The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 368, 369, 370, 371, 372, 373, 374 ... 913
Online now: Google [Bot]
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
dv
I didn't think glacial ice was ever that clear.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
TOS posted:
Geesie posted:

well that sure took a turn

About once every 5 years people get amazed at Photoshop, why?
user Stupid cockwomble
Kirk posted:

It's his drink.
sean Royal Wombat
Kirk posted:

It is when the iceberg flips over, exposing the side that isn't covered in snow and hasn't bee abraded by the wind.
user Stupid cockwomble
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
TOS
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
TOS posted:
Geesie posted:

well that sure took a turn

Actually, Gosling doesn't look half bad ...
TOS
don't laugh, it's art

Mustapha Mond Daring to be stupid
Everybody poops.
TOS
well, almost everybody

ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
TOS posted:
well, almost everybody

Ziggy Stardust poops glitter.
Japanese maker creates portable desk that allows the user to set up a laptop over a bed (among other places):

The desk part can swing around its arm so this could be used as an above-the-lap desk (so, as such, more useful in a Japanese household):

TOS
user Stupid cockwomble
Carpet matches the drapes, eh?
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
TOS posted:
Donkey Butter posted:
TOS posted:
Donkey Butter posted:
TOS posted:
i have a brother-in-law with a heli-skiing business

he has stories

whereabouts is this brother in law, and will he give me a discount?

british columbia, and seeing as he said no to me, i kinda doubt it (in fairness he does have a lot of overhead)

well it was worth asking. I'm headed out west this winter for some snowboarding so it may have been worth a slight detour to do some help-boarding

you should look up mmav! he's got mad powder in his neck of the woods, i hear

Been busy (and now injured) so I haven't been around much at all but yeah. Lots of powder and lots of heliskiing here. I hear it's supposed to be he best in NA and some of the best on the planet.
TOS
TOS
wtf did i just watch
Pariah Know Your Enemy
TOS posted:

When I was a kid we had a Great Dane that used to collect over stuffed mouthfuls of dirty socks.
TOS posted:
wtf did i just watch

If you don't have KSP, log onto steam and buy it. Now :)
The man pictured here walked out of a crash crushing his truck between 2 semis needing only a couple of bandages and some ice:

His truck after being freed from the crash: Oops, sorry--from the description this may be just another vehicle involved (there were about 50):

About 100 people were involved with a dozen requiring hospitalization but there were no deaths.
TOS
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Metacell posted:

That was a great show
and he drove a Sunbeam Tiger
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
DEyncourt posted:
About 100 people were involved with a dozen requiring hospitalization but there were no deaths.

A dear friend of mine lost both her parents in a multi-car pileup due to dense fog. I'm glad no one was killed here.
I haven't needed to drive in foggy conditions in a long time, decades. With all the horror stories, I think I'd just pull WAY off the road and wait it out the next time I find myself in that situation.
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
I drove through terrifying fog on Christmas Eve. It was so thick that I could see barely see the lights from the car in front of me, and could *barely* see a dash or two on the road. There was a big lighted sign that said "dense fog advisory". I was like "Gee, thanks. I hadn't noticed."
In the median of i40, between Little Rock and Conway, the bones of about two-dozen cattle are buried under the grass. How do I know? Because I was only an hour or so from seeing them buried.

The weekend before I started college, my dad and I were driving to Fayetteville to move me into the dorm. That morning, about 5 or so, a ridiculously thick fog moved across the Arkansas river valley into the lowland area between LR and Conway. It moved so fast that almost no one saw it coming, and there was a multi-car pileup mostly involving tractor trailer rigs (including a cattle carrier) The fog was mostly gone by the time we got there about 9 in the morning, but we had to wait for hours until they managed to clear one of the lanes.

Turns out there was a minivan in the wreckage that they didn't find until later that day, because it had been in the middle of the mess. There was so little left of it that they had to use the VIN number of figure out what it had been.
TOS
there's always a certain percentage of pricks who refuse to slow down in bad conditions ... i really feel they're the ones who cause most of the world's pileups
Company in China uses 3D printing to create 5-story apartment buildings and assorted homes.

An example of a wall unit's design:

The exterior of an apartment building:

One of the nicer homes:

According to the article this home cost about US$161,000.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 368, 369, 370, 371, 372, 373, 374 ... 913