The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 456, 457, 458, 459, 460, 461, 462 ... 912
Online now: Google [Bot], juice, ukimalefu
TOS
he's earned a little arm candy
Hey now, LA is one of the lower numbers.
juice Inadvertently correct
I think you'll do fine out there. ;)
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
user Stupid cockwomble
I'll watch the last one.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
justine Elitist Beer Lover
radarman posted:

I read about this. Was it insulation?
justine Elitist Beer Lover
I should have thought of this. :( Its dead simple and will very likely become ubiquitous. Nicolai Tesla's wireless power scheme will come to fruition!

Last edited by Kirk on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:39 pm.

Tokyo DisneySea

There is a Tokyo Disneyland, but DisneySea is what Disney park aficiondos call a "second gate" (so Disney's California Adventure is a second gate for the original Disneyland, and Epcot Center is a second gate for DisneyWorld).
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
My brain hurts from just trying to read that. Also I want my 120 seconds back.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Where's the: "Send for me $20 to remove from list your name." ?
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
TOS
chikie The same deviled egg
Ugh, WaPo. Zircons U-Pb dating only accounted for a fraction of the geochronology in that paper. Most of the geochronology is Ar40/Ar39 dating of plagioclase, which is much more plentiful in basalts like those making up the Deccan Traps.

Besides that they're still drastically arm-waving.
So not as cut and dried as purported, got it. You wouldn't happen to have a link to the official paper on it?
chikie The same deviled egg
Its linked to in the WaPo article, but you'll need a institutional subscription to Science probably.

I looked at it because their mention of zircons (in flood basalts) made me do a double take. They're extremely rare in that type of rock and I would not expect it to be the primary form of dating (and it wasn't).

But they try to show an acceleration in eruption rates within 50,000 years of the Chixalub impact based on some holey data. I'm still not convinced and probably will never be convinced that there's some sort of physical interplay between the Chixalub impact and the Deccan Traps. I can buy that they both contributed to the KT extinction event, but independent of each other.
A series of trading cards created in 1902 showing women in future "fantastical jobs" like lawyer and policewoman:

and many showing décolletage and a lot of bare arms like the above. Specifically the second set entitled "Les Femmes de l’avenir" ("The Women of the Future") at the link above. Text in French.
A version of the London Underground map which also lists an average monthly rental for each of the stops.

The lowest monthy rental is at Hatton Cross--£324--near the far western end of the Piccadilly Line (lower left corner in the above). Hatton Cross Station is literally under the end of the approach to one of the runways at Heathrow Airport which is why the three stops on the Piccadilly Line beyond Hatton Cross are not listed as all three are at terminals within Heathrow.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
DEyncourt posted:
A version of the London Underground map which also lists an average monthly rental for each of the stops.

The lowest monthy rental is at Hatton Cross--£324--near the far western end of the Piccadilly Line (lower left corner in the above). Hatton Cross Station is literally under the end of the approach to one of the runways at Heathrow Airport which is why the three stops on the Piccadilly Line beyond Hatton Cross are not listed as all three are at terminals within Heathrow.

£552 is the next cheapest, in at least 3 spots that I can see.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
That' the real coloration for the monkey? I find that hard to believe. Its a nice photoshop though. ;)
dv
NASA puts up over 8,400 pics from the Project Apollo Archive.

Grumph--Flickr has made it difficult to download so here is screen-capture of one:
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
user Stupid cockwomble
It's a massacre!
TOS
that was one heck of a party, man ... fluffy scored some sweeeeeet 'nip
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 456, 457, 458, 459, 460, 461, 462 ... 912