The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 406, 407, 408, 409, 410, 411, 412 ... 913
Online now: Google [Bot], juice, Majestic-12 [Bot]
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
Sorry for staying on topic. sheesh
jkahless Custom Title
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
ukimalefu posted:
grow your own

you're adorable
radarman posted:

Meth is a hell of a drug
Yeah, but think of all the vcrs she fixed.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
user Stupid cockwomble
ukimalefu posted:

Still fuzzy and indistinct.
chikie The same deviled egg
The resolution during the closest approach in july will be 5000x better than it is right now. As it is, these are already the most detailed images of the dwarf planet.
user Stupid cockwomble
That was a John Belushi quote from an SNL skit.

John was complaining, among other things, that the grand Canyon was unimpressive because it was "fuzzy and indistinct". The fact that he refuses to wear glasses is lost on him.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle

This is incredibly cool. Their beer still sucks, though.
This reminds me of an old Monty Python skit. Now we can say Budweiser really is water.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_WRFJwGsbY
radarman posted:

They aren't the only ones and this isn't the first time companies have done this for disaster relief.
I know they are set up for it, they get the charity tax right off and pr advertising but it's still a decent thing to do.
I certainly don't have the ability to provide safe potable water for thousands of people.
dv
Farmerkev posted:
radarman posted:

They aren't the only ones and this isn't the first time companies have done this for disaster relief.
I know they are set up for it, they get the charity tax right off and pr advertising but it's still a decent thing to do.
I certainly don't have the ability to provide safe potable water for thousands of people.

Yup. Coke does it too.

I seem to recall reading that Coke was also piggy-backing medical supplies and other small-but-important stuff into its distribution network. (There are plenty of places where you can get Coke but not drinkable water.) Maybe they were just looking into it, I forget.

Edit: http://philanthropynewsdigest.org/news/ ... le-project
Yup, the first stage of any modern bottling plant is water treatment that exceeds US municipalities standards.

If you thought these were rigged, come forward to claim your prize. Just don't use a claw to claim it...
justine Elitist Beer Lover
texasbugs.jpg
justine Elitist Beer Lover
radarman posted:

Holy crap!

For reference, all of the exits are on the ground level. I repeat, ground level...
But... it works in movies!
ukimalefu posted:

Might have worked for this asshat as well, were it not for those meddling park benches...
radarman posted:
ukimalefu posted:

Might have worked for this asshat as well, were it not for those meddling park benches...

Typical stupid videogame physics. Dude goes through a second floor concrete wall, but is stopped by a park bench? Get real Rockstar games.
I don't think he'd be moving very fast if he made it through the concrete wall . . . . .
Broken bones and bleeding all over everybody yes.
Where's the bubbles?
Séamas Honorary Consul General
I knew there was a banjo mania in the early 20th century, but I have never seen one of those.

When my daughter was 4 she kept talking about wanting a banjo. I searched all over thinking there had GOT to be a child's banjo from that era on E-Bay or in antique stores, but no such luck.
Shoulda gotten her a banjo-uke.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
DEyncourt posted:
From India: [url=http://boingboing.net/2015/05/29/ice-cream-named-after-hitler-i.html]who doesn't want some HITLER Ice Creem Cones?

They've even got Hitler dressed up like Uncle Sam. Now that's a Spy vs. Spy I must have missed.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Geesie posted:
Shoulda gotten her a banjo-uke.

I live within ~50 miles of Brooklyn. Anything that is both a banjo and a uke has been snatched up by a hipster for sure.

I ended up getting her a new inexpensive travel-sized one.
Like most of her instruments, she just plunks it now and then--whenever I offer to to help her to learn to play it, she finds something else to do.
TOS
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 406, 407, 408, 409, 410, 411, 412 ... 913