Nini wrote: Wait... this has happened before except the last time I saw it done, kaboom.
Because you don't blow heated
There are lots of materials which are normally not or not easily combustible but can easily catch fire when turned into an airblown powder. Flour would have been especially bad since that can catch on fire lying in a pile, but it could have been talcum powder. That girl's head could have been engulfed in a ball of flame if there had been just a spark (so not only the heating element inside the hair dryer but just an electrical spark because some connection was made or disconnected).