The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 497, 498, 499, 500, 501, 502, 503 ... 913
Online now: juice, maurvir, Pariah, Yori
radarman posted:

For non-locals: Palos Verdes Hills is a "ritzier" district of LA built mostly on the hillsides of a small would-be island (had the Pacific been about 50 feet higher). Not uncommon in some parts to have rather windy driveways off of twisty streets that loops up/down the hill to where the house/garage sits, so a car that ends up on a rooftop isn't quite THAT unusual.
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
radarman posted:
She's doing kegels.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
One time I was working on something while barefoot and I needed a place to put a small rubber band. I put it around one of my toes and then forgot about it and went to bed. When I woke up, the circulation to my toe had been cut off and it was in bad shape. I removed the rubber band and massaged the toe, and within a few minutes it went back to normal, but it was really terrifying.
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
"Swords and Suckery" ?
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Geesie posted:

Commit suicide RIGHT at the moment of climax--kinky as can get.
New Horizons finds that Pluto has water icebergs which float upon the nitrogen ice plains:

Similar to how icebergs on Earth float on bodies of water on Earth, these water icebergs are less dense that the nitrogen ice and thus eventually float up to the top of these plains in the very slow cycling within the nitrogen ice oceans. A collection of these water icebergs make up the Challenger Colles, apparently a shallow spot in the nitrogen ice oceans where a bunch of water icebergs have "run aground".
Kirk posted:

Officials now believe that this was an attempted suicide-bombing that went awry when the bomb detonated early at too low an atltitude. Investigators believe that the passenger carried a bomb hidden inside his laptop bag (inside his laptop?). He was killed by being sucked out of the jet by the explosion (if not by the explosion itself) and was the only death (there were two injuries).

Investigators are theorizing that this passenger had selected his seat with the intention of getting as close to the jet-fuel-filled wings as possible, and that had the explosion happened at cruising altitude instead of about 13 K feet then it would have created a larger hole in the fuselage and more probably breached the fuel tank and/or caused sufficient damage for the wing to fail.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Danny Hillis' nightmare?
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
TOS
this is how uki comes back to us

by hurting our brains
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
YAY! When I saw that I knew it was uki!

Why aren't the sharks swimming?
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
They wouldn't be flying sharks if they were swimming.
Once upon a time, this was the best, most amazing graphics any personal computer could make. It really felt like the future.

Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
ukimalefu posted:
Once upon a time, this was the best, most amazing graphics any personal computer could make. It really felt like the future.

Oh come on, this was done on a Commodore 64:
iufli.gif
Metacell posted:
ukimalefu posted:

iufli.gif

I can't believe that.

Apple II 4eva!
user Stupid cockwomble
Commodore was ahead of it's time with graphics - I nearly got an Amiga instead of a Mac.
ukimalefu posted:
Metacell posted:
ukimalefu posted:

iufli.gif

I can't believe that.

Apple II 4eva!

Oh that was not a B/W mac? I take it back. In 1979 that was true. My uncle had a structured strawing program on the Apple II that was amazing. In a way, the mac was a huge step back, graphically.
user posted:
Commodore was ahead of it's time with graphics - I nearly got an Amiga instead of a Mac.

An Amiga was a very different thing from a Commodore 64
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
user posted:

I used an Amiga at my first coffee roasting job. The only thing I remember is that it took over an hour to get a single print out of the laser printer.
TOS
vicious dog ... should be outlawed!

DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
ukimalefu posted:

Horny goat has balls
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
Having lived with goats, this is a great idea. I wish we would have thought of it.

I love goats, BTW, they're like dogs with horns.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 497, 498, 499, 500, 501, 502, 503 ... 913