The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 352, 353, 354, 355, 356, 357, 358 ... 918
Online now: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot]
radarman posted:

I had one of those. Used it for more than 20 years until I sold it. I think the "Dragon" improvements made it obsolete as an auto reverse feature.
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
TOS
TOS
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
This is on Mars. Scientist don't know exactly what it is

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/spaceimages/det ... d=PIA18932
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
Kirk posted:
No, no, this is the coolest thing you've seen today ;)

18 terrible beers.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Never tried the 'light', but if I had to choose one of those, I'd go for the Heineken.
juice Inadvertently correct
I've had it. It's bad.
ukimalefu posted:

That's cool. This is just pure speculation, but I think it may have been caused by a meteor impact (it is a circular feature about 1.2 miles across) that happened shortly--perhaps a matter of weeks or months--after the lava flow formed the rest of the plain surrounding it, but not so long that slow-moving lava oozed out covering the crater bottom thus obscuring features for craters of this size.
Microphotography inserted into everyday mid-19th century objects:

Please do note: NSFW as there are some examples of period erotica.
lleviathann The itch you can't scratch
radarman posted:

"Hey Mike check out this new ball game I found on the side of the box."
In an attempt to perhaps give some legitimacy to the shipped item - Perhaps the roller was supposed to be sent back to the manufacturer as an example of the problems experienced at Amazon.
I imagine that at the Amazon warehouses there are all sorts of items which whip by the folks watching for problems that has them wondering "Why would anyone order THAT?" After such momentary reflection the guy who saw this roller probably just mentally said: "Screw it! Off it goes."
chikie The same deviled egg
DEyncourt posted:
ukimalefu posted:

That's cool. This is just pure speculation, but I think it may have been caused by a meteor impact (it is a circular feature about 1.2 miles across) that happened shortly--perhaps a matter of weeks or months--after the lava flow formed the rest of the plain surrounding it, but not so long that slow-moving lava oozed out covering the crater bottom thus obscuring features for craters of this size.

It looks to me that its a later, more viscous lava dome (ish) feature. Reminiscent of the Pancake domes of Venus.
Geesie posted:

That's just bizarre. Unless that's a really good photoshop, I had no idea raccoons would do that. I'm going to guess somebody tamed and trained one to do that?
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Uh, I understand the need for a similar position in the gynecologist's office or during childbirth. However the strapped down hands trouble me.
What the hell is that?
Not too far from a birthing chair or gynecologist's examination chair. However that should be tipped forward a ways.
radarman posted:

That looks really fun.
TOS
listen, some deer you just don't wanna mess with

OK, those are whitetail. Having dueling deer lock antlers, be unable to escape and die, is not that uncommon. However I have to say that's gotta be photoshopped. Having only one die, take the time rot away enough for its head to come off without the other one dying of starvation in the meantime is preposterous. Also the other head hasn't rotted much at all.
user Stupid cockwomble
He ate the other deer.
TOS
Kirk posted:
OK, those are whitetail. Having dueling deer lock antlers, be unable to escape and die, is not that uncommon. However I have to say that's gotta be photoshopped. Having only one die, take the time rot away enough for its head to come off without the other one dying of starvation in the meantime is preposterous. Also the other head hasn't rotted much at all.

well for what it's worth the guys at reddit figure coyotes got the loser or that the loser broke its neck in the fight, allowing the winner to eventually rip its melon off
C. Ives Lacks Critical stick fiddling Thinking
agedgruel posted:
What the hell is that?

It's an operating table.

http://www.opt-ita.com/products/operating-tables/30-1/
Kirk posted:
Uh, I understand the need for a similar position in the gynecologist's office or during childbirth. However the strapped down hands trouble me.

http://www.medicalexpo.com/prod/advance ... 65465.html
Or it's just for a fun weekend.
TOS
abandoned high school, flint, mi

user Stupid cockwomble
TOS
TOS posted:
Kirk posted:

well for what it's worth the guys at reddit figure coyotes got the loser or that the loser broke its neck in the fight, allowing the winner to eventually rip its melon off

Riiiiiight, and the coyotes didn't take out the other one, who couldn't move because the first dead one was holding him to the ground, because?
TOS
Kirk posted:
TOS posted:
Kirk posted:

Riiiiiight, and the coyotes didn't take out the other one, who couldn't move because the first dead one was holding him to the ground, because?

so log onto reddit and argue with 'em, i'm sure they'd love it
TOS
user Stupid cockwomble
Chic tract?

It's got all that classic preachy fake style.
Mustapha Mond Daring to be stupid
Is it a little too generic on the "evil" though? I feel like he's usually pretty specific, like targeting Dungeons and Dragons players, or gays, or people who donate to the ACLU.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 352, 353, 354, 355, 356, 357, 358 ... 918