The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 445, 446, 447, 448, 449, 450, 451 ... 913
Online now: Majestic-12 [Bot]
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
DEyncourt posted:
user posted:
Dude, scroll up a little.

Glad you included the vile lunchbox image, though.

Meh, there are a number of posts in this thread where whatever picture the poster intended to post is ONLY shown in my browser (Firefox with Javascript disabled) as just the word "Image" without even a link to the original image. The last such case was uki's post here.

Sorry for posting only images in an image thread. That one was about a woman complaining that she didn't see any bears in Yellowstone Park.
user Stupid cockwomble
I've never seen that "Image" placeholder myself. Seems odd that disabling Javascript would have an effect on that. What method do you use to place the image?
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
ukimalefu posted:

Almost as odd as this:

ukimalefu posted:

While that is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've seen all day, I had no idea there was a multi-cartridge adapter for the Atari 2600.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Is that an adapter? I thought it was just a storage rack.
TOS
justine Elitist Beer Lover
This WAS driving around Sac, but now it's on it's way to Burning Man.

freecandy.jpg
TOS posted:
dear sean,

:lol:
ukimalefu posted:
DEyncourt posted:
user posted:
Dude, scroll up a little.

Glad you included the vile lunchbox image, though.

Meh, there are a number of posts in this thread where whatever picture the poster intended to post is ONLY shown in my browser (Firefox with Javascript disabled) as just the word "Image" without even a link to the original image. The last such case was uki's post here.

Sorry for posting only images in an image thread. That one was about a woman complaining that she didn't see any bears in Yellowstone Park.

Sorry, but I wasn't directing anything at YOU in particular. If anything people should note that there are--for some reason, perhaps a site NOT allowing images to go off-site?--and while it doesn't happen frequently for me even in this string, it does happen.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
justine posted:
freecandy.jpg

I just don't understand why no one wants my free candy. It's awesome candy... :cry:
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
Mustapha Mond Daring to be stupid
: kitty joke :
TOS
makin' the library cool again

Pithecanthropus posted:
justine posted:
freecandy.jpg

I just don't understand why no one wants my free candy. It's awesome candy... :cry:

This van was actually reported to the police by a lot of people. Nothing came of it. The cops met with the owners whom didn't live in Sac, and they were leaving that day.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
TOS posted:
makin' the library cool again

A redditor saw this in his local library, tore it down and complained. The staff figured it was just some teen thinking he was funny.
user Stupid cockwomble
That seems overly detailed.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
user posted:
That seems overly detailed.

That is my thinking as well.

I bet it was written after the fact, maybe even recently.
chikie The same deviled egg
You have to remember that New Orleans did NOT suffer from the full force of Katrina. Her eye tracked some 75 miles to the southeast of New Orleans at the closest, so the strongest winds and highest storm surge hit near the mouth of the Mississippi (and--a bit lessened--the Mississippi/Alabama Gulf Coasts a few hours later). Remember that much of the damage produced by "super-storm" Sandy around NYC was not directly from the wind/rain but from the surge that preceded that storm.

On the other hand: we are still at the point that the best predictions that weather forecasters can make will be considered "close" if ANY storm tracks within 100 miles of a predicted path. Whether or not Katrina would have kinked her path and socked New Orleans with a full punch instead of the glancing blow the city got was still a question at the point when that message was issued.

Even though New Orleans got a lesser storm surge, the biggest problems that happened with Katrina were the structural failures in the levees from the additional water pressure. Those levees did NOT get overtopped by the higher waters from that surge (which indeed might have been a problem had New Orleans taken a more direct hit from Katrina).
C. Ives Lacks Critical stick fiddling Thinking
Uranus is odorless? That can't be right.
user Stupid cockwomble
Don't know about urs.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
C. Ives posted:

Thank you. :up:
juice Inadvertently correct
C. Ives posted:

I've met a few people who act as if this is the case.
TOS
TOS
dv
radarman posted:

Holy crap. Not only is that real, but it's $761 a pound!

https://www-s.nist.gov/srmors/quickSearch.cfm
Vandals in St. Petersburg, Russia, destroy a century-old figure of Mephitopheles, calling it "open worship of Satan":

Well, I wouldn't have called it great art:

but still. While one person commented: "If it's true that the bas relief was destroyed for religious reasons, then we are descending into the Middle Ages", a representative of the Russian Orthodox Church did not object to the destruction.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 445, 446, 447, 448, 449, 450, 451 ... 913