The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 366, 367, 368, 369, 370, 371, 372 ... 912
Online now: Google [Bot]
TOS
couldn't he have just worn a condom?
Gynandromorph cardinal studied:

Quote:
Observers got to follow this bird, however, for more than 40 days between December 2008 and March 2010. They documented how it interacted with other birds and even how it responded to recorded calls. The results suggest being half-and-half carries consequences: The cardinal didn’t appear to have a mate, and observers never heard it sing, the researchers report this month in The Wilson Journal of Ornithology. On the other hand, it wasn’t “subjected to any unusual agonistic behaviors from other cardinals,” according to the paper.

By the last quote they probably meant that because the northern cardinal is a territorial bird, other cardinal pairs would chase this one out of their territories like they would any other cardinal.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
How long until they put it in the next angry birds game?
user Stupid cockwomble
DEyncourt posted:
Gynandromorph cardinal studied:

Quote:
Observers got to follow this bird, however, for more than 40 days between December 2008 and March 2010. They documented how it interacted with other birds and even how it responded to recorded calls. The results suggest being half-and-half carries consequences: The cardinal didn’t appear to have a mate, and observers never heard it sing, the researchers report this month in The Wilson Journal of Ornithology. On the other hand, it wasn’t “subjected to any unusual agonistic behaviors from other cardinals,” according to the paper.

By the last quote they probably meant that because the northern cardinal is a territorial bird, other cardinal pairs would chase this one out of their territories like they would any other cardinal.
It's Little Horse!

He's special.
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
ukimalefu posted:

TOS posted:

maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Geesie posted:
ukimalefu posted:

TOS posted:

Condoms aren't 100% effective against pregnancy and STDs. That outfit, on the other hand...
TOS
maybe there's just a depth of field issue, but they look like they're a mite close to that launch

considering china's space agency once wiped out an entire village with an errant rocket ...
Yeah, well . . ..
TOS
the new acrua nsx

... and the new ford gt (with a 600hp v6)

sean Royal Wombat
TOS posted:
maybe there's just a depth of field issue, but they look like they're a mite close to that launch

considering china's space agency once wiped out an entire village with an errant rocket ...

It's China.
TOS
those guys are frigging nuts
No, they're just very determined. Nuts would be without safety harnesses.
ow ow ow ow
I hope she didn't break her neck.
and seatbelts! sheesh
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Kirk posted:
rock climbers

Are these the guys that have been in the news? The ones that have ropes, but the ropes are only there in case they fall?
justine posted:
Kirk posted:
rock climbers

Are these the guys that have been in the news? The ones that have ropes, but the ropes are only there in case they fall?

Yes, these are the guys free climbing Half Dome in Yosemite NP.
El Capitan, not Half Dome.
49 "Of The Most Majestic Libraries In The World" (the original title was "50" but for some reason the author of this article failed to notice that the Trinity College Library of Dublin, Ireland, was listed twice in the #1 and #45 slots). Me? I'm split between these:

3. Biblioteca Real Gabinete Portugues De Leitura, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

15. The Iowa State Law Library

24. Vennesla Library, Vennesla, Norway

DEyncourt posted:
49 "Of The Most Majestic Libraries In The World" (the original title was "50" but for some reason the author of this article failed to notice that the Trinity College Library of Dublin, Ireland, was listed twice in the #1 and #45 slots). Me? I'm split between these:

3. Biblioteca Real Gabinete Portugues De Leitura, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

15. The Iowa State Law Library

24. Vennesla Library, Vennesla, Norway

The Prague library has always been my favorite.
user Stupid cockwomble
She keeps her clothes on?
Laser-cut wooden light switches:

The maker of these has many more designs for sale here.
user Stupid cockwomble
Needs to do something about that ugly modern toggle sticking out of it.
juice Inadvertently correct
My cat does that too.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Kirk posted:

Whats the problem with propellers? assuming you're not some kind of Navy nuclear stealth submarine nuclear missile launching platform, or sumthin'
flooddamage.jpg
DukeofNuke posted:
Kirk posted:

Whats the problem with propellers? assuming you're not some kind of Navy nuclear stealth submarine nuclear missile launching platform, or sumthin'

user Stupid cockwomble
DukeofNuke posted:
Kirk posted:

Quote:
It's quiet, too, so it can float near real fish without immediately causing a panic.

...this uniquely shaped rover and its successors could be very helpful for filming and studying undersea life without disturbing the very conditions you're trying to observe.

RTFL :p

I think it's very neat that animal movements are being using in new mechanisms. I've seen a robot arm on PBS designed to work like an elephant's trunk.
TOS
Geesie posted:

lol
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 366, 367, 368, 369, 370, 371, 372 ... 912