The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 471, 472, 473, 474, 475, 476, 477 ... 913
Online now: Google [Bot]
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
Couldn't you make your own for that cost?
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
obvs posted:

If you could, you wouldn't need to in the first place. These are for people whose GI tract doesn't have enough beneficial/symbiotic bacteria.
I'm aware of what they're for. They're to help prevent things like C. diff complications, but an Amazon search for empty pills brings up a bunch of options for $20 or less, and I can't imagine that it would be too difficult to collect (other people's) fecal matter to put into the pills.

I mean, yeah, gross, but...
obvs posted:
I'm aware of what they're for. They're to help prevent things like C. diff complications, but an Amazon search for empty pills brings up a bunch of options for $20 or less, and I can't imagine that it would be too difficult to collect (other people's) fecal matter to put into the pills.

You know, there are some things I'm willing to do myself. Change the oil in my lawn mower, grill my own steaks, mow the grass, paint the windows and trim on the house. Then there are things I'm okay with paying someone else for. This definitely falls under the latter category.
dv
obvs posted:

I mean, yeah, gross, but...

There's likely some processing involved - some bacteria you can take in through your upper GI tract, some you best shouldn't.

I have heard of enemas with more-or-less untreated donor stool having a similar effect.
Saw this comment on Ars. It was too good not to share:

Quote:
Will insurance cover these treatments? I know a lot of policies don't cover human waste.

mmaverick my steady systematic decline
Warin posted:
There are never enough IHoPs. At least not until there is one in Kamloops. :D

You have passeks and the Amsterdam. You have all your breakfast bases covered!
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
obvs posted:

Sometimes the process involves finding a donor. Also, bringing in a new blender.
TOS
radarman posted:

= blueprint for hell
dv
TOS posted:
radarman posted:

= blueprint for hell

Hey, if you don't grow up, get married, and have kids, why NOT live like a college student?

*gag*
TOS
radarman posted:

that's christie brinkley? nowadays? that's nuts
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
dv posted:
TOS posted:
radarman posted:

= blueprint for hell

Hey, if you don't grow up, get married, and have kids, why NOT live like a college student?

*gag*

I could live nicely in something like that.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
radarman posted:

user Stupid cockwomble
arkayn posted:
dv posted:
TOS posted:
radarman posted:

= blueprint for hell

*gag*

I probably will if I'm lucky.
That recent submarine missile test as seen from the Salton Sea:

For some reason when I'm looking at this it runs through its animation only three times before stopping on the end frame. All of the pictures and the above collective GIF can be seen here at the photographer's site.

Be sure to read the Bad Astronomer's comments where he explains the photographer's shift in exposure time (which you can see by how EVERYTHING jumps out in frame 5 of the animated GIF) gives the impression of the missile exhaust trail "exploding".
TOS
holy crap, no wonder people thought it was an alien invasion
Well, if you've never seen a missile launch before, I can understand that sentiment.
Brains for your drone.
One time I watched (from my home) a missile launch from Vandenberg AFB to Kwajalein Atoll. MOST of the time such launches happen around sunset so the sky is still bright and you can see the rocket contrail across the sky which will last for a long time as it gets pushed around in different directions by various levels in the atmosphere like this:

THIS one was different because for some reason the launch was delayed by a few hours so that it was full dark in LA when the missile went up. This happened to be the FIRST time I had ever seen a launch from Vandenberg from the start (all other times I had seen only contrails like the above pic). I could see the dot of the missile's exhaust going up into the sky in the usual location in the sky when it got far enough west that the missile was lit by the Sun (by then it was too high to leave a contrail). THEN it got interesting. I got to see both missile stages separate so that over time the first stage separation bloomed out into a perfect circle of white about 15º across, followed by the second stage separation which bloomed out into another brighter circle about 3º across about 15º off the top of the first circle before both eventually faded after about 20 minutes. Such stage blooms are impossible to see for any launches around sunset because the sky would be much too bright. For East Coast launches they would have to be done maybe two or three hours before sunrise for such stage blooms to be seen.

Unfortunately I was so entranced by this sky show that I didn't run back into my house to get a camera to take any pictures.

Last edited by DEyncourt on Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:53 pm.

Yup and thanks for the pic
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Kirk posted:
Brains for your drone.

Smart drones huh?

I'm thinking more of installing one on my car that can rise up 100 ft and tell me what's causing the traffic jam I'm stuck in, then autoland on a pad on my roof even if the car starts moving again.
I want a drone that can pick me up and fly me home in a straight line. Traffic jam be damned.
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
I want one that can launch a Hellfire at the semi that's going 65 in the passing lane in order to pass the semi going 64.
In a 70 zone.
TOS
i want one that will pop out and get me junk food

bonus points for doing laundry and/or cleaning the kitchen
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
I want the flying car tech from Back to the Future.

That should get me home in about 15 minutes or so.
TOS
i'll take that too

but mine will need to have some aerial cannons mounted for the other drivers

preferably one of those buzzsaws they have on the a-10
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
TOS posted:
i'll take that too

The avenger is longer than your current vehicle.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GAU-8_Avenger
justine Elitist Beer Lover
TOS
arkayn posted:
TOS posted:
i'll take that too

The avenger is longer than your current vehicle.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GAU-8_Avenger

fine by me if it protrudes
justine Elitist Beer Lover
TOS
yay canada! smile, uncouth individuals!
I don't see the U.S. on that.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 471, 472, 473, 474, 475, 476, 477 ... 913