The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 919
Online now: No visible users
radarman wrote:

Should have had a V-8

New and improved formula has x50 the intake of your daily carcinogens!
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
blurt wrote:

What's the story there?

Odds are storms blew them onto a reef/sandbar.
Orion Mad Cow
ScifiterX wrote:
Shnicky-Poo wrote:
blurt wrote:

What's the story there?

Odds are storms blew them onto a reef/sandbar.

Weren't they using old ships to make artificial reefs to protect the coastline? Keep it from eroding from storm surges?
user Stupid cockwomble
That's what I thought it was.
Yeah, looks like a man-made reef to me.
jkahless Custom Title
Ah, cause it looks somewhat similar to some of the unintentional graveyards but then we did sort borrow the idea from those.
macnuke Afar
Aaron_R wrote:
radarman wrote:

Should have had a V-8

New and improved formula has x50 the intake of your daily carcinogens!

Restaurant Impossible...... the lost episode.

maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
I read this strip and I hear The Piña Colada Song in my head

Pithecanthropus Roast Master
My friends found a red-footed tortoise living in their yard!

DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
ukimalefu wrote:

But, where does the milk come from ?
blurt mundus vult decipi
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
That's actually a big story that's affecting the top ranks of the Communist Party.
Yeah, I don't follow Chinese politics closely but I gather it is one of several scandals being leveraged to make things messy for various party members these days. It all sounds like normal in house political back-stabbing stuff to me, as factions vie for power within the party.

:shrug:

jkahless Custom Title
Shnicky-Poo wrote:

Apparently the woman in green broke 4 ribs and punctured a lung.

stick fiddling morons.
C. Ives Lacks Critical stick fiddling Thinking
jkahless wrote:
Shnicky-Poo wrote:

stick fiddling morons.

So what's the story here?
jkahless Custom Title
Going way too fast and hit a small wake, loosing control. It's a basic combination of a grossly overpowered boat and a operator who doesn't know what he's doing and operating in an incredibly reckless manner.

If I'm going that fast, I'm wearing a crash helmet, a pfd or floater suit that won't be torn off by a high speed crash, i'll be sitting down and holding on. I'll also be throttling way back whenever things get choppy or if there's wake.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
jkahless wrote:
Going way too fast and hit a small wake, loosing control. It's a basic combination of a grossly overpowered boat and a operator who doesn't know what he's doing and operating in an incredibly reckless manner.

If I'm going that fast, I'm wearing a crash helmet, a pfd or floater suit that won't be torn off by a high speed crash, i'll be sitting down and holding on. I'll also be throttling way back whenever things get choppy or if there's wake.

Yeah, but you're a sailor!
macnuke Afar
C. Ives wrote:
jkahless wrote:
Shnicky-Poo wrote:

stick fiddling morons.

So what's the story here?

big boat. small penis.
end of story
blurt mundus vult decipi
sturner Ancient Soldier
Nini wrote:
Yeah... um, uki... I don't know how to tell you this so sit down, this might be a little traumatic.

Ysee... the people on the screen? They're just actors and they play characters... I know but be calm OK, they're just like you and me.

No they aren't. They get paid some big bucks to run around in tights, doing stupid human waste, saying crazy things. Big... bucks.
sturner Ancient Soldier
blurt wrote:

They simply don't believe the charts are really accurate.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
blurt wrote:

Chicken is not vegetarian. Are these people from West Virginia?
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
sturner wrote:
blurt wrote:

They simply don't believe the charts are really accurate.

Don't listen to that damn Tom-Tom; it's never right !
Jean Grey is pretty lame for a girlfriend.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
jkahless wrote:

I am sometimes shocked that there aren't more people killed on the water--that scenario from my experience is just so common.
It's either that or someone overloading a boat.

In NYS there are no licensing requirements. This summer some idiot had 27 people on a 34 foot boat so they could watch fireworks.
Of course all the bays and harbors on Long Island are jam-packed with other boats. The combination of the guy hitting a wake and the fact that the boat was seriously over crowded made the boat capsize--and killed three children.

The thing that bugs me is officials keep saying they "don't know why it happened", while every experienced boater says the boat should have only had 12 people tops.

You don't see as many douchebags operating sailboats. They at least need to have some training.
Séamas wrote:
jkahless wrote:

I am sometimes shocked that there aren't more people killed on the water--that scenario from my experience is just so common.
It's either that or someone overloading a boat.

In NYS there are no licensing requirements. This summer some idiot had 27 people on a 34 foot boat so they could watch fireworks.
Of course all the bays and harbors on Long Island are jam-packed with other boats. The combination of the guy hitting a wake and the fact that the boat was seriously over crowded made the boat capsize--and killed three children.

The thing that bugs me is officials keep saying they "don't know why it happened", while every experienced boater says the boat should have only had 12 people tops.

You don't see as many douchebags operating sailboats. They at least need to have some training.

Also it takes a certain amount of skill to sail. Whereas power boats ... well, skill is required but it's a steering wheel and a throttle.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Is drinking while boating allowed where you live? (anybody)

It's against the law here. You can get a DUI for having a beer while piloting a watercraft.
and there is a Game Warden/Ranger/Conservation Officer type guy on every lake.
jkahless Custom Title
Drinking is definitely not allowed here. In order to operate a vessel with a motor you are required to have a Pleasure Craft Operator Card. The test to get it is practically useless, but it's better than nothing. I think there should be further levels of training necessary for pleasure craft over a certain horsepower and for PWCs, who's operators are notoriously stupid.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 919