The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 566, 567, 568, 569, 570, 571, 572 ... 912
Online now: Google [Bot], j_tso, Majestic-12 [Bot]
user Stupid cockwomble
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
user posted:

I think one of those Musks or Bezos types should send out a probe to catch up with a Voyager, recover the record, bring it back, and then sell it. It would take pride of place on the Sultan of Brunei's mantelpiece.
user Stupid cockwomble
They wouldn't live long enough to see the money.

Be easier to just steal Jimmy's copy.
user posted:
They wouldn't live long enough to see the money.

Be easier to just steal Jimmy's copy.

The beauty of the scheme is that there will be ongoing bidding and after decades the amounts will be astronomical. It will change ownership so many times without even being on the planet. The fact that it will (if the tech pans out) one day return to earth be the putative payoff. This will in some way be worthy.
maurvir posted:
ukimalefu posted:

I know people think that crap is funny, but there really are people dumb enough to do that. :roll:

People were dumb enough to do it than complain about the how2video not working and breaking thier phones :der:
Or The Sun was dumb enough to believe that people did it.
user Stupid cockwomble
Or they are doubling down on the joke.
TOS
Aaron_R posted:
maurvir posted:
ukimalefu posted:

I know people think that crap is funny, but there really are people dumb enough to do that. :roll:

People were dumb enough to do it than complain about the how2video not working and breaking thier phones :der:

this stupid nonsense goes back years ... asswipes desperate to hear that people actually drilled or immersed or microwaved their devices

the whole thing is pretty pathetic
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
In the more you know category . . . .

juice Inadvertently correct
I think I would rather pass a kidney stone than ride a roller coaster.

/while quickly mentioning that I'm in no hurry to do either
TOS
mmav heads off to work

TOS
nvm

Last edited by TOS on Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:45 pm.

maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
That dude had better have survived or you have posted (another) snuff video. :brow:
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
There is no photo because I can't take pics on a train, but the graffiti in the unit bathroom last night said " Tall Geese is a bad conductor"
TOS
maurvir posted:
That dude had better have survived or you have posted (another) snuff video. :brow:

can't confirm anything so never mind
TOS
brake check ...

Orion Mad Cow
I think that video was taken about 20 miles from my house... :eek:
Man snaps pic of girls stealing his girlfriend's watch:

She only noticed that her watch was gone long after the pic was taken, but it was only after looking at this pic that they figured out what had happened.
TOS posted:
brake check ...

They are both uncouth individuals.
But one is a correct uncouth individual.
user Stupid cockwomble
The best kind of uncouth individual.
user Stupid cockwomble
juice posted:
I think I would rather pass a kidney stone than ride a roller coaster.

/while quickly mentioning that I'm in no hurry to do either

When you don't have health insurance you do what you can.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
mmaverick posted:
TOS posted:
brake check ...

The person tailgating is the only uncouth individual there.
Séamas posted:
mmaverick posted:
TOS posted:
brake check ...

Brake checking is an uncouth individual, dangerous, illegal move, and holding up the passing lane is a ticketable offense in many places (including my province).
Not to mention, it was clear in the right lane. Dude was being a dick in the left lane.
You're not supposed to pass on the right until there's three or more lanes.
Kirk posted:

I wasn't talking about the tailgater, I was talking about the guy in front of him. He was impeding traffic in the passing lane when he could have gotten over.
mmaverick posted:
Séamas posted:
mmaverick posted:
TOS posted:
brake check ...

Brake checking is an uncouth individual, dangerous, illegal move, and holding up the passing lane is a ticketable offense in many places (including my province).

I agree that brake checking someone is dangerous. However, if you look at the video closely, the lead driver in the left hand lane is not holding up traffic, they are travelling faster than th car in the right hand lane. And the trailing car is following far, far too close to the lead car. That person is an uncouth individual who deserved his trip onto the median.
No doubt, they were both uncouth individuals. However, the first driver is still in the wrong, even if he is driving faster than the speed limit. In some states, both would have gotten ticketed for that idiocy.
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
maurvir posted:
Kirk posted:

I wasn't talking about the tailgater, I was talking about the guy in front of him. He was impeding traffic in the passing lane when he could have gotten over.
Not necessarily. He may have moved to the left lane to allow the vehicle from the right to merge.

He also stopped right before the cross-over. He may have been thinking about trying to use it(illegally, I know, but not the same thing), or he may have been trying to change lanes to get to an exit that we can't see(unlikely).

At first glance it looks like an intentional brake check, but I'm not so sure that he wasn't just a wasteful driver or a desperate driver.
Warin posted:
mmaverick posted:
Séamas posted:
mmaverick posted:
TOS posted:
brake check ...

I agree that brake checking someone is dangerous. However, if you look at the video closely, the lead driver in the left hand lane is not holding up traffic, they are travelling faster than th car in the right hand lane. And the trailing car is following far, far too close to the lead car. That person is an uncouth individual who deserved his trip onto the median.

That's why they're both uncouth individuals.
As for deserving his trip into the median, no, tailgating doesn't mean you deserve to potentially die, with a good chance of taking other people in the surrounding vehicles out as well.
mmaverick posted:
Séamas posted:
mmaverick posted:
TOS posted:
brake check ...

He had moved left to allow the vehicle in from the on-ramp on the right which is the correct procedure. And while brake checking is an uncouth individual move, I'd rather send an stick fiddler on my bumper swerving into the grass than have him total my car if I really have to brake hard.
Orion Mad Cow
Maybe he was trying to get over... He put his blinker on right after he hit the brakes. There's an exit shortly after that area and he may have been trying to get over so as not to miss his exit. The guy following too closely was completely at fault. Doing that puts your life and the lives of those around you in jeopardy. What if a deer had run out? Its a fairly rural area and there are a lot of deer strikes on that stretch of highway. That highway is terrible for accidents. Every single morning on the way into work I hear the traffic report and there are always accidents on Hwy 41. People drive way too fast, tailgate, cut into traffic, and just plain drive like uncouth individuals and they cause every accident. Its a million times worse in winter. The highway usually gets closed a few hours a day to clean up the mess from the morning commute. People think that 70mph speed limit means do 85 and weave in and out of traffic when they aren't moving as fast as you are instead of slowing the fiddlesticks down. The asshat in the tailgating car got exactly what he deserved.
Orion Mad Cow
Oh, and I forgot about the uncouth individuals talking on their phones, doing their hair, reading, eating, and otherwise not paying any attention to the road. stick fiddlers!!!! At least its now illegal to talk on the phone at all in construction zones, hands free or not, doesn't matter. The only way its legal is if you are calling 911. Now the cops can ticket all the uncouth individuals that damn near kill the folks working on the highways.
user posted:

Carl Sagan was a great man, but even as a kid, I thought the record was sort of one sided. It assumes a kind of anatomy and way of communication that is very human. It made for a cool star trek movie, though.
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 566, 567, 568, 569, 570, 571, 572 ... 912