The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 542, 543, 544, 545, 546, 547, 548 ... 912
Online now: Google [Bot], Metacell
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
ukimalefu posted:
Damn hipsters

(seriously, did you forget the link? is it a radio in his hat?)

No link, but the picture is from 1920. Dude is rocking a crystal radio in his top hat.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
That is so satisfying.

Must be a Jeep thing
dv
maurvir posted:

Must be a Jeep thing

Fort McMurray fires.
Mustapha Mond Daring to be stupid
maurvir posted:

Central Park West. Probably as beautiful as NYC gets. You can almost see the Ghost Busters building, I think. I used to live right next to it. Ah, memories.
I used to love visiting NYC, and Central Park was definitely one of my favorite places. I was always amazed at how different it felt just crossing into the park - from super busy and tense to unbelievably relaxed.

The cloisters are the same way, except you also feel like you stepped back in time.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
maurvir posted:
I used to love visiting NYC, and Central Park was definitely one of my favorite places. I was always amazed at how different it felt just crossing into the park - from super busy and tense to unbelievably relaxed.

The cloisters are the same way, except you also feel like you stepped back in time.

Central Park is always the first thing I mention to tourists looking for the "sights" in the city.

It beats all the others by a mile.

One of those places that looks great in every season.
TOS
i'll forever be blown away by the sight of those magnificent early 20th century buildings towering over the treeline

no matter how many times i see it, i'm always like "wow"
iDaemon infinitely loopy
I didn't see an obvious thread for this over in 'Tech' - so, anyway Verge made a graphic.
iDaemon posted:
I didn't see an obvious thread for this over in 'Tech' - so, anyway Verge made a graphic.

One nit - Apple shipped machines with VGA for a long time, they just didn't use the de-facto standard connector. They used that goofball DB15 instead of the DE15, which required an adapter, but was electrically compatible.
I'm assuming Apple will ditch that (headphone jack) with their next mobile release. However Motorola beat them to the punch with their modular Moto Z handsets.
Aaron_R posted:
I'm assuming Apple will ditch that (headphone jack) with their next mobile release. However Motorola beat them to the punch with their modular Moto Z handsets.

Out of curiosity, what is the point of using youtu.be links instead of just linking directly to youtube? I only ask because the first is blocked at my office, while youtube itself isn't, yet everyone seems to use it.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
maurvir posted:
Aaron_R posted:

Out of curiosity, what is the point of using youtu.be links instead of just linking directly to youtube? I only ask because the first is blocked at my office, while youtube itself isn't, yet everyone seems to use it.

I guess it's an automated thing when getting the url in a phone browser.
user Stupid cockwomble
palin around with terrists
juice Inadvertently correct
It's images like Jupiter's aurora that make me wish I were better at math. I dreamed about working for JPL when I was a kid.
juice posted:
It's images like Jupiter's aurora that make me wish I were better at math. I dreamed about working for JPL when I was a kid.

Well, specifically that image is a composite taken by the Juno probe which still enroute to Jupiter. from Hubble (grumph--I failed to check the pic's credit). The aurora part is from the probe's HST's UV camera and was rendered in blue.
TOS
maurvir posted:

i think those guns should be issued to kurdish fighters ... imagine a battalion of those things being aimed at ultra-insecure islamists
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
They may not know what Hello Kitty is, and pink may not have the same cultural significance to them.
Vegan forces diet on dog, gets chastised:

As one reply to this image puts it:
Quote:
Dogs and cats cannot be vegan or vegetarian. If you want a pet that can, get a stick fiddling gerbil.

user Stupid cockwomble
Dry dog food is meat flavored grains, right?
TOS
user Stupid cockwomble
fancy feathering
dv
user posted:

Corn and bone meal with powdered offal, basically.

Dogs are, like people, omnivorous enough that a well-balanced vegetarian works for them.

Vegan would be a lot harder and probably not work well.

Cats are obligate carnivores. Meat is tasty, tasty murder.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
obvs posted:
They may not know what Hello Kitty is, and pink may not have the same cultural significance to them.

I'm pretty sure gun-metal has the same cultural significance. And....Everybody knows what Hello Kitty is.
Yori Program
user posted:

Not the good ones.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
The good ones is: people.
TOS
place your bets ...

Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 542, 543, 544, 545, 546, 547, 548 ... 912