The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 573, 574, 575, 576, 577, 578, 579 ... 913
Online now: No visible users
chikie The same deviled egg
It looks like a DJI phantom, so its probably a person controlling a computer-stabilized drone.
Mustapha Mond Daring to be stupid
That's pretty cool!
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
TOS
Yori Program
ukimalefu posted:

I didn't know those two Kirk posts were there before I came to post this. The robots took over and we didn't even notice.

You want to impress me? Do it with a UK light bulb. Most of our light bulbs use a bayonet fitting. :p
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
How many Brits does it take to screw in a light bulb?
dv
Yori posted:
ukimalefu posted:

I didn't know those two Kirk posts were there before I came to post this. The robots took over and we didn't even notice.

You want to impress me? Do it with a UK light bulb. Most of our light bulbs use a bayonet fitting. :p

Robots with bayonets?

ukimalefu posted:

Heh. Habs fans, go figure. :lol:
TOS
Warin posted:
ukimalefu posted:

Heh. Habs fans, go figure. :lol:

i'm going to have to steal that
TOS
ALWAYS blame the humans
TOS
i mean gee, what could go wrong?

The lack of common sense for some people is amazing. All the chainsaws I've seen recently have a safety bar, which must be gripped firmly, think of it like a second trigger, or the chainsaw stops. No doubt that fool, tied it down /defeated it somehow. He's never seen a hedge trimmer with long blades for cutting the tops of hedges flat?
Oh yeah, heal me!

Okaaaay
That's in Australia?
Orion Mad Cow
Kirk posted:
The lack of common sense for some people is amazing. All the chainsaws I've seen recently have a safety bar, which must be gripped firmly, think of it like a second trigger, or the chainsaw stops. No doubt that fool, tied it down /defeated it somehow. He's never seen a hedge trimmer with long blades for cutting the tops of hedges flat?

Idiots like that are the reason there are so many safety devices on new lawn and garden equipment. About half of the units that come in here at the shop have one or more of the safety's defeated. Probably 75% of those are defeating the seat safety switch on riders. On almost every rider that we work on, if you turn off the deck and lock the parking brake, you can get off the seat with the engine running. Yet people still want the switch defeated. Durr... :brow:
A complete Pringles ring ("No glue, just physics"):

The creator of this is Jane Espenson who otherwise spends her time scriptwriting for series like Buffy, Battlestar Galactica and Once Upon A Time.

If you scroll down the comments to that tweet, Espenson also provides a link to a video tutorial for creating such.
dv
Kirk posted:

Well, that's one way to avoid being eaten by a Grue.

Though this clearly just a model and not fly-able. Note how the right propeller is too close and will hit the fuselage if spun up.
Kirk posted:
[snip of pic]

Though this clearly just a model and not fly-able. Note how the right propeller is too close and will hit the fuselage if spun up.

I'm guessing that this was not even a model but a badly done Photoshop mock-up.

It looks like the left (on the right side of the pic) propeller is on the outside of the left hull in this catamaran-based design given that that propeller is partly covered by that hull, SO why isn't the right propeller also outside of the right hull? I suppose that with careful adjustments to both engines that a pull straight forward would be possible even with this drone's asymmetry, but why complicate a DRONE design and thus its avionics when basic symmetry is easy? Maybe some Iranian weapons designer needed to pad his portfolio?
jkahless Custom Title
I dunno, the proportions look right to me. Compound shapes look deceiving at oblique angles. Building an RC GEV is childsplay. A motivated teen could do it.
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
There's a whole internet waiting for you!
TOS
mmav? you okay, man?

jkahless Custom Title
I think mmav rides in a slightly nicer car.
jkahless Custom Title
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
Nope we have pretty much exactly those. Our steel set sulphurs are dangerous and should not be allowed on the track.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
TOS
i care far more about the blonde-headed figure behind her ...
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
In-N-Out, definitely the best burgers ;)

arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
Kirk posted:
In-N-Out, definitely the best burgers ;)

http://locations.in-n-out.com/201
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 573, 574, 575, 576, 577, 578, 579 ... 913