The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 517, 518, 519, 520, 521, 522, 523 ... 912
Online now: Google [Bot], ukimalefu
TOS
Ribtor posted:
My spring morning.

mine was quite similar

but it's supposed to hit ten degrees today ... supposedly ...
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I've some buddies arranging a hiking trip to the Left Fork of North Creek (The Subway) in Zion NP in June. I might be able to make it. We'll see if I have enough vacation time.

The otherwise sunspot-free Sun, just had a single large sunspot rotate into view. Maybe we'll see some nice CMEs out of this.

Last edited by Kirk on Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:47 pm.

Pithecanthropus Roast Master
Geesie posted:

Keep it classy, boys. :goth:
The Jews will win that one. Their logo covers a larger percentage of the table top on their side. ;)
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Kirk posted:
I've some buddies arranging a hiking trip to the Left Fork of North Creek (The Subway) in Zion NP in June. I might be able to make it. We'll see if I have enough vacation time.

I'm sure you are aware of this, but be sure to check the weather not only for that area, but also for at least 100 miles upstream. There is a reason those walls are smooth and rounded. :paranoid:
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
Kirk posted:
The Jews will win that one. Their logo covers a larger percentage of the table top on their side. ;)

After posting that, I learned that the game Alcoholocaust is real with a set of rules

Quote:
The Nazis start the game off with ‘blitzkreig,’ and each player on the Nazis shoots until they miss, but this is only allowed for the first volley. The Jews have the ‘Anne Frank Cup,’ and this ability allows them to pick any one of their cups and hide it anywhere in the room, but it has to be shootable, obviously. The Jews can only do that once per game and can be used only during their turn. To equalize this slight advantage, the Nazis also have another ability called ‘Auschwitz’ (or ‘Concentration Camp’ if you don’t know what that means). With this ability the Nazis can pick any player on the Jews team and they have to sit out of the game until the other two players on the Jews team each make a cup. After that happens the 3rd person on the Jews team can play again.

maurvir posted:
Kirk posted:

I'm sure you are aware of this, but be sure to check the weather not only for that area, but also for at least 100 miles upstream. There is a reason those walls are smooth and rounded. :paranoid:

Absolutely, hikes in the Narrows are only allowed if the flow rate at a meter near the Zion NP headquarters is less than 150 cfs and the projected weather conditions are favorable. And right now its high. ;)
When I did the Narrows a couple years back, that flowmeter read 32 cfs. We crossed that river easily 150 times during that 19 mile hike, not including about four miles where we were wading the river because there was no dry ground on either side. It was little tricky but only one spot was over my head. I can't imagine even trying it near the high end of the allowed flow rate.

The peaks in the data below are rain or snowmelt. Rain caused the biggest peak. The smaller daily blips are snowmelt from sunshine. Brianhead is a nearby ski resort and part of the Virgin River drainage. Their season closed yesterday and ski conditions were still excellent. They've got plenty more water to contribute as snowmelt. By June the water will probably be low enough, though still cold from the remaining snowmelt.
macnuke Afar
maurvir posted:

Clark Kent made the tunnel
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Quote:
There is a reason those walls are smooth and rounded.

dv
macnuke posted:
maurvir posted:

Clark Kent made the tunnel

Nah. John Henry.
TOS
macnuke Afar
TOS posted:

made by Ruger?
user Stupid cockwomble
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
juice Inadvertently correct
Pithecanthropus posted:
Geesie posted:

Keep it classy, boys. :goth:

What else would you expect from Coors Light drinkers? :sick:
That doesn't matter much. The beer will be flat and warm by the time its drunk anyway.
Mustapha Mond Daring to be stupid
Geesie posted:
Quote:
The Nazis start the game off with ‘blitzkreig,’ and each player on the Nazis shoots until they miss, but this is only allowed for the first volley. The Jews have the ‘Anne Frank Cup,’ and this ability allows them to pick any one of their cups and hide it anywhere in the room, but it has to be shootable, obviously. The Jews can only do that once per game and can be used only during their turn. To equalize this slight advantage, the Nazis also have another ability called ‘Auschwitz’ (or ‘Concentration Camp’ if you don’t know what that means). With this ability the Nazis can pick any player on the Jews team and they have to sit out of the game until the other two players on the Jews team each make a cup. After that happens the 3rd person on the Jews team can play again.

If it wasn't in such bad taste, this would be hilarious.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Well played there. And that doesn't look quite like any hair clip I've ever seen ;)
I wish my attic had interesting and expensive items.
Kirk posted:
Well played there. And that doesn't look quite like any hair clip I've ever seen ;)

I had to click on it to see. I have several that would probably look like that if they were opened wide.
Rosetta captures "opposition surge" in pic of comet:

This is similar to what happens to the Moon when it is at least close to full: practically all of the shadows that could be seen on the Moon are shrunk to the point that the object making them overlays the shadows.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Kirk posted:

How does it go?, "and now commences the process of cutting off the head ... "
dv
DukeofNuke posted:
Kirk posted:

How does it go?, "and now commences the process of cutting off the head ... "

Dude, you remember my sig from MAF?

It made a lot more sense once you realized it was about whaling.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
dv
DukeofNuke posted:
wuzzat you? :)

Yup. From this book: https://books.google.com/books/about/Wa ... ZJmAEACAAJ

Inky escaped . . . sorta like Nemo.

maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
new desktop picture, thanks
Kirk posted:

I love this!
user Stupid cockwomble
::waves to MacAddict4Life out on the balcony::
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 517, 518, 519, 520, 521, 522, 523 ... 912