The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 919
Online now: Google [Bot]
Post Reply
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
User avatar
Séamas Honorary Consul General
User avatar
I fear that zombies will see that sign and start getting boats.
Then get a bigger boat, you're gonna need it.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
User avatar
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
User avatar
Duran Duran covers the Blade runner soundtrack?

yeah, I know it's a link
blurt mundus vult decipi
User avatar
Isn't this the sort of thing which usually makes you wince? Because I'm thinking effective gene pool cleansing at work.
Yes, it's the Brentardo Effect.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
User avatar
Freakout Jackson Chillin' with mah trollees™
User avatar
rjprice wrote:
Image

Isn't that like seeing a Zune in the wild and you're more surprised by it being owned by someone?
Freakout Jackson Chillin' with mah trollees™
User avatar
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
Yes, it's the Brentardo Effect.


I see what you did there

Image
AND it lights up:

Image
Wow! That's got to be an artist's rendering, right? It's just too perfect.
Not sure, I didn't read the details. But yeah, that's why I posted that one. it looks like an artist's rendering.
You know what, now I'm not so sure. It's from the Solar Dynamics Observatory, and their gallery is full of similarly spectacular images. I didn't look too hard, but they don't seem to list them as renderings. Indeed they've got a "sun as art" section.
It's technically art but otherwise seems to be photos combined and spruced up a little. They seem to make out that it's not much different than a false colour image.
From the SDO's "Sun as Art" section:
Quote:
Most images were taken in extreme ultraviolet wavelength of light. Many images are presented with no manipulation at all; in some, only color tables are altered; in the more inventive ones, pieces were cut and moved around.

Freakout Jackson Chillin' with mah trollees™
User avatar
Nini wrote:
It's technically art....

That makes inverse sense.
DEyncourt wrote:
From the SDO's "Sun as Art" section:
Quote:
Most images were taken in extreme ultraviolet wavelength of light. Many images are presented with no manipulation at all; in some, only color tables are altered; in the more inventive ones, pieces were cut and moved around.


Aha, there we go.

A really neat little program operating without fanfare and doing good work.
Oh yeah but I get told I'm wrong, screw you Fodge.
Is that an offer?
Nini wrote:
Oh yeah but I get told I'm wrong, screw you Fodge.


I'm afraid it doesn't warrant getting you on the "Do Not Troll" list.
Freakout Jackson Chillin' with mah trollees™
User avatar
Kirk wrote:
Is that an offer?

To the right suitor... ;)

Shnicky-Poo wrote:
Nini wrote:
Oh yeah but I get told I'm wrong, screw you Fodge.


I'm afraid it doesn't warrant getting you on the "Do Not Troll" list.

I don't think I'm on his "Yes Troll These" books either.
Nini wrote:
Kirk wrote:
Is that an offer?

To the right suitor... ;)

Shnicky-Poo wrote:
Nini wrote:
Oh yeah but I get told I'm wrong, screw you Fodge.


I'm afraid it doesn't warrant getting you on the "Do Not Troll" list.

I don't think I'm on his "Yes Troll These" books either.


That's a problem?
blurt mundus vult decipi
User avatar
Ooooh ... my stomach ...
sturner Ancient Soldier
User avatar
Aaron_R wrote:
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
Grenadine, Bailey's and peach Schnapps:

Image

You ordered a bloody flem

That's a Bloody Phlem.
sturner Ancient Soldier
User avatar
Kirk wrote:
Is that an offer?

You misunderstand. It's only an offer to get screwed by Fodge. :evil:
Freakout Jackson Chillin' with mah trollees™
User avatar
juice Inadvertently correct
User avatar
:cry: It's... beautiful... :drool:
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
User avatar
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
User avatar
rjprice wrote:
Image


Imagine the card catalog !
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic
Post Reply

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 919