The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 540, 541, 542, 543, 544, 545, 546 ... 913
Online now: gd, Google [Bot]
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
maurvir posted:

This is awesome. I wish I'd thought of that when I had a bug.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway

For anyone wondering...
dv

TheGeneralofSpace:
Here's the recipe from the video, because I don't want to have to watch it every time I want to remember what it was. I attempted to estimate some non-specified amounts, but listen go figure it out like a good strapping young 18th century cook would. In the video, he says this should work for one quartered chicken, but you can probably use any type of store bought pieces (legs, thighs, breasts) you want.

Marinade
* The juice of two large, fresh lemons (approx. 1/2 cup or 120 ml)
* Approx. 1/2 cup (120 ml) of vertjus or malt vinegar (cider vinegar also works)
* 2 dried bay leaves (use only 1 if using fresh leaves)
* 1 tsp (4 g) of salt
* 1 tsp (4 g) of pepper
* 1/4 tsp (1 g) of ground cloves
* 1/2 cup (75 g) chopped green onions (or potentially shallots if you want)

Depending on the amount of chicken you are frying, you may want to double or even triple this part of the recipe. Add all ingredients to a medium bowl, mix well. Then add your chicken pieces (ensuring they are well covered) and let sit for 3 hours in the refrigerator.

Batter
* 1 1/2 cup (180 g) all-purpose flour
* White wine (cider or water are also appropriate)
* Yolks of 3 eggs
* 1 tsp (4 g) of salt

Add flour to a medium bowl. While stirring (with a stick or other utensil) add the white wine until the batter reaches the consistency of thin pancake batter. Then, add the egg yolks and salt to the bowl. Mix well, and feel free to add more wine if necessary to ensure the batter keeps the same consistency as before.

Frying
In a deep pot heat your oil of choice to its appropriate temperature for frying. For a more traditional experience, use lard or clarified butter, and potentially an open fire.

Take your pieces of chicken from the marinade, dip and completely cover them in the batter mixture, then slowly submerge them in the oil with tongs. To keep the oil at a high temperature, and for safety, fry the chicken pieces in batches until the outside is crispy and "mahogany brown." While the last batch is frying, add fresh (but very well dried off) parsley to the oil. Cook the parsley for several minutes until crispy, and crumble over the fried chicken when cooled.

Serve on your favorite pewter dish.

Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
Geesie posted:

Geesie does find the oddest stuff.
user Stupid cockwomble
::concerned about the source of the stains::
jkahless Custom Title
"The 50 Best Websites on the Internet For Breathtaking, Royalty Free Stock Images for Commercial Use".

Do note that some sites require attribution via link back to the site for use. The above site includes reasons for (not) using each of the listed sites.
DEyncourt posted:

Part of what made the X-files work was that unrequited sexual chemistry they had going. Holy hell were there loads of people just waiting for the first hint that they were more than just "partners". The way they handled it in the first movie was just perfect.
Ridiculously detailed analysis of "Bladerunner".

The authors goes into such details like identifying particular fonts and possible reasons some were selected!

Oh, a pic from Bladerunner:

The above is from the police Spinner that the cop uses to take Deckard back to the police HQ. Below is a frame from "Alien" from just before the Nostromo exploded:

user Stupid cockwomble
graphics reuse
Zuckerberg's Instagram pic revealed that he has put a piece of tape over the built-in webcam of his MacBook Pro:

There is also a piece of electrical tape over the laptop's microphone port.

Me? I have a Post-It note over my camera though nothing over the mike port.
Woman banned from all national parks and federal lands after Reddit figured out her identity from her vandalism:

In particular she used acrylic paints which are all-but-impossible to remove from rock without damaging it.

KNOWN locations of her vandalism include Death Valley, Colorado National Monument, Canyonlands, Zion and Crater Lake.

Last edited by DEyncourt on Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:37 pm.

Lots and lots of UV exposure. Think tanning booth for godzilla. The acrylic will crack and flake. The UV won't hurt the rocks.
juice Inadvertently correct
At first, I thought Kirk was discussing her punishment.
user Stupid cockwomble
DEyncourt posted:
Zuckerberg's Instagram pic revealed that he has put a piece of tape over the built-in webcam of his MacBook Pro:

I have a photo of a penis taped in front of my camera.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
user posted:
DEyncourt posted:

I have a photo of a penis taped in front of my camera.

Yours?
user Stupid cockwomble
user Stupid cockwomble
They left off the dick slot for silly puritanical reasons so it looks like he's got the damn things on backwards.
They say it's for a space ship, but I can tell it's a time machine.
You can almost make out Boeing's version in the Starliner here:

chikie The same deviled egg
maurvir posted:
You can almost make out Boeing's version in the Starliner here:

There were some much more detailed photos earlier in that ars article. Apparently Boeing asked them to take it down. They were quite interesting to contrast with SpaceX's design for the Dragon 2. Not terribly surprising that Boeing has a hell of a lot more switches than SpaceX, because (a) they are working off decades of institutional knowledge of building spacecraft, and (b) they have a reputation of designing around the wants and needs of pilots.
maurvir posted:

:2up:
Not random exactly, but me in '86 just before my first jump. The guy in the back is another student jumper I think.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 540, 541, 542, 543, 544, 545, 546 ... 913