The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 434, 435, 436, 437, 438, 439, 440 ... 913
Online now: Google [Bot]
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
That's an impressive piece of gear. All the more amazing that they were built close to budget.
TOS
the uss john warner? as in the senator?

and funny how that looks like chinese writing near the nose
TOS
TOS
I've seen that one before. The owner is blowing air from a hair dryer at the dog.
TOS
most epically catastrophic double post in human history

even with broadband that image is loading for me like it's 1993
Mustapha Mond Daring to be stupid
Kirk posted:
MacAddict4Life posted:
Kirk posted:
I suggest making arrangements to extend your stay in Thailand or change your flight plans.

The current forecast has it pretty well clear by Sunday, as I understand it, and a hit on Taiwan is still officially only a 50% probability at best.

A near miss will take out power lines, possibly knock trees down on runways or merely cause some flights to be delayed or rerouted. Why not entirely avoid the risk and change your flight plan now?

Plus Thailand is amazing. Just live there.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
^^wuz gonna' say: now's the time to just disappear.
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
Mustapha Mond posted:
Kirk posted:
MacAddict4Life posted:
Kirk posted:
I suggest making arrangements to extend your stay in Thailand or change your flight plans.

The current forecast has it pretty well clear by Sunday, as I understand it, and a hit on Taiwan is still officially only a 50% probability at best.

A near miss will take out power lines, possibly knock trees down on runways or merely cause some flights to be delayed or rerouted. Why not entirely avoid the risk and change your flight plan now?

You've lived in Thailand?
TOS
Call the British Library if you can decipher the phrase on the sword.
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-new ... 180956147/

juice Inadvertently correct
"in the end, there can be only one"
user Stupid cockwomble
"fiddlesticks the Romans"
Yori Program
"By the power of Grayskull"
jkahless Custom Title
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
radarman posted:

Happy little trees with lots of friends
agedgruel posted:
"in the end, there can be only one"

Where's the like button?

:up:
TOS
Kirk posted:
Call the British Library if you can decipher the phrase on the sword.
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-new ... 180956147/

"lannisters pay their debts"
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
jkahless posted:

Why a yellow bicycle chain?
(that is a Hipster trap, right?)
Mustapha Mond Daring to be stupid
obvs posted:
Mustapha Mond posted:
Kirk posted:
MacAddict4Life posted:
Kirk posted:

Sorry if that was confusing. I meant that he should just live there. My wife and I spent three weeks there for our honeymoon. It's an absolutely incredible place. The people are friendly and helpful everywhere, the food is great, and most of it is beautiful. We traveled all over, and I think the only place I wouldn't go back to was Bangkok.

We also spent a few days in Cambodia, and it seemed great, too. They're still recovering from the genocide, so it was pretty unique experience meeting and talking to so many of the people.
Mustapha Mond posted:
obvs posted:
Mustapha Mond posted:
Kirk posted:
MacAddict4Life posted:
Kirk posted:

Sorry if that was confusing. I meant that he should just live there. My wife and I spent three weeks there for our honeymoon. It's an absolutely incredible place. The people are friendly and helpful everywhere, the food is great, and most of it is beautiful. We traveled all over, and I think the only place I wouldn't go back to was Bangkok.

We also spent a few days in Cambodia, and it seemed great, too. They're still recovering from the genocide, so it was pretty unique experience meeting and talking to so many of the people.

Thailand is nice, but honestly I've enjoyed it less than Indonesia, Malaysia, and even really Taiwan. That's not to say it hasn't been great being here, but I feel like there is more genuine friendliness (rather than tourism and hospitality friendliness) in other places I've visited. Also, there are too many foreigners here (both permanent residents and tourists). It's been hard to feel like I was actually seeing the real place and having genuine experiences here.
Kirk posted:
MacAddict4Life posted:
Kirk posted:

Clearly you don't fly discount carriers... :P

It is looking like it will be a hit over northern Taiwan. However, it is down to Category 3 (from Cat 5). It's also still speeding up, and by the time I fly it should be way out over mainland China.

I could end up delayed or cancelled, but I can work it out if I do. Keep in mind typhoons hitting Taiwan are pretty frequent occurrences. The locals know how to roll with it.
jkahless Custom Title
DukeofNuke posted:
jkahless posted:

Why a yellow bicycle chain?
(that is a Hipster trap, right?)

I presume for a fixie?

Yup.
user Stupid cockwomble
TOS
a neat idea, though fake

i suppose that's "van buren" between 2 and 3?
chikie The same deviled egg
TOS posted:
a neat idea, though fake

Tactics
user Stupid cockwomble
[url][/url]
chikie posted:
TOS posted:
a neat idea, though fake

Tactics

From here. German page I reached from Bethesda Blog. Guess if it was translated it could confirm the legitimacy.
Yeah, and they were considered cutting edge back when too.
TOS
user posted:
[url][/url]
chikie posted:
TOS posted:
a neat idea, though fake

Tactics

From here. German page I reached from Bethesda Blog. Guess if it was translated it could confirm the legitimacy.

i can't imagine the demand for those old games would be sufficient to justify porting them to modern systems
chikie The same deviled egg
you can get the first three (Fallout 1, Fallout 2, Tactics) through GOG.
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
Kirk posted:

Quote:
Fitted on a stylish steel frame, the bike's aluminum downtube splits in two to allow the seat tube to form a steadfast lock around any tree, pole or bike rack. The only way to take it would be to saw through it -- making the bike useless.

...or do what the owner does to put it back in bike form.
Yori Program
11825758_899924510078053_8264629473062955383_n.jpg
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 434, 435, 436, 437, 438, 439, 440 ... 913