The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 504, 505, 506, 507, 508, 509, 510 ... 912
Online now: Google [Bot], j_tso, macaddict4life
Séamas Honorary Consul General
maurvir posted:

who are they?
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
ukimalefu posted:

:eek:
TOS
Séamas posted:
maurvir posted:

who are they?

they are random
user Stupid cockwomble
Maggie of eight.
macnuke Afar
women you don't fiddlesticks with.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
We are Legion.
dv
TOS posted:
Séamas posted:
maurvir posted:

who are they?

they are random

From https://www.reddit.com/r/OldSchoolCool/

Quote:
1940's My Aunt Vicky is making a serious statement by not only wearing pants but also by posing like that. (imgur.com)

TOS
one forgets how controversial pants on women used to be
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
I'm a fan of pants off women.
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
Across from my hotel
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
dv posted:
TOS posted:
Séamas posted:
maurvir posted:

who are they?

they are random

From https://www.reddit.com/r/OldSchoolCool/

Quote:
1940's My Aunt Vicky is making a serious statement by not only wearing pants but also by posing like that. (imgur.com)

Looks like Grandma's seriously wasted!
obvs posted:
Across from my hotel
[snip of Canabru Coffee shop]

Hah! Apparently here, although apparently a shot from the side of this shop from inside the parking lot of its shoppping center which Google Maps StreetView does not provide (yet).

Hmm...Chino. A nice enough area. Relatively warmish during the winter but mostly brutally hot in the summer (though perhaps not compared to Albuquerque?). Also part of region where the smog of the coastal areas gets blown to (sorry) and concentrated by the surrounding hills so not recommended for asthmatics. On the other hand: definitely cheaper for rents than closer to the coast though you can make up the difference in AC costs.

Of course you are in "LA" so there really is only "winter" (East Coasters laugh at that) and SUMMER with only short periods in between which charitably could be called spring and autumn. Around the turn from January to February will be about as cold as it will get, barring weather flukes driving the wind from off the desert (which gets additionally cooled by having to travel over the mountains north of LA). Forgive the panic when it rains.

If that is as far west as you've gotten, then you have about 35 miles to the Pacific (if you continue straight west, more or less). Maybe about half that (as the crow flies, so closer to 25 by road) if you head southwesterly to the closest point in Orange County. In either direction: mostly suburban city unless if you go straight west past downtown LA.

Welcome to the literal eastern edge of LA (County)! I know that you've already travelled through about 30 or so miles of (mostly) suburbia, but most of that is actually in San Bernardino County.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
TOS
das original!
Oh, good, it's vegan.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Drink Different!
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
TOS
TOS
user Stupid cockwomble
user posted:
Steiglitz?

I don't think so. It looks more like propaganda photography from the Soviet Union.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I wonder what speed that is? I've tried something similar, and the people just disappeared.
DukeofNuke posted:
I wonder what speed that is? I've tried something similar, and the people just disappeared.

My guess is multiple images, not a single long exposure.
jkahless Custom Title
Well thats a pretty horrific thing to see in the morning. Thanks a lot. Could we at least try to keep snuff photos out of this thread?
He just died of natural causes. Nobody killed him. Though yeah dead humans are not my favorite photo ops.
I just thought it was an interesting "ghost ship finally turns up" story, and not even a particularly gruesome one at that. No piracy, no murder, just an old guy having a heart attack while trying to radio for help.

It didn't seem noteworthy enough for AO, as it's pretty PG-13 IMO, but I apologize if it curdled your breakfast milk.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
It's not a murder, it's just not really what people are looking for. I want kitties, weird drinks, and funny names damnit!
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
I would live in the largest state....

dv
arkayn posted:

I think Rainier would be bigger...
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
dv posted:
arkayn posted:

I think Rainier would be bigger...

I saw this and thought we were in the RES thread.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 504, 505, 506, 507, 508, 509, 510 ... 912