The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 525, 526, 527, 528, 529, 530, 531 ... 912
Online now: Google [Bot], j_tso, maurvir
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
TOS posted:
ukimalefu posted:

i snake new york?

I Plissken New York!
user Stupid cockwomble
DEyncourt posted:
That pic dates from 1960 when MTM was likely 23 (birthday: Dec 29, 1936).

Both she and Dick Van Dyke were married to other people throughout the course of the Dick Van Dyke Show.

She actually was Rob Petrie's wife.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
I really wish I could buy these

user Stupid cockwomble
Big ball of yarn...

Last edited by ukimalefu on Sat May 07, 2016 7:50 am.

user Stupid cockwomble
Uki, that format is only supported by Chrome, so that leaves a good percentage of users unable to view it. PNG would be a better choice. I guess we could have a poll on it, but my response is to not bother trying.

Thanks anyway.
user posted:
DEyncourt posted:
That pic dates from 1960 when MTM was likely 23 (birthday: Dec 29, 1936).

Both she and Dick Van Dyke were married to other people throughout the course of the Dick Van Dyke Show.

She played a character who actually was Rob Petrie's wife within the Dick Van Dyke Show.

FTFY

I was going to dismiss that, but then I recalled how some actors in various soap operas sometimes would get even physically attacked by clearly adult fans of their TV shows for something their characters had done so perhaps the above fix was required.
user Stupid cockwomble
Well, Rob Petrie was a character, so that statement is an unnecessary elaboration.
TOS
user posted:
Uki, that format is only supported by Chrome, so that leaves a good percentage of users unable to view it. PNG would be a better choice. I guess we could have a poll on it, but my response is to not bother trying.

Thanks anyway.

i recently switched back to safari so i can't see it
Old Yoda agitator
TOS posted:
user posted:

Thanks anyway.

i recently switched back to safari so i can't see it

Opens in Opera (15)
Screen Shot 2016-05-06 at 8.11.14 PM.jpg
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
ukimalefu posted:

Converted to jpg.
user Stupid cockwomble
Yeah, that's how I can see it - by downloading and opening in Opera.

However, I don't use Opera for browsing and I expect that not everyone uses Chrome. Chrome and Opera are the only browsers that support the format.

Why use such an odd format in the Random Image thread?

Last edited by user on Sat May 07, 2016 3:05 am.

DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
user Stupid cockwomble
He's gonna nail her - I can see it!
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
user posted:
Yeah, that's how I can see it - by downloading and opening in Opera.

However, I don't use Opera for browsing and I expect that not everyone uses Chrome. Chrome and Opera are the only browsers that support the format.

Why use such an odd format in the Random Image thread?
Because to those of us who can see it it appears the same as any other image.

I really doubt it was a conscious effort to use a less common(although definitely better) format.
user Stupid cockwomble
In other words, Chrome users.

Yeah, Chrome probably just converts to it by default.

All hail google.
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
Chrome doesn't create webp files.

It just displays them.

Any image file is just downloaded as it is without changing formats. There's no evil intent there.

uki saw an image. uki linked to an image. uki was not plotting to make you have difficulty viewing an image. And his browser was not plotting to prevent you from using other browsers. In fact, Google has encouraged other browser developers to use webp. WebP is an open-source format(and yes, it is better than png and jpg and gif).

There's no conspiracy here.
user posted:

Thanks anyway.

fixed
obvs posted:
Chrome doesn't create webp files.

It just displays them.

Any image file is just downloaded as it is without changing formats. There's no evil intent there.

uki saw an image. uki linked to an image. uki was not plotting to make you have difficulty viewing an image. And his browser was not plotting to prevent you from using other browsers. In fact, Google has encouraged other browser developers to use webp. WebP is an open-source format(and yes, it is better than png and jpg and gif).

There's no conspiracy here.

I just right-clicked and selected "copy image address". But it IS google's fault, because the image is from google plus. Yes, I use it. Not much, but I do.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
sheldonforpres.jpg
user Stupid cockwomble
ukimalefu posted:
user posted:

Thanks anyway.

fixed

Oh, I looked for a plug-in for Safari. I did try, so your "fix" is quite incorrect.

I'm not going to use Chrome for browsing.
user posted:
ukimalefu posted:
user posted:

Thanks anyway.

fixed

Oh, I looked for a plug-in for Safari. I did try, so your "fix" is quite incorrect.

my fix is a jpeg hosted on imgur

Safari can't possibly suck that much

Did you try shift+refresh? or whatever is the equivalent on your phone?
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
American reboot? or Japanese semi-yearly upgrade? Oh God, it's American.
user Stupid cockwomble
ukimalefu posted:
user posted:
ukimalefu posted:
user posted:

Thanks anyway.

fixed

my fix is a jpeg hosted on imgur

Safari can't possibly suck that much

Did you try shift+refresh? or whatever is the equivalent on your phone?

Phone? iMac, I don't use a phone for browsing. There's no extension for Safari:

This is a support map for webp.

Looks like Google+ is using an image format that is only supported by their own products - and Opera. Keep posting them, I guess, usually you post interesting things. Guess I'll miss a few.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
Metacell posted:

It was filmed in warin's town!
TOS
mmaverick posted:
Metacell posted:

It was filmed in warin's town!

interesting

i wonder if warn had elizabeth banks on his "list?" might have been a very happy confluence of events
In the future, we will be able to see each other while talking on the phone

Tesla Model S passengers survive 80-foot jump, spectacular crash:

While all 5 were able walk away from this, all of them required hospitalization for "serious but non-life threatening" injuries.

The story included this pic of the ramp the car hit to explain how the car could fly 80 feet:

well?

don't you?
macnuke Afar
err no.
just no.
ukimalefu posted:

They filmed a bunch of action scenes in the city where I live. Apparently Kamloops looks a lot like Angel Grove. Or close enough anyways. I wanted to track Elizabeth Banks down and be all fanboy, but apparently none of the scenes filmed here required the actors to be here. Boo!
TOS
thus my dreams of seeing you on tmz go unrequited
TOS posted:
thus my dreams of seeing you on tmz go unrequited

:lol:

"Ms Banks, suck my cockachino!"
TOS
i'm thinking the egg is a tardis

That picture makes me think "Pink Floyd" for some reason.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle

I really think the solution here is to setup an open season on poachers. You invite all the top hunters around the world to hunt poachers with two stipulations. They can only hunt poachers, not wildlife, and they have to provide photographic request of the poaching upon request. Then, turn the place into a real-life version of the most dangerous game.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 525, 526, 527, 528, 529, 530, 531 ... 912