The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 437, 438, 439, 440, 441, 442, 443 ... 919
Online now: Google [Bot], j_tso
TOS posted:

Why the hell would they pull it towards themselves and the building?
jkahless Custom Title
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
TOS
Kirk posted:
TOS posted:

Why the hell would they pull it towards themselves and the building?

i think they might be russian
TOS
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
radarman posted:
arctic ocean

:eek:
radarman posted:
slashed truck

did the ghost behind it do that?

::a google search has one of those labeled: "Don't leave the gas pump nozzle in your gas tank." ::
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
ukimalefu posted:
radarman posted:
slashed truck

::a google search has one of those labeled: "Don't leave the gas pump nozzle in your gas tank." ::

That was my though once I looked at it.
TOS
condoms make great sinus floss

TOS
why bring the tree to the wood-chipper?

I've seen that one before. It does seem surreal.
arkayn posted:
ukimalefu posted:
radarman posted:
slashed truck

My thought is that having seen cars and trucks driving around with detached gas pump nozzles (and their hoses up to the pump) still stuck in their gas tank openings is that THAT isn't the explanation for that truck.
Kirk posted:

Wait, was that in response to the "tree-chipper" or the previous image post? :)
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
DEyncourt posted:
arkayn posted:
ukimalefu posted:
radarman posted:
slashed truck

My thought is that having seen cars and trucks driving around with detached gas pump nozzles (and their hoses up to the pump) still stuck in their gas tank openings is that THAT isn't the explanation for that truck.
Wouldn't it depend on the strength of the material the vehicle is made of, the strength of the hose, and the side of the car the pump is on?
DEyncourt posted:
Kirk posted:

Tree chipper. If I ever am responding to a post other than the one immediately above my post, I will give a better reference to make it clear.

The woman working the condom between her nostril and mouth isn't worth responding to.
obvs posted:
DEyncourt posted:
arkayn posted:
ukimalefu posted:
radarman posted:
slashed truck

Wouldn't it depend on the strength of the material the vehicle is made of, the strength of the hose, and the side of the car the pump is on?

I believe that there is a standardized point in the US designed to break off if you drive away with the nozzle still inserted.
user Stupid cockwomble
DEyncourt posted:
arkayn posted:
ukimalefu posted:
radarman posted:
slashed truck

How the hell can someone keep driving down a road with a gas hose flopping behind them?
dv
user posted:
DEyncourt posted:
arkayn posted:
ukimalefu posted:
radarman posted:
slashed truck

How the hell can someone keep driving down a road with a gas hose flopping behind them?

Loud stereo, no situational awareness.
user Stupid cockwomble
Yeesh. Guess I'll consider that a warning flag flying.
obvs posted:
DEyncourt posted:
arkayn posted:
ukimalefu posted:
radarman posted:
slashed truck

Actually, probably not. I think in the US most gas station nozzles and their hoses are designed to break off should someone accidentally drive off with it still inserted (um, as MacAddict4Life wrote).

You can see in some of the pictures in my Google-search link that most of the cars aren't models that one would describe as particularly...um, "tough" in design.
radarman posted:

Maybe one of these got outraged that THAT truck wasn't a Tesla?

Kirk posted:
DEyncourt posted:
Kirk posted:

Tree chipper. If I ever am responding to a post other than the one immediately above my post, I will give a better reference to make it clear.

The woman working the condom between her nostril and mouth isn't worth responding to.

I know, hence the :)

You, too, can hug a warm cloud every morning for only $400.
user Stupid cockwomble
Amazing how much you can pay for a spigot.

However:

Quote:
The main objective is to conserve water—a lot of water.

It's really not a joke.
Eh, fine nozzles need to better engineered so they won't clog or corrode shut, i.e. made from the better grades of stainless steel. There should be a prefilter to trap any crud before it gets to these fine nozzles. I'll look at their website later and see if they've got the engineering done right.

The water savings would be nice, not sure if its worth $400 though.

Last edited by Kirk on Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:22 pm.

juice Inadvertently correct
I await Kirk's verdict.
Sorry but my company's firewall blocks Nebia's web site. Are there semi-nude models or something? It will have to wait for me to get home.

The idea of using finer nozzles is a good one. How they implement it is the important detail here. Though I'll be surprised if there aren't already other company's offering equivalent shower heads, possibly for cheaper. I should probably go check on those options too. I could certainly use a reduction in my monthly water bill and save CA some water.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
From someone who has witnessed it firsthand: the hose on the pump will give out waaaaaay before you could do that kind of damage. Stupid co-worker did it once, gassing up the delivery van was the last thing you did before you parked it and punched out, he didn't even realize the hose was still there until he parked it.
Kirk posted:
Sorry but my company's firewall blocks Nebia's web site. Are there semi-nude models or something? It will have to wait for me to get home.

The idea of using finer nozzles is a good one. How they implement it is the important detail here. Though I'll be surprised if there aren't already other company's offering equivalent shower heads, possibly for cheaper. I should probably go check on those options too. I could certainly use a reduction in my monthly water bill and save CA some water.

The website is wired. No semi-nude models.
juice Inadvertently correct
ukimalefu posted:
Kirk posted:

The website is wired. No semi-nude models.

http://nebia.com/

I didn't watch the video but I saw a bare arm. :shrug:
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
I really am not a fan of the water sensation, so I might actually be willing to pay that premium for that, assuming a well-made product. I'd want to try it out first.
obvs posted:
I really am not a fan of the water sensation, so I might actually be willing to pay that premium for that, assuming a well-made product. I'd want to try it out first.

I'm probably your opposite in terms of water sensation. I prefer strong streams from my showerhead so that "cloud" shower would likely drive me up the wall in that I would get out feeling unclean.
Kirk posted:

It's a spaceship! it fired its engines!
TOS
Kirk posted:

that is so amazing
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 437, 438, 439, 440, 441, 442, 443 ... 919