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
Pretty much looks like an iMac to me.

For full size, right-click or control-click to open image in another tab.
TOS
i remember my old powermac had a pc compatibility card but it never worked quite right
user Stupid cockwomble
It's the movie poster!
Just FYI: the SETI program has already scanned TRAPPIST-1 but did not detect anything (yet). It did so following a May 2016 preliminary report that said that the system had at least 3 planets.
TOS
TOS
ukimalefu posted:

that is gorgeous
TOS
TOS
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 606, 607, 608, 609, 610, 611, 612 ... 913