The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 365, 366, 367, 368, 369, 370, 371 ... 912
Online now: No visible users
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
radarman posted:

They did
sean Royal Wombat
radarman posted:

Most of those signs are totally insecure, which is why you see them hacked all the time. Still... :up:
Half-male, half-female butterfly:

Note: this is NOT a hermaphrodite because that state is where a being shares both male and female sexual organs but otherwise has the external characteristics of one gender. Rather this is a gynandromorph and is thought to be (because only birds and butterflies have such dramatic physical differences between genders, so a gynandromorphic, say, bear wouldn't be so apparent) much rarer.
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
That's really interesting.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
ukimalefu posted:
justine posted:

Photo realism or biomechanical tat? Both?

He got the wrong thing. He wanted a turbo charger, got an alternator. He should call it biomechanical. I still think it looks cool.

BTW, i'd like to know how the guy got the wrong tattoo. They show you what they're going to do BEFORE they actually do it to make sure you approve.
user Stupid cockwomble
He probably brought in a picture without knowing what it was.
justine posted:
ukimalefu posted:
justine posted:

He got the wrong thing. He wanted a turbo charger, got an alternator. He should call it biomechanical. I still think it looks cool.

BTW, i'd like to know how the guy got the wrong tattoo. They show you what they're going to do BEFORE they actually do it to make sure you approve.

The guy was dumb?

Maybe he approved the wrong thing. It can happen.

There are at least 3 TV shows about covering bad tattoos. People get the wrong thing (or the ugliest thing, or whatever) tattooed all the time.
ukimalefu posted:
justine posted:
ukimalefu posted:
justine posted:

The guy was dumb?

Maybe he approved the wrong thing. It can happen.

There are at least 3 TV shows about covering bad tattoos. People get the wrong thing (or the ugliest thing, or whatever) tattooed all the time.

Those are usually cheap stupid little tats. Not large expensive biomechanicals.
user Stupid cockwomble
ukimalefu posted:

He ducked under the tape? I would have run right smack through it. Man is he dedicated to his job.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Séamas Honorary Consul General
ukimalefu posted:

Trees are awesome.
Séamas posted:
ukimalefu posted:
Trees are awesome.

+++
ukimalefu posted:

And that was recorded by who?
justine posted:
ukimalefu posted:

And that was recorded by who?

Somebody very far away with a long telephoto?
TOS
or close with an iron sphincter
TOS
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle

I think the hospital made the right call - that kid does look kind of shifty... :roll:
TOS
feel the burn!

jkahless Custom Title
TOS
Hah, good one
These look interesting. I think it needs a bigger footprint for stability over rough surfaces and better straps to hold it to the feet. Those may come later.

Last edited by Kirk on Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:42 pm.

dv
Kirk posted:
These look interesting. I think it needs a wider footprint for stability over rough surfaces and better straps to hold it to the feet. Those may come later.

Now available at Kohl's!

jkahless Custom Title
It'll fail for the same reason segways failed. It doesn't really improve walking that much, and it makes you look like a tool. Maybe as a toy, but it won't revolutionise walking.
These are motorized and powered by the up-down motion while walking. But yeah, they probably won't go anywhere.
jkahless Custom Title
Kirk posted:
But yeah, they probably won't go anywhere.

dv
jkahless posted:
It'll fail for the same reason segways failed. It doesn't really improve walking that much, and it makes you look like a tool. Maybe as a toy, but it won't revolutionise walking.

I'd imagine they'd be a safety hazard for pedestrians and be banished to bicycle lanes pretty quickly.
TOS
jkahless posted:
It'll fail because the name sucks

fixed
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
TOS
lol

that really cracked me up
Pariah Know Your Enemy
jkahless posted:

The main reason Segways failed was because they were illegal to use in pretty much all public spaces. With exceptions for the handicapped, it is always illegal to drive a powered vehicle on sidewalks and there is no way at all to make a Segway street legal.
Pariah posted:
jkahless posted:

The main reason Segways failed was because they were illegal to use in pretty much all public spaces. With exceptions for the handicapped, it is always illegal to drive a powered vehicle on sidewalks and there is no way at all to make a Segway street legal.

Are they any worse than skateboards as transportation?
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Geesie posted:
Pariah posted:
jkahless posted:

Who uses skateboards for transportation after they are out of highschool?
Pariah posted:
Geesie posted:
Pariah posted:
jkahless posted:

Seemed like half the under-30 population of San Diego, but that isn't really relevant to the legal side of it. Skateboards on the sidewalks and bike lanes were a goddamn nuisance, so as I said, Segways probably aren't any worse.
dv
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Geesie posted:
Pariah posted:
Geesie posted:
Pariah posted:
jkahless posted:

Seemed like half the under-30 population of San Diego, but that isn't really relevant to the legal side of it. Skateboards on the sidewalks and bike lanes were a goddamn nuisance, so as I said, Segways probably aren't any worse.

I was not making any judgment on the Segway at all, I was just pointing out a rather obvious obstacle to their launch claim that they were going to revolutionize transportation.
dv posted:
Geesie posted:

You read Cracked too, huh?

http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_1264 ... -left-out/

No, actually. Elsewhere, someone made a joke about Reign being terrible so I looked up the comic panel. Cracked Photoplasty updates are godawful and I never read them.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 365, 366, 367, 368, 369, 370, 371 ... 912