The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 426, 427, 428, 429, 430, 431, 432 ... 912
Online now: Bing (sucks), Google [Bot]
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
ukimalefu posted:

Karmann?
Mustapha Mond posted:
TOS posted:

Doesn't that give him eye strain headaches?

I often get migraines from straining my eyes using the computer for art and graphic work.
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
I'm more concerned about where he has his Wacom. That seems uncomfortable.
TOS
well at this point i think the only thing to do is try contacting him with a list of our concerns
user Stupid cockwomble
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
TOS posted:
well at this point i think the only thing to do is try contacting him with a list of our concerns

HE SHOULD BE USING A CINTIQ WHILE WE'RE AT IT
dv
user Stupid cockwomble
jkahless Custom Title
belloq451 in the outlet by the lightswitch.
StaticAge posted:
Mustapha Mond posted:
TOS posted:

I often get migraines from straining my eyes using the computer for art and graphic work.

also it may be the viewing angle but his left monitor looks hell of uncalibrated.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
DukeofNuke posted:
ukimalefu posted:

Karmann?

1953 FIAT 8V SUPERSONIC

Quote:
The coachwork was designed by Giovanni Savonuzzi at Ghia, and sits atop the chassis of an Otto Vu. Under the hood lies an example of the only overhead-valve V-8 that Fiat ever made, completely rebuilt to original specifications during an exhaustive 8-year restoration that also saw the transmission rebuilt, the bodywork smoothed out, the brightwork re-chromed, and the dashboard instruments and gauges restored. Now presented in like-new condition, it might be the best Supersonic left.

TOS
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Quote:
The coachwork was designed by Giovanni Savonuzzi at Ghia

I knew there had to be some shared DNA

TOS
Mustapha Mond Daring to be stupid
StaticAge posted:
Mustapha Mond posted:
TOS posted:

Yeah, I've really been struggling with eyestrain the past few years. I chalk it up to getting older. I've done a bunch of research into how to reduce it, and one of the things I've learned (and which really seems to work) is to not have bright, "projected" light (like light coming through a window) behind your monitor. And you also don't want light behind you so that it creates glare reflecting off your screen. So I've tried setting up my workspace accordingly. I've also set my desktop to very light colors to reduce the degree to which my screen acts like a mirror. For the most part it helps, but I still need to step away regularly. Ugh. (And Apple's mirror-like screens don't help at all.)
TOS
user Stupid cockwomble
The Hunleyovitich.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Mustapha Mond posted:
StaticAge posted:
Mustapha Mond posted:
TOS posted:

Yeah, I've really been struggling with eyestrain the past few years. I chalk it up to getting older. I've done a bunch of research into how to reduce it, and one of the things I've learned (and which really seems to work) is to not have bright, "projected" light (like light coming through a window) behind your monitor. And you also don't want light behind you so that it creates glare reflecting off your screen. So I've tried setting up my workspace accordingly. I've also set my desktop to very light colors to reduce the degree to which my screen acts like a mirror. For the most part it helps, but I still need to step away regularly. Ugh. (And Apple's mirror-like screens don't help at all.)

Have you considered a quick trip to the optometrist ?
DukeofNuke posted:
Mustapha Mond posted:
StaticAge posted:
Mustapha Mond posted:
TOS posted:

Do you mean just to see if I need glasses? Or is there a specific thing they can do regarding eye strain when looking at computer screens?
dv
Mustapha Mond posted:
DukeofNuke posted:
Mustapha Mond posted:
StaticAge posted:
Mustapha Mond posted:
TOS posted:

Do you mean just to see if I need glasses? Or is there a specific thing they can do regarding eye strain when looking at computer screens?

You might benefit from a new/different computer screen, or different lighting around the office.
user Stupid cockwomble
If you "chalk it up to getting older.", then you might need glasses. You may be straining to see the closeup small crap.
TOS
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Mustapha Mond posted:
DukeofNuke posted:
Mustapha Mond posted:
StaticAge posted:
Mustapha Mond posted:
TOS posted:

Either way ...
tinted glasses might help.
I know a guy who carries two pairs of glasses. One is regular progressive lenses and the other is specific to computer screens.
If you wear glasses you know that's not as crazy as it sounds. You get tired of tilting your head back and looking down your nose to see the screen in focus.
Have you tried sunglasses? Or wearing a cap to shade your eyes from the overheads?
Or turning off the overheads altogether?
TOS
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
jkahless Custom Title
DukeofNuke posted:
Mustapha Mond posted:
DukeofNuke posted:
Mustapha Mond posted:
StaticAge posted:
Mustapha Mond posted:
TOS posted:

Either way ...
tinted glasses might help.
I know a guy who carries two pairs of glasses. One is regular progressive lenses and the other is specific to computer screens.
If you wear glasses you know that's not as crazy as it sounds. You get tired of tilting your head back and looking down your nose to see the screen in focus.
Have you tried sunglasses? Or wearing a cap to shade your eyes from the overheads?
Or turning off the overheads altogether?

I had Lasik not too long ago, so I don't need regular glasses anymore. I've heard about special "computer" glasses, which I'm planning to look into. I generally don't use the overheads when I'm at my computer, which helps. As for squinting, I suppose there's a small component of that, but I really think it's mostly glare and sitting in front of projected light for too long. Nothing else gives me any kind of eye strain, so . . .
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
filet-mignon.jpg
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
Did the belt maker get his head cut off?
user Stupid cockwomble
They "fell" down.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
obvs posted:
filet-mignon.jpg

Yes, please.
dv
ukimalefu posted:
:whatthe:

Parents are uncouth individuals.
TOS
if it's for the mechanical bull, i heartily agree

pretty horrifying to think a parent would force their kid to ride one of those things
user Stupid cockwomble
Puts hair on their chests.

girls, too
Pariah Know Your Enemy
TOS posted:
if it's for the mechanical bull, i heartily agree

pretty horrifying to think a parent would force their kid to ride one of those things

I once got into a huge fight with my ex because my youngest was scared of the decrepit looking Santa my ex was determined to get a pic of my daughter with.
TOS
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 426, 427, 428, 429, 430, 431, 432 ... 912