The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 500, 501, 502, 503, 504, 505, 506 ... 913
Online now: Google [Bot], juice, maurvir
Donkey Butter posted:
Kirk posted:

it's funny that America's wang says "Suck" on it. :lol:

FYI Wi doesn't have an NHL team. We have the Milwaukee admirals who are in the AHL league (aka AAA team)
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
Hey look, I got to watch a guy die, thanks.
TOS
Kirk posted:
I'm more than a little surprised he didn't hear it coming.

i suspect the missile travels faster than the speed of sound ... if it's headed your way, chances are you wouldn't hear squat

at least not until it's too close to react
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
Kirk posted:
Jalapeno peppers are not red. They're green. Still that's mean. I thought at first those were strawberries.
:brow:

Red, yellow, and green peppers are the same plant, just at varying degrees of ripeness.
user Stupid cockwomble
long and slender, tho
obvs posted:
Kirk posted:
Jalapeno peppers are not red. They're green. Still that's mean. I thought at first those were strawberries.
:brow:

Red, yellow, and green peppers are the same plant, just at varying degrees of ripeness.

Actually there are varieties bred because they spend a longer period of time as one color or another. And jalapeños are usually picked when they're green. Chiles are usually picked when they're red.
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
I do know those things. You know I grew up in New Mexico, right?
TOS
jesus you guys are ridiculous
Peppers are my favorite plants in our garden. I even plant ornamental varieties. In the fall and early-mid winter they still have their fruit all bright and everything. I plant cherry peppers for pickling, different kinds of bells, jalapeños, and purple/white/orange/red ornamentals.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
mmaverick posted:

If it is any consolation, he was heading up to get is 72 virgins never knowing what happened. At that range, he was very likely completely obliterated before his brain had time to process the first sensation. All in all, probably one of the more preferable battlefield deaths.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
radarman posted:
mmaverick posted:

If it is any consolation, he was heading up to get is 72 virgins never knowing what happened. At that range, he was very likely completely obliterated before his brain had time to process the first sensation. All in all, probably one of the more preferable battlefield deaths.

Yeah, but an actual video of a guy being killed is not really what I'm looking for when I go into the random image thread.
TOS
mmaverick posted:
radarman posted:
mmaverick posted:

Yeah, but an actual video of a guy being killed is not really what I'm looking for when I go into the random image thread.

why do i get the feeling that you wouldn't be complaining if someone else had posted it
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
TOS posted:
mmaverick posted:
radarman posted:
mmaverick posted:

why do i get the feeling that you wouldn't be complaining if someone else had posted it

You're the one who posts that kind of human waste most of the time. Just please stop.

And if somebody else has done it, you can stop too, whoever you are.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Funny how You Tube is loaded up with snuff vids but bans sexually explicit vids.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Family values.
TOS
Pariah posted:
Funny how You Tube is loaded up with snuff vids but bans sexually explicit vids.

well that's just the media in general ... you can blow people's brains out in a spray of blood and bone but god forbid someone display a hint of a woman's nipple
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
If it were yours, would you have it cut ?
user Stupid cockwomble
was that a dick joke?
I certainly didn't think it was remotely close to that until you brought it up.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
user posted:
was that a dick joke?

:lol:
Treasured but stolen (in 2013) vest is found displayed at Macy's in NYC.

Sometime before 2013 (on the guy on the left):

At Macy's now:

The vest had become so well known in punk circles that the drummer for the Maniaks saw a picture of it posted on someone else's Facebook page when contacted the original owner.
Last week or so Kanye launched a zine or something wearing this denim jacket:

which I immediately recognized from the photo used on this album cover:

Zika is much more of a problem for men than women. This article was an eye-opener for me. I had no idea. This will likely make it even more tragic in the future. sigh

TOS
Kirk posted:
Zika is much more of a problem for men than women. This article was an eye-opener for me. I had no idea. This will likely make it even more tragic in the future. sigh

another aspect that's received little attention: in many countries subject to the outbreak, people are being urged to hold off on having kids (el salvador for instance suggests waiting for two years), but years of intense activism by religious groups have made contraception extremely hard to come by

kinda sounds like what happened in africa for years, yeah? hopefully this won't result in the same nightmare

and of course like hiv/aids back in the day, there's no cure in sight

this could really be devastating
Gah, sometimes I hate CNN's site. Anyone else seeing a dark grey text set on a black background? All but unreadable.

Basically the problem is that the Zika virus can reside in men's semen for a currently unknown period even after they had become ill and gone through the illness (and, of course, the degree of symptoms vary widely from person to person so a man could have become infected with Zika but only displayed symptoms resembling a light cold). During that time he can pass the virus to his female partner who then can become infected if she hadn't been so before, but even if a woman's immune system kicks in and prevents HER from becoming infected, the virus could still infect an impregnated egg which will not have the woman's protection.

Thus the recommendation that any man who has been in any area which is having an outbreak of Zika should wear condoms to prevent its spread, at least until we can get a better understanding of how long the virus can reside in a man's semen.
Someone in Chicago has recreated a Van Gogh painting in full scale and is offering a night's stay in it on Airbnb at $10/night:

When I checked, it had been booked through February 2019.

The Art Institute in Chicago has one of the versions of Van Gogh's Bedroom in Arles:

user Stupid cockwomble
Neat! Does it come with an ear?
What's wrong about this?

Pariah Know Your Enemy
TOS posted:
Kirk posted:

another aspect that's received little attention: in many countries subject to the outbreak, people are being urged to hold off on having kids (el salvador for instance suggests waiting for two years), but years of intense activism by religious groups have made contraception extremely hard to come by

kinda sounds like what happened in africa for years, yeah? hopefully this won't result in the same nightmare

Just a few more deaths to add to the hundreds of millions killed by religious dogma.
ukimalefu posted:
What's wrong about this?

At ThinkGeek.com they admit their mistake but they promise that if there is a demand for this then they will rename it to something like "Paleontology Soap".
TOS
Pariah posted:
TOS posted:
Kirk posted:

Just a few more deaths to add to the hundreds of millions killed by religious dogma.

alas
DEyncourt posted:
ukimalefu posted:
What's wrong about this?

At ThinkGeek.com they admit their mistake but they promise that if there is a demand for this then they will rename it to something like "Paleontology Soap".

I went there but didn't find that.
ukimalefu posted:
DEyncourt posted:
ukimalefu posted:
What's wrong about this?

I went there but didn't find that.

I thought the thing that was wrong about that was that I dint see any humans with dem their dinosaurs :p
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 500, 501, 502, 503, 504, 505, 506 ... 913