The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

How's life?
User avatar
obvs
Posts: 27719
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:44 pm
Title: Socialist isn't an epithet;it's a badge.

Post by obvs »

DEyncourt wrote:
obvs wrote:
ukimalefu wrote:
obvs wrote:
radarman wrote: [img]beach%20girl[/img]
I know the picture's about her ruined iPad, but she's cute.


You must really like her (or Apple really rules at marketing, or both), because that's a laptop.
Or I couldn't distinguish the bottom of the device from the sand because of my problems with colors and only saw the screen and a shadow.

:shrug:

Weelllll, there is the "problem" of what is holding up her tablet. I guess a post or a small rock could have been hidden from the camera, but she is just holding down the keyboard of that laptop.
That's not a problem. I thought it was sitting in the sand. Things can be set in the sand in such a way that they stand straight up.

Or I'm lying. And if you're going to say that I'm lying then please tell me what reason I might have had for lying and why I would say iPad if I most certainly knew that it was some kind of MacBook. I would love to hear the reasoning behind that.
User avatar
dv
Posts: 30680
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:42 pm

Post by dv »

obvs wrote:
DEyncourt wrote:
obvs wrote:
ukimalefu wrote:
obvs wrote:
radarman wrote: [img]beach%20girl[/img]
I know the picture's about her ruined iPad, but she's cute.


You must really like her (or Apple really rules at marketing, or both), because that's a laptop.
Or I couldn't distinguish the bottom of the device from the sand because of my problems with colors and only saw the screen and a shadow.

:shrug:

Weelllll, there is the "problem" of what is holding up her tablet. I guess a post or a small rock could have been hidden from the camera, but she is just holding down the keyboard of that laptop.
That's not a problem. I thought it was sitting in the sand. Things can be set in the sand in such a way that they stand straight up.

Or I'm lying. And if you're going to say that I'm lying then please tell me what reason I might have had for lying and why I would say iPad if I most certainly knew that it was some kind of MacBook. I would love to hear the reasoning behind that.


You're on the internet, so you must be lying.
Image
User avatar
TOS
Posts: 39386
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Post by TOS »

Image
"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
User avatar
jkahless
Posts: 6414
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:09 pm
Title: Custom Title

Post by jkahless »

Kirk wrote: Image


That's just goddamn sad.
User avatar
maurvir
Posts: 25358
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:13 pm
Title: Steamed meat popsicle

Post by maurvir »

jkahless wrote:
Kirk wrote: Image


That's just goddamn sad.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_in_ ... th_Century
User avatar
maurvir
Posts: 25358
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:13 pm
Title: Steamed meat popsicle

Post by maurvir »

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
ukimalefu
Posts: 44200
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:52 pm
Title: want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Location: Failed State

Post by ukimalefu »

Image
User avatar
maurvir
Posts: 25358
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:13 pm
Title: Steamed meat popsicle

Post by maurvir »

Image

SALISBURY, Md. (CBS Baltimore) — It may not be so easy to pry an excited little boy away from his new Pokemon card set, but it turns out one grown man can allegedly get violent if you touch his prized collection.

That’s apparently the case for 29-year-old Kyle T. Burford, who police arrested on Dec. 22 after they say he assaulted his 5-year-old nephew for playing with his Pokemon cards. According to a release from the Wicomico County Sheriff’s Office, after Burford made the discovery, he allegedly struck the boy so hard he knocked him off his feet and into a wall.


:roll:
User avatar
maurvir
Posts: 25358
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:13 pm
Title: Steamed meat popsicle

Post by maurvir »

Image

Level of difficulty: Order a glass of water
User avatar
maurvir
Posts: 25358
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:13 pm
Title: Steamed meat popsicle

Post by maurvir »

Image
User avatar
maurvir
Posts: 25358
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:13 pm
Title: Steamed meat popsicle

Post by maurvir »

Image
User avatar
DukeofNuke
Posts: 33304
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:33 pm
Title: FREE RADICAL
Location: Scintillating!

Post by DukeofNuke »

"Chemical Warfare attacks won't stop your daily childcare routine with our new CBW resistant prams!"
intellectual/hipster/nihilist

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts."
-Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan
User avatar
Kirk
Posts: 25939
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:09 pm
Location: SLO

Post by Kirk »

radarman wrote: Image

oooh nice, I want one
User avatar
Kirk
Posts: 25939
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:09 pm
Location: SLO

Post by Kirk »

Image
Farmerkev
Posts: 11956
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by Farmerkev »

jkahless wrote:
Kirk wrote: Image


That's just goddamn sad.


Why do you say that?
If a boat is a hole in the water you throw money in, do you really want your ship to come in?
User avatar
jkahless
Posts: 6414
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:09 pm
Title: Custom Title

Post by jkahless »

Farmerkev wrote:
jkahless wrote:
Kirk wrote: Image


That's just goddamn sad.


Why do you say that?


The undervaluing of the arts and humanities.
User avatar
Kirk
Posts: 25939
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:09 pm
Location: SLO

Post by Kirk »

I've been telling you guys for years to get STEM degrees.
It took a chart to be clear?
Last edited by Kirk on Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farmerkev
Posts: 11956
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by Farmerkev »

jkahless wrote:
Farmerkev wrote:
jkahless wrote:
Kirk wrote: Image


That's just goddamn sad.


Why do you say that?


The undervaluing of the arts and humanities.


I would further engage in this philosophical discussion but there's no money in it.
If a boat is a hole in the water you throw money in, do you really want your ship to come in?
User avatar
Kirk
Posts: 25939
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:09 pm
Location: SLO

Post by Kirk »

hah
User avatar
Kirk
Posts: 25939
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:09 pm
Location: SLO

Post by Kirk »

Yeah that's awesome
I'm amazed how much dirt is entrained up high in the funnel.
User avatar
jkahless
Posts: 6414
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:09 pm
Title: Custom Title

Post by jkahless »

Kirk wrote: I've been telling you guys for years to get STEM degrees.
It took a chart to be clear?


My point exactly.
DEyncourt
Posts: 17395
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:38 am

Post by DEyncourt »

Hmm...a trivial point on the relative uniqueness of that tornado in that pic--did you spot it?

[spoiler]It is anti-cyclonic, meaning if you were to look down the funnel from the top it is turning clockwise. About 99% of all tornadoes in the US turn in the other direction.[/spoiler]
User avatar
Ribtor
Posts: 9363
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by Ribtor »

I wonder if the NG photographer got canned.
Pyke notte thy nostrellys
User avatar
DukeofNuke
Posts: 33304
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:33 pm
Title: FREE RADICAL
Location: Scintillating!

Post by DukeofNuke »

radarman wrote: Image

Level of difficulty: Order a glass of water


Make it to the bathroom, and back.
intellectual/hipster/nihilist

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts."
-Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan
User avatar
TOS
Posts: 39386
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Post by TOS »

DukeofNuke wrote:
radarman wrote: Image

Level of difficulty: Order a glass of water


Make it to the bathroom, and back.


have some wine without getting a seizure
"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
DEyncourt
Posts: 17395
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:38 am

Post by DEyncourt »

Ribtor wrote: I wonder if the NG photographer got canned.

Um, were you referring to my post immediately above yours?
User avatar
Ribtor
Posts: 9363
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by Ribtor »

DEyncourt wrote:
Ribtor wrote: I wonder if the NG photographer got canned.

Um, were you referring to my post immediately above yours?


No. NG called in their assignment photographers in from the field and announced lay offs and firings after the takeover by Murdoch's media corp.
Pyke notte thy nostrellys
DEyncourt
Posts: 17395
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:38 am

Post by DEyncourt »

Ribtor wrote:
DEyncourt wrote:
Ribtor wrote: I wonder if the NG photographer got canned.

Um, were you referring to my post immediately above yours?


No. NG called in their assignment photographers in from the field and announced lay offs and firings after the takeover by Murdoch's media corp.

Ah, OK.

In any case that NG photo contest took in submissions which presumably excluded NG (former) staffers.
User avatar
maurvir
Posts: 25358
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:13 pm
Title: Steamed meat popsicle

Post by maurvir »

Image
User avatar
DukeofNuke
Posts: 33304
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:33 pm
Title: FREE RADICAL
Location: Scintillating!

Post by DukeofNuke »

Isn't he retired?
as in "Hindsight is 20/20" ?
intellectual/hipster/nihilist

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts."
-Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan
User avatar
maurvir
Posts: 25358
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:13 pm
Title: Steamed meat popsicle

Post by maurvir »

Image
User avatar
maurvir
Posts: 25358
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:13 pm
Title: Steamed meat popsicle

Post by maurvir »

Image
DEyncourt
Posts: 17395
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:38 am

Post by DEyncourt »

DukeofNuke wrote: Isn't he retired?
as in "Hindsight is 20/20" ?

Yes, Waterson is retired, but Gavin Aung Than of Zen Pencils is not.
User avatar
Geesie
Posts: 26077
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:18 am
Title: Couldn't hit it sideways
Location: Searching for my mainline

Post by Geesie »

DEyncourt wrote:
DukeofNuke wrote: Isn't he retired?
as in "Hindsight is 20/20" ?

Yes, Waterson is retired, but Gavin Aung Than of Zen Pencils is not.


Sadly.

Image
Image
User avatar
Kirk
Posts: 25939
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:09 pm
Location: SLO

Post by Kirk »

Image
User avatar
Metacell
Posts: 11130
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:58 am
Title: Chocolate Brahma
Location: Lidsville
Contact:

Post by Metacell »

No Wai!!! All hail the resurrection of the Naga King!!!!
Remember, people, to forgive is divine. In other words, it ain't human.
User avatar
ukimalefu
Posts: 44200
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:52 pm
Title: want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Location: Failed State

Post by ukimalefu »

User avatar
juice
Posts: 12076
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:26 am
Title: Inadvertently correct

Post by juice »

Too symmetrical to be the Falcon.
User avatar
j_tso
Posts: 1227
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:46 am
Location: Austin, TX

Post by j_tso »

Looks more like Serenity
Post Reply