The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 549, 550, 551, 552, 553, 554, 555 ... 913
Online now: No visible users
Survey finds that GOP/Democrats like different TV shows:

well, except for "The Walking Dead", "Supernatural" and "The Big Bang Theory".
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
Hm. Flash is the only one of those I have even watched.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
That makes you a republican
Mustapha Mond Daring to be stupid
I guess now we know how Scorpion is still on the air.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Geesie posted:

No Dr Who or GOT?
Not even NCIS?
user Stupid cockwomble
Hard to do when you don't have a TV.
Farmerkev posted:
Geesie posted:

No Dr Who or GOT?
Not even NCIS?

Haven't seen Dr Who since the first couple Matt Smith episodes. And I guess I have seen NCIS now that I think about it. Didn't leave much of an impression it seems.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
user posted:
Hard to do when you don't have a TV.

CBS.com

I got rid of cable and just watch my shows on the internet.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Mustapha Mond posted:
I guess now we know how Scorpion is still on the air.

Unfortunately it also explains Nashville.
McDonald's forced to take down "Make Burger History" site when it gets plastered with offensive suggestions:

One of the least offensive of the odd suggestions.
Quote:
But many went totally tasteless, creating burgers with names like "Mosque at Ground-Zero", "Rektal Prolapse" and "Toddler Body Bag", some of which ended up on the website's front page before it was shut down entirely overnight.

Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Why does anybody still think this won't be the default result from anything open to public posting on the internet?
dv
Metacell posted:
Why does anybody still think this won't be the default result from anything open to public posting on the internet?

Naivety.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
dv posted:
Metacell posted:

Naivety.

Not at all.

Free advertising.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Drew Barrymore and Stephen King

maurvir posted:

LOL.

Nice job, but the smoke getting to the outside of the helmet makes me think the helmet isn't all that airtight (which is probably a good thing so he doesn't suffocate)
Isn't that helmet open?
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
ukimalefu posted:

Wow, even evil Spider Man from 3 Dev Adam. But not Japanese Spider-Man.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
ukimalefu posted:
Isn't that helmet open?

It would have to be or he wouldn't be able to light his cigar.
user Stupid cockwomble
All they will ever sell are the cukes.

Also, heh:

Quote:
Bonus free tube the same size as your junk if you run out of condoms and gf won't put out w/o one

ukimalefu posted:
Isn't that helmet open?

Looks like reflection of light on the left side
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
Séamas posted:
ukimalefu posted:
Isn't that helmet open?

Looks like reflection of light on the left side

Yeah, well, there is a lot wrong with that "tough Sarge" image from Starcraft:

1) In a sealed environment suit designed at least sometimes for micro-gravity situations, the smoke wouldn't be rising from the cigar like that because:
a) in micro-gravity the smoke would just gather around the lit end. OK, so maybe this guy isn't in such, still
b) in any situation where the suit would have to sealed (such as a non-Earthlike or high/low/no atmosphere), there would be fans to actively move the air inside the suit to prevent any local CO2 buildups especially around the face. With the smoke rising like that, both the sarge and his cigar would be out in a few minutes from lack of oxygen.

2) "HANG ON...dammit."
<whoot>WARNING...SUIT BREACH...<whoot>WARNING...SUIT BRE...air purge complete
"Hey, Sarge, you OK?"
"Yeah, lost my cigar again."

3) While most of the Starcraft environments take place on planetary surfaces, there were some that were in micro-gravity (though, of course, gameplay never accurately reflected that because frankly play would be impossible). One thing you wouldn't want floating around inside a helmet are bits of cigar ash: "CRAP...hang on. Gotta get this ash outta my eye."

4) Where is his water nipple so he can get a drink of water? I guess one could get used to wedging the cigar somewhere so one could get a drink, but it would seem to be a whole lot of wasted time and attention in a distinctly hostile situation with aliens on the prowl. And I could imagine the disgust: "OH GODDAM! I got one of Sarge's old helmets again!"
user Stupid cockwomble
You said that about morning food nipple.
Orion Mad Cow
That Starcraft image is from the teaser movie for Starcraft 2 when they first publicly announced they were releasing it. I remember watching it. Guy is brought in handcuffs to a room where the suit is built around him by robotic arms, then he steps out of the darkness into the light as his helmet opens and he says "Hell, is about time!" The helmet is open. The light on the left (his right) is a heads up display that the suits have. You can see it projecting onto his right cheek. I agree with the fact that smoking a cigar in a suit like that would be dangerous and not practical.
dv
Orion posted:
That Starcraft image is from the teaser movie for Starcraft 2 when they first publicly announced they were releasing it. I remember watching it. Guy is brought in handcuffs to a room where the suit is built around him by robotic arms, then he steps out of the darkness into the light as his helmet opens and he says "Hell, is about time!" The helmet is open. The light on the left (his right) is a heads up display that the suits have. You can see it projecting onto his right cheek. I agree with the fact that smoking a cigar in a suit like that would be dangerous and not practical.

Tychus'd do it anyway.
dv
maurvir posted:

Can't see one of those signs without thinking of the book:

Anyway. We like to think we're rugged. It's not complicated.
Mustapha Mond Daring to be stupid
maurvir posted:

I'm going to buy a few of each and stock up the crisper drawer (except I guess for the bananas).

Quote:
The car is based on a 2006 Corvette Z06, but the gas guzzling guts are gone. In their place, engineers fitted dual, liquid cooled, electric motors. They produce in excess of 700hp, and more than 600 lb-ft of torque. The ‘vette’s original V8 only produced around 505hp and 400 lb-ft of torque.

Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 549, 550, 551, 552, 553, 554, 555 ... 913