The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 336, 337, 338, 339, 340, 341, 342 ... 912
Online now: Google [Bot]
Sean posted:
[snip]
Makes me wonder... what's the legal stance on shooting down a drone that's flying over your own property?

There is the basic problem with firing any gun into the air. Even if the bullet or shotgun pellets hit the drone, no drone is substantial enough to stop such so the fired ammo likely will land somewhere other than your property (even if you fire straight up since the impact with the drone likely will unpredictably deflect the path).
Use a bolo. sheesh
sean Royal Wombat
DEyncourt posted:
Sean posted:
[snip]
Makes me wonder... what's the legal stance on shooting down a drone that's flying over your own property?

There is the basic problem with firing any gun into the air. Even if the bullet or shotgun pellets hit the drone, no drone is substantial enough to stop such so the fired ammo likely will land somewhere other than your property (even if you fire straight up since the impact with the drone likely will unpredictably deflect the path).

What about using something like a net launcher to ensnare it without endangering other persons? I mean... If someone was flying a drone over my property, could i use some means to knock it out of the sky?
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Sean posted:
DEyncourt posted:
Sean posted:
[snip]

What about using something like a net launcher to ensnare it without endangering other persons? I mean... If someone was flying a drone over my property, could i use some means to knock it out of the sky?

A bolo would be easier
user Stupid cockwomble
Kirk posted:
A bolo would be easier

I think not.

Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
user posted:
Kirk posted:
A bolo would be easier

I think not.

TOS
Fou lard silk scarf:

It's a pun: "foulard" is French for "silk scarf", but "fou lard" could be translated as "crazy bacon".
"What’s a Dad to Do When His Daughter Wants to Dress as Han Solo?"

Quote:
I’ll admit—my take on Princess Leia Organa isn’t 100% flattering to Carrie Fisher, but, you know, I made due with what I had. I found an incredibly cool Princess Leia hoodie at HerUniverse.com that came with the trademark Leia hair buns on the hood, which made it hard to resist. The skirt is a Red Cross nurse’s skirt from a local uniform store. And the thermal underwear and crappy sneakers? Well, it’s Michigan and it was cold and we were going to an event at the local zoo, so, yeah, I dropped the ball on that one. I need to find some better Leia boots for actual Halloween.

That's great, but the father should have gone as Chewie.
user Stupid cockwomble
Slave girl outfit.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
sturner Ancient Soldier
DEyncourt posted:
Sean posted:
[snip]

Screw it. Only use 40mm Orlikons, or 7.62 Vulcans.
Sean posted:
DEyncourt posted:
Sean posted:
[snip]

No, you don't have airspace rights over your property.
TOS
TOS
indian textbook

Mnemonics can be really helpful.
user Stupid cockwomble
Bright Boys Rave Over Young Girls But Veto Getting Wed
Milkman Dan posted:
Mnemonics can be really helpful.

Go rub your balls with grease.
user Stupid cockwomble
To be effective, a Mnemonic needs to be something unusual.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Strangely enough, I think I'll remember that one.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
The tracks in the golden train yard are Hey Man Lets Kill Jamaican Indians.

I didn't make it up but I'll never forget it. (Yes most people are too dumb to alphabet backwards, also, after I is F so blow me)
Pahoa on the big island is about to be bisected by a lava flow. Hurricane Ana slowed it down only briefly.
That last pic is Earth saying: "fiddlesticks you humans".
Here's another of a palm tree about to fall over.
TOS
mmaverick posted:
The tracks in the golden train yard are Hey Man Lets Kill Jamaican Indians.

I didn't make it up but I'll never forget it. (Yes most people are too dumb to alphabet backwards, also, after I is F so blow me)

i guess i should be glad it wasn't jamaican jews
Mustapha Mond Daring to be stupid
Do palm trees have feelings?
C. Ives Lacks Critical stick fiddling Thinking
Of course. How else would they make fronds?
Just because -
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
Kirk posted:

I like how the OS and files are still readable. Even the graphics still render. That's design.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
TOS
windowless plane concept

dv
radarman posted:

Want.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
how's it tell?
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Random Image Thread (keeping it PG-13 at the worst)

Page: 1 ... 336, 337, 338, 339, 340, 341, 342 ... 912