The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 501, 502, 503, 504, 505, 506, 507 ... 912
Online now: Google [Bot], j_tso, macaddict4life
That face says, "My God, what a shirt. And I'm getting my picture taken wearing it. With my bad ass chest tattoo showing. My manliness quotient just dropped . . . a lot."
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
TOS
radarman posted:

i hate to say it but i remain highly skeptical
The Bad Astronomer on the SHELLS of stars within elliptical galaxies:

What has most likely happened is that ellipticals like the above got a more-or-less direct hit by a sizeable colliding galaxy and that we are still seeing the ripples caused by that collision even though there are no nearby candidates for the collision. On the other hand, these shells with elliptical galaxies have been known only since 1980 so we are still trying to figure these things out.
China to build world's largest radio telescope, relocating almost 10 K people in the surrounding area to improve its "electromagnetic wave environment":

At 500 meters across it will be have about 2.7 times the surface area of the Arecibo Observatory (which is 1000 feet ≈ 305 meters across).
TOS
TOS
I wondered where Ziggy went.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Kirk posted:

Quote:
Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center paid the demanded ransom of 40 bitcoins — currently worth $16,664 dollars — after the network infiltration that began Feb. 5, CEO Allen Stefanek said in a statement.
"The quickest and most efficient way to restore our systems and administrative functions was to pay the ransom and obtain the decryption key," Stefanek said. "In the best interest of restoring normal operations, we did this."
http://www.windstream.net/news/read/art ... compute-ap

juice Inadvertently correct
Thus encouraging further behavior of this type.
agedgruel posted:
Thus encouraging further behavior of this type.

It's a stupid tax, only this time everyone else gets to pay it.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Did they really get the key? something like that happens to me and I don't believe I'll get human waste if I pay.
ukimalefu posted:
Did they really get the key? something like that happens to me and I don't believe I'll get human waste if I pay.

Actually, yes. Most of these scum actually do give you the keys. If they didn't, word would get out fairly fast that you are screwed either way, and they wouldn't get paid.
radarman posted:
ukimalefu posted:

Actually, yes. Most of these scum actually do give you the keys. If they didn't, word would get out fairly fast that you are screwed either way, and they wouldn't get paid.

Hmmm... there could be a plot for the next 'Taken' movie... or not.
It could be argued some humans still are.
agedgruel posted:
It could be argued some humans still are.

Yeah, a few of them even made good and ran for President.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
radarman posted:

Need to be keyed, tires slashed, potato in the tailpipe, sugar in the gas tank, and the driver needs to be severely thrashed.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
and after he's punished for what he did to that truck, we should give him a ticket for parking in the handicapped place.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
or ...

I didn't know you could get a handicapped parking permit for mental issues ...
TOS
Pithecanthropus posted:
radarman posted:

Need to be keyed, tires slashed, potato in the tailpipe, sugar in the gas tank, and the driver needs to be severely thrashed.

believe it or not there's a guy like that where i live ... he parks in the handicapped spot with his absurd small-dicked tricked-out accesorized-out-the-yin-yang pickup, so big it takes up both spots and half the sidewalk, at my kid's elementary school

he's actually something of a neighbourhood bully, driving super-aggressively to the point where multiple people have filed police reports and the school is thinking of banning him (at least his idiot truck) from school grounds
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
He does not qualify for "That Guy" unless he has a Rebel Flag flying from, or displayed upon, his truck.
user Stupid cockwomble
the sign says tim hortons

::checks wiki:: oh human waste Burger King brought them down here
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Abby, magnify and enhance that license plate.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
radarman posted:

This picture reminds me of how happy I am to be out of Oklahoma where trucks like that are common as hell.
macnuke Afar
too bad a real pay phone doesn't exist.... call 911 and report a robbery in progress at the burger king and the guy is driving a stick fiddled up red truck
I don't see any truck nuts. I'm surprised by that.
TOS
DukeofNuke posted:
Abby, magnify and enhance that license plate.

i'm pretty sure those are ontario plates
TOS
this one's for malkin:

sturner Ancient Soldier
radarman posted:

Wonderful example of a Christie suspension prototype in trials. Christie offered the suspension design to the US army first. They declined. So he sold it to the Soviets. That is the suspension used on the Soviet T-34 tank.
TOS posted:
this one's for malkin:

Damn it, I was just about to post that. Well, mine's bigger :p

TOS
sturner posted:
radarman posted:

Wonderful example of a Christie suspension prototype in trials. Christie offered the suspension design to the US army first. They declined. So he sold it to the Soviets. That is the suspension used on the Soviet T-34 tank.

that looks like the soviet bt tank ... the one that was super fast but had as armour as a jock strap
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 501, 502, 503, 504, 505, 506, 507 ... 912