The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 596, 597, 598, 599, 600, 601, 602 ... 918
Online now: Google [Bot], ukimalefu
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
DukeofNuke posted:
ukimalefu posted:
no comment

ok, one comment, wtf

needs a spear

Well, that comes after the crucifixion.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
sold separately ?
TOS
don't forget the crown of thorns dlc
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
comes with the Roman Soldier action figure
user Stupid cockwomble
DukeofNuke posted:
needs a spear

That requires a Librarian.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
TOS posted:
Pithecanthropus posted:
TOS posted:
Pithecanthropus posted:
ukimalefu posted:
Kirk posted:
Art requires some cleverness to get a point or points across. That's just random damage from shipping.

sub

jec

tive

That's like saying Jackson Pollack isn't art because it's just random dripping. Sorry if you don't think it's art, but that doesn't make it not art.

sorry, if it doesn't employ cleverness to get a point across it's just not art

Your vision is too narrow.

apologies ... i was being utterly sarcastic, that definition is unbelievably wrong

as an artist i can only shake my head in pity for anyone who thinks that way

Damn that lack of a sarcasm font. Again.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Kirk posted:
Jackson Pollack used dripping to paint a picture. He applied the drips in a pattern to evoke images or emotion as intended. That 'control' of the medium makes it art.

That is one way to produce art.

Allowing the fed ed broken glass thing to occur is another.

You may not care for the art, (I don't care much for it), but it is art all the same. get the fiddlesticks over it.
TOS
Kirk posted:

Quote:
With the number of settlements in the park having increased in recent years, deforestation and hunting is destroying wild bird populations. In response, the bats are having to seek out alternative food sources, and are thought to be feeding mainly on people sleeping outside in hammocks, while also sneaking into open windows to bite people in their beds – just like real vampires.

[bold added]

Hang on there: "REAL vampires"? :lol: C'mon, for site which is literally named "I-Fucking-Love-SCIENCE" they should have edited that to something like "just like vampires from stories like 'Dracula'."

Another possible assisting explanation: human blood has become so fatty that it is now a viable alternative for these "fussy" bats which would avoid most mammalian blood sources like cattle because of their relatively low fat content compared to their preferred sources of bird blood.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Séamas posted:
Kirk posted:
Jackson Pollack used dripping to paint a picture. He applied the drips in a pattern to evoke images or emotion as intended. That 'control' of the medium makes it art.

You may not care for the art, (I don't care much for it), but it is art all the same. get the fiddlesticks over it.

Exactly. It's just bad art but it's still a creative idea to put into practice: using modern living as your paintbrush.

Anyways, I expect some rich dumbass will pay a fortune for it.
user Stupid cockwomble
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Where do you get bottle rockets that can go in water?

seriously ...
DukeofNuke posted:
Where do you get bottle rockets that can go in water?

seriously ...

Used to do it all the time.
You want the ones with retort to get the boom.
dv
Isn't that technically dynamite fishing?
Not with a bottle rocket, not enough concussion to stun a fish.
I've done similar in my youth. Twas fun
Séamas posted:
Kirk posted:

'Allowing' is not the same thing as 'causing'. No control over the result means its not art. Randomness is not art.
DEyncourt posted:
Kirk posted:

Quote:
With the number of settlements in the park having increased in recent years, deforestation and hunting is destroying wild bird populations. In response, the bats are having to seek out alternative food sources, and are thought to be feeding mainly on people sleeping outside in hammocks, while also sneaking into open windows to bite people in their beds – just like real vampires.

[bold added]

Hang on there: "REAL vampires"? :lol: C'mon, for site which is literally named "I-Fucking-Love-SCIENCE" they should have edited that to something like "just like vampires from stories like 'Dracula'."

Another possible assisting explanation: human blood has become so fatty that it is now a viable alternative for these "fussy" bats which would avoid most mammalian blood sources like cattle because of their relatively low fat content compared to their preferred sources of bird blood.

Yeah, that site's offerings have gotten much less technically accurate, at least in the titles, for a while now. I think they're trying to compete on a click bait basis.
Donkey Butter jerk face
And that was awesome
TOS
ukimalefu posted:

that's amazing

barely seems possible, really
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Blofeld had that technology in '69.
Kirk posted:

Bzzt! Wrong.

What makes something art is that there is an artist and an audience and a work. Its really that simple.
I think we'll just have to disagree on what makes it art.
user Stupid cockwomble
Yeah, don't quit yer day job.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Kirk posted:

Imagination. Besides the structure of an artist, a work and an audience, there is nothing else to it. There's no essence of art floating about, there's no scale scientists developed to measure skill or creativity, there's just the frame and imagination.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Kirk posted:
Séamas posted:
Kirk posted:

'Allowing' is not the same thing as 'causing'. No control over the result means its not art. Randomness is not art.

blatherskite. Allowing is no different than causing.
user Stupid cockwomble
I allowed that fox to freeze in the lake.
TOS
StaticAge posted:
Kirk posted:

Imagination. Besides the structure of an artist, a work and an audience, there is nothing else to it. There's no essence of art floating about, there's no scale scientists developed to measure skill or creativity, there's just the frame and imagination.

as has been pointed out, this argument has been had here before ... let me suggest letting it die because even though it shouldn't be an argument at all, there's absolutely no hope that you can win
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
TOS posted:
StaticAge posted:
Kirk posted:

as has been pointed out, this argument has been had here before ... let me suggest letting it die because even though it shouldn't be an argument at all, there's absolutely no hope that you can win

Hmm.
ukimalefu posted:

In that gif it looks smaller than it is

Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 596, 597, 598, 599, 600, 601, 602 ... 918